Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

Extended Jail Time.

Go down

Extended Jail Time.

Post by Slashraider on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:06 pm

So I had an idea to have a different type of RP. Jail RP. If your character is detained for a violation of a level 4+. These times below may vary depending on your crime.

Level 4: 4 hours
Level 5: 6 hours
Level 6: (Possible Amputation)

If your character goes into the Extended Jail Time, he will be forced to change into a Jail orange jumpsuit.

NOTE: If you get Extended Jail Time you can flag down from your character (As long as you are not avoiding RP) For example, if there is no one else to talk to in Extended Jail Time then you can flag and go on another character.

Now, this is not like normal detainment. You will not be stuck in a cell until your time is up. Units HAVE to take you out. They will give you IC food. They will put you in group cells and/or let you wander in an enclosed area and talk to other inmates.

What you can do in while you are in Jail.
- Talk to inmates
- Make friends
- Make enemies
- Possibly start a prison riot if you get enough followers
- Have someone you need to kill? Frame a crime on them, wait for them to go to jail, go to jail your self, then kill them there
- Create a shiv (Hard)
- Much more
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extended Jail Time.

Post by General Bravo on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:58 pm

It seems a little silly that they would let the higher level prisoners wander around. Levels 1-3, maybe, and honestly even that is pushing it considering we're still talking about the Combine.
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:20 am

There are two levels of prison, there is a deep level of detainment in the I17 nexus and a lower lesser normal style detainment which is higher up in the nexus, I like the idea of prison rp, however the time periods are a bit iffy, we'll see what others think.
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobstrike on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am

Well if those hours are real time that is quite awhile. People aren't going to want to spend hours at a time in a cell. I think a huge detainment time like an hour or two hours would be appropriate for the moderately severe crimes that are close to amputation, but not bad enough. Such as possessing very lethal firearms or assault of an officer. The long times could be a good deterrent against rebely citizens and crime in general. Where they would go during that period...uh...I haven't been in the map yet. Don't know there.
Noobstrike
Honored Individual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 am

There are multiple cells with different things. Isolation pods that go into the ground. Cells like C18. Cells that are actually jail cells. And big jail cells for multiple people.

The time does seem a long time but like I said you can flag down anytime you want and play on another character.
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobstrike on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:00 am

Isolation pods huh? Sounds interesting. I was watching this Steven Seagull movie last night where it was all futuristic, and he was this military legend who broke a law but they didn't want him to rot and die so they froze him in some pod. Perhaps an option for infamous resistance members instead of amputation, who could at some point be unfrozen to serve another purpose, and refrozen. Or not. Just me thinking.
Noobstrike
Honored Individual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05 am

I do like the idea of keeping Resistance members down there instead of amping them, however, they could spread info to citizens who would then get out, but, also doing that could out the resistance at risk, so it's a touche, either way, it's not like they themselves would ever be able to get out either way, I recommend adjusting the level 4 and 5 times to 1hour for level 4 and 3hours for level 5 because the interrogation time that comes with it usually takes a long time, I also think that putting them down there shouldn't be mandatory, their detainment should play out as normal at first but if not enough sufficient info is received say, they are put down there.
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Bubbles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:11 pm

I do like the idea of extended prison time and prison uniforms, but allowing prisoners to wander about and have normal prison life seems a bit too careless for the combine. I picture a very strict, almost Nazish work camp type of environment. Combine prisons would be living hell. But I do think that extended jail time will definitely make crime rp much more realistic.
Mr. Bubbles

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/mrbubblesthedebonaire

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:28 pm

There isn't really enough room for both the prison stuff and the labor camp aspect in the i17 detainment. The best map I've seen for that would be, like, City 8 District 9. The whole place is a broken, run down place that looks vaguely work camp-like.

I suppose we could drag prisoners out en masse with that big central elevator and force them to work more factory shifts than the others.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content