Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

New CWU Ideas.

Go down

New CWU Ideas.

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:17 pm

I feel CWU are very unorganized so I thought of this.

-Co-Director-
The Co-Director is right below the Director, he takes care of managing stores and managing their owners.

-Supervisor-
Does not work in a store. He works for the Co-Director / Director and goes to each store to view and make sure they are running in top shape. (Think of health inspector not just for health)

-Manager-
The Manager can own a big business, and manage it, he can also choose who works for him.

-Member-
A Member of the Civil Worker's Union can own a small business, or work in a big business. He is the lowest rank of CWU and he must follow orders from his superiors.

-The Medical Team-
There is a big hospital which is ICly run by Mr. Conlon.

-Chief of Medicine-
The Chief of Medicine leads the Medical team. He knows almost anything there is to know about medicine and he watches over his staff. He can ask the CmD / Saga for CETA to ship supplies that they need.

-Doctor-
The Doctor takes care of wounds, sicknesses, disease, and also researches cures.

-Nurse-
The nurse offers first aid to citizens who need them and can sell low level prescriptions from the pharmacy.

I got this idea when one loyalist was selling black market items in their CWU shop. With this system CWU workers don’t feel like they are just random workers and they actually feel like they are a part of something. They will work hard to possibly one day move up in rank / job.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New CWU Ideas.

Post by Cinere on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Support+
I especially liked the medical team, and also the organization. The CWU in it's current state is a bit confusing in hierarchy, especially to me.
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:48 pm

I am supporting it about 75%, the other 25% is my hate for the fact that the CWU seems a little bit too real world, owning businesses that the CCA would frankly find irrelevant, especially food businesses.
This is why I recommend food businesses only be for loyalists.

The citizens should not be given anything that would not help their effectiveness as individuals.

They should not be given food, (The whole idea is to enslave them and starve them so they cannot fight back)

Their furniture should only come with them being higher in loyal status, it should be little to impossible to own multiple pieces of furniture that are expensive irl. All items in furniture stores NEED a realistic price range.

This is a very minimalistic economy./

Last edited by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:57 pm

-Support
As I stated over Steam, this semi-corporate structure is beyond what the Combine would consider permissible. This level of organization for the CWU is just too much. Holler's 25% on this is my 100%.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:58 pm

That is why the economy is just going to be obtained through rations. It's harder to get tokens which means they mean more.

The Combine are all about efficiency so if giving citizens little furniture and shops to boost their morale they will work harder in the factories.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:03 pm

General Bravo wrote:-Support
As I stated over Steam, this semi-corporate structure is beyond what the Combine would consider permissible. This level of organization for the CWU is just too much. Holler's 25% on this is my 100%.

Well we need CWU. And having this makes it less scrambled.

As I said before the Combine are all about efficiency. If they just keep forcing citizens to work with nothing in return, the citizens work effort will be low. If low work effort the CCA would kill the citizens, and a cycle starts. If they are rewarded by small tokens to purchase meaningless furniture or purchase some better food item then they would have this.

As for the food the price should be MUCH HIGHER. That way citizens work harder and they are rewarded by a simple food that is not just supplements. But getting like takeout or something other than water wouldn't be common, it would be rare and used on occasion.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:13 pm

I need to have a 100% vote to +support this, the combine have no care for the citizens quality or will to work, It would more or less be you work or you die. The hierarchy should be revised as far as functionality, there should be little real world structure and/or economy involved to make it seem more canon and harsh, reminiscent of hl2's lore. Not any kind of high reward or status per se. Just revise it and make it more realistic under the hl2 canon is all I'm asking, General has a point. I still think however, we could do it better than this.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:23 pm

TC already had most of this implemented.... The only thing different is the Director / Co Director.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Plus with our lore and Svas having the blackmarket in his CWU shop, the CCA would want to monitor all shops.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Slashraider wrote:Plus with our lore and Svas having the blackmarket in his CWU shop, the CCA would want to monitor all shops.
It's not like he had a trade going in broad daylight into his shop of blackmarket supplies, Svas is quite irrelevant and the fact of the matter and most of what we are aiming to do, is remove all the faulty things from TC, that being one of them, CWU real world economy and such is not really all too canon. This structure is fine, how it actually functions and operates is not at all.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Slashraider wrote:TC already had most of this implemented.... The only thing different is the Director / Co Director.
TC had this in but it lacked structure and organization which it needed, people just sort of did what they wanted.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Well I am giving it structure. We are always talking about ideas to improve citizen / plaza RP. This one way to. Please suggest and idea or a change to improve this if you won't like it.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Slashraider wrote:Well I am giving it structure. We are always talking about ideas to improve citizen / plaza RP. This one way to. Please suggest and idea or a change to improve this if you won't like it.
I have multiple times, come up with an idea to not have it so real world, that is my idea. It is so uncanon imo and sickening to see all this irrelevant treatment that could be done better than this. I have stated my terms.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:
Slashraider wrote:Well I am giving it structure. We are always talking about ideas to improve citizen / plaza RP. This one way to. Please suggest and idea or a change to improve this if you won't like it.
I have multiple times, come up with an idea to not have it so real world, that is my idea. It is so uncanon imo and sickening to see all this irrelevant treatment that could be done better than this. I have stated my terms.

I honestly do not see how this is is so uncanon. Having the CWU in TC and having the managers and stuff for the shops were used. Your character Daniel even had managers / supervisors.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Slashraider wrote:
Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:

I honestly do not see how this is is so uncanon. Having the CWU in TC and having the managers and stuff for the shops were used. Your character Daniel even had managers / supervisors.
Do I play on daniel often? No, I never play on him for the exact reason I have addressed multiple times. The CWU could simply be more canon if you remove all of the real world economic structure and vibes the UU have literally no need for. Your Hierarchy structure is pretty good, hence my 75% support. Until you fix that I am neutral. I have addressed how to fix it even. I will do some further thinking about it later. But use what I have said to fix it up. Rest assured, it is a good hierarchy structure with good foundation, but the house is still dirty and needs to be cleaned up.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:29 pm

If I may add, tokens have absolutely no value unless not eating or drinking somehow affects your game play negatively. Not to make the game less fun, but to make it understood that if you do not eat, or drink, you will be in trouble.

Money isn't worth jack unless you need something. Other wise, its all up to whether or not you want to RP all that for nothing. Sure it may sound like good Passive, but there is no incentive to do that.

My suggestion would be to make something noticeable. Like, when you get hungry after a period of an hour, the edged of your screen get darker, eventually it will get so dark you will pass out from hunger. When you wake up your health will be slightly lower, but it will regenerate. And make it so you run slower.

Something like that. I know thats not what this thread is about but, meh
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Well my idea was to have the tokens not be able to buy much, but could be used to buy 'favors' either from / for the resistance.

And I want the hunger stuff so you eat, but the current one we had was buggy. You could eat 10 takeouts but still be starving which broke immersion.
Maybe have it so if you eat 1-2 supplements you are back to full hunger because citizens are used to only eating like once every few days.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Another point is, there is no incentive to be a CWU, because as of so far, they are useless drones that get on every once in a while and own a store and rack up useless cash that they never pay their workers because they literally have none anymore. Functionality is key, we can't just add in economy though that is too close to the real world, it needs to be planned and perfected so it makes more sense and doesn't fuck with canon.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Easier said than done. Honestly, even when we had more CWU, we didn't have enough to institute a whole organizational structure. And with what we did have, it worked well enough with having one person who was more or less in charge of a given store, with the rest working under their supervision.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Nothing gets done when people say "Easier said than done".
Nothing new and interesting gets created either.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Nothing gets done when people say "Easier said than done".
Nothing new and interesting gets created either.
Exactly right. None of that. We will get this structure going we will just need to work it out whether it is hard or not, how about this saying, "Innovating upon great things through work is better than achieving nothing because of simply doing nothing."

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:23 am

Except that isn't all I said. People seem to like to take me out of context when it's convenient.

In my experience, Civil Workers' Union was not a highly organized group that was held up above the general citizenry, but a status symbol that means(you hope)that you're a hair less expendable than everyone else. Having it be its own faction with a significantly large hierarchy throws a wrench into things considering HL2RP can really only handle two significant hierarchies, those being the resistance and the Combine forces.

Civil Protection:
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content