Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

The Event Horizon HL2RP P2L + Rolling System

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Event Horizon HL2RP P2L + Rolling System

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Now, P2L and Rolling has worked out for a sufficient amount of time on TC, but (no offense to Diablo) but it had many flaws which grew over time. Big one is, everybody loves to get very technical with their battles, which is fine. Here is the very revised P2L and Rolling system.

P2L + ROLLING:
During any interaction with another player, rolling and P2L are completely optional.
Keep in mind that there are rules to this. When you are /me'ing, you can do both. But, you may only roll when your /me benefits you in anyway. Dido to P2L. If you P2L, you dont roll. You can even call an s2k/s2m battle if you want, full out, keep in mind you cannot killshot right off the get go.

BASE EXAMPLE: CCA Vs Citizen Closer Range
CCA: /me fires at the man - This benefits the CCA, he could shoot the target and win. Because of this, he must roll.
CCA Rolls 82.
Citizen Rolls 91.

CCA: /me shoots and misses - He had to P2L after the roll because he lost.
Citizen: /me throws his hands in the air at the sound of a shot - This is already P2L, no rolling is needed.
CCA: /me charges the man, attempting to tie his wrists - Tieing is benefiting the CCA, but in this case the CCA might not have to roll if the Citizen does not resist. He must roll UNLESS the citizen doesn't resist. But in this case, lets say he does.
CCA - OOC: Resist?
Citizen: /me resists
CCA rolls 25.
Citizen rolls 23.
CCA: /me ties the man - Because he won, he must /me tieing the Citizens hands.

KNOWING YOUR GROUNDS: 
Quite often, I will see people who should be under severe pain rp, still fighting back very unrealistically like they still have a fighting chance, So here is the deal, if you have a severe disadvantage, you will skip a turn of rolling and the one who has an advantage over you, shall be given one round of inevitable "free" shot on you. This is not to be abused, you cannot incapacitate or instakill however you may attempt to tie or further hinder at this point at this point. If the one at a disadvantage shoots you again and you are now both in the same injured state, you are now back on even ground and both have to roll per each turn again.

GROUNDS EXAMPLE: CCA Vs Citizen Mid Range
CCA: /me fires at the man's leg area - This benefits the CCA, he could shoot the target and win. Because of this, he must roll.
CCA Rolls 93
Citizen Rolls 39.

CCA: /me shoots and makes contact with the leg - He had to P2W's hitting the leg.
Citizen: /me is hit in the leg falling to the ground in pain - He P2L's the hit and reacts with sufficient pain rp, but is still not at a complete disadvantage having a firearm
Citizen: /me aims his pistol firing it up at the CCA's chest region
CCA Rolls 63
Citizen Rolls 40.

Citizen: /me shoots but misses the shot in his attempt
CCA: /me fires at the mans arm region 

CCA Rolls 100
Citizen Rolls 86.

Citizen: /me is hit in the arm disarming him of his weapon and falling to the ground - He P2L's the hit and reacts with sufficient pain rp, this is now the DV round (Disadvantage round) He is hit in the arm now putting him to the ground the officer has a free move

CCA: /me advances a few paces forward keeping his gun aimed at the citizen
CCA: /me attempts to then tie the man on the ground
CCA Rolls 66
Citizen Rolls 63.

CCA: /me then ties the man successfully - He has won, forcing the citizen to P2L at this point.

POINT BLANK SHOTS AND SURPRISE ATTACKS:

Point blank shot is an instant P2L on the victim *ONLY IF HE/SHE IS AWARE*

Surprise must mean that they aren't aware at all, it requires a roll with +30 bonus to attacker

To avoid conflictions simply state in LOOC "Surprise" to initiate instead of trying to type out your full /me as it is quick paced.

SQUAD OF 3 CCA:
If you are attacked by 3 or more CCA, as long as you have the option to run you can attempt with all 3 of them also attempting to hit you in the process, otherwise you must p2l EX: If cornered!

GROUP BATTLES:
You must let one member of a group perform at a time their action rp/roll following the rest of the rules above and then switch to the next side of people to let one person of the opposing group perform their action rp/roll
-----------------------------------------
CCA can have bonus rolls due to Augmentation's (AKA: Augs). This is to be added to their existing nutrition bonus Here are the rank/aug bonus':
06-01 = +0 (Base Augmentation Set up) *Enlisted can receive robotic limbs*
EpU = +5 (Light Augmentation)
DvL/OfC = +10 (Medium Augmentation)
CmD = +15 (Heavy Augmentation)
SeC = +20 (Master Augmentation)
Rebel Leaders can also achieve augs, but it is much more difficult to do so, and their augs can only bonus their rolls to a certain extent:
Rebel Leader with augmentation's = +15
REMEMBER: The UU took over earth in 7 hours. Gordon Freeman can defeat these bastards because he has the HEV suit, and if they were real bullets he would have died back at Black Mesa.

This is Serious RP. Realism is important.

PS: If anyone is not P2L'ing or Rolling correctly, take a picture of the console logs and highlight the chat area where the mistake is made. Post it on our forums and our admins will handle it. DO NOT (REPEAT) DO NOT call an admin to the scene and try to prove that the other is guilty. Post the picture on the forums.

ALSO, do not disconnect during a player interaction such as this, it will be taken as a crime. And dont /me kills combine.

Keep in mind realism, if you are severely losing a fight, accept that and play out realistically behind that, do not argue about huge technicalities OOC, if the player is Power gaming and breaking rules, take screenshots and have hard evidence ready to send to The Supremecy or post on the forums.

Want to discuss this topic? If you feel there is an absolute flaw in this structure, do NOT hesitate to innovate upon it, Post a thread under "General Discussion" with the title "P2L + Rolling - Discuss"

Last edited by Colonel HollerHavoc on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Re: The Event Horizon HL2RP P2L + Rolling System

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:34 am

Updated With Rules which need to be followed as of tonight's mishap with action rp.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top