Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

CCA Applications

Go down

CCA Applications

Post by Slashraider on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:09 pm

All applications MUST be posted in this thread. Any that are not will be DENIED.

By applying for this faction, you agree that you have read the CCA Handbook, and will know what to do in any situation. The longer you hesitate to make a firm decision from this handbook, the closer to a demotion you get. It is recomended you play with the CCA Handbook open in your Steam Overlay so you can take a look at it if you are in a pinch.

By applying for this faction, you agree that you have read the CCA Handbook, and will know what to do in any situation. The longer you hesitate to make a firm decision from this handbook, the closer to a demotion you get. It is recomended you play with the CCA Handbook open in your Steam Overlay so you can take a look at it if you are in a pinch.

COPY AND PASTE                          

---OOC Information---

Steam name:
Steam ID:
How long have you been playing with The Event Horizon?:
How long have you played on our server, in total?: You must have played here for at least 20 hours. Post a picture link here  

20 lines of passive roleplay examples, using /it and /me. (Eg: /it The citizen runs through the checkpoint /me Gives chase)

20 lines of action roleplay examples, using /it and /me. (Eg: /it THe citizen runs through the checkpoint /me Gives chase)

Character backstory (10 lines at least detailing you character's background. Events, job, family etc and should reflect your skills):

---IC Information---

Name:
CID:
Amount of loyalist points: You must have at most -20 (Include a picture of a unit telling you how many loyalist points you have
Hair colour:
Eye colour:

Have you had any previous affiliations with the CCA of the city or the UU as a whole?:

Have you had any previous infactions from the CCA or the UU as a whole?:

Have you read the CCA Handbook?:

Quiz

1.) Under section 1B in the CCA handbook, what does 10-20 mean?:

2.) Under Section 1C, what does the S in S-Trait stand for?:

3.) Under Section 2A, how many Loyalist points are awarded if a citizen turns in Light Weapon Contraband?:

4.) Under Section 2C, what Level of Offence is trespassing?:

(If you get 2 or more wrong, you fail the quiz.)

COPY AND PASTE ^
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CCA Applications

Post by Mr. Bubbles on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 pm

---OOC Information---

Steam name: Mr. Bubbles
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:57365527
Age:I'd prefer not to disclose that (it brings about such a bias.)
How long have you been roleplaying?:A little over two years now, with a wide range in different Gmod roleplays as well as forums based roleplaying.
How long have you been playing with The Event Horizon?:One day, but I must say, I absolutely love it. It's incredibly well organized and enjoyable
How long have you played on our server, in total?: You must have played here for at least 20 hours. Post a picture link here  
You must have at least 20 posts on the forums.
(For these last two, I'm going to pray and hope that you might be willing to overlook these. I have more than enough experience. I've served as an admin to the Brink Network for over six months, during which I pretty much ran their entire metro police force single handedly. I do enjoy passive roleplaying my way up through the ranks, and I do have about two years of experience in different high command positions. If need be, I can provide some sources who might be willing to vouch for me.)

20 lines of passive roleplay examples, using /it and /me. (Eg: /it The citizen runs through the checkpoint /me Gives chase)
Valentina DeBourgh hugs her knees tightly to her chest, her stomach growling with the ever present hunger of the citizen, the cold gnawing hungrily, ferociously at her hollow, starved frame. The color has faded from her cheeks, now sunken and depressed, once beautiful and colorful. She feebly holds out a tin can in her skeleton like hand, begging for mercy in the form of a few tokens in anyone that might pass by. The telltale tromp of boots on the icy pavement sends her into a panic. She feebly tries to crawl into the alley as the stomping draws near, the ominous drone echoing off of the buildings. She drags herself into an alley, watching in terror as rank upon rank of uniformed metro police march by. They all look so similar, like so many toy soldiers walking in a line. She curls into a ball, hugging her skinny knees to her chest, the only feeble defense she might have to offer. She remains like this, curled up like a small child hiding from the terrors in their closet, until the marching fades. She sits there, a few hot tears rolling down her cheeks. She takes a small, silver locket from around her neck, opening it with a sigh. Inside is a picture of a happy looking family, so ordinary, and yet in these times, now so distant and foreign. She shuts it with a sob, slowly standing and leaning on the wall for support. She drags herself along, limping quite visibly, like a scared, wounded animal. The snow swirls around her lonely figure, the icy winds reaching through her garments to bite at her flesh. The cold glow of a pawn shop is reflected in her teary, tired eyes. She slowly walks towards it, hugging herself tightly to shut out the wind.

20 lines of action roleplay examples, using /it and /me. (Eg: /it THe citizen runs through the checkpoint /me Gives chase)

She draws nearer to the door. At any other time, the glow would have signified warmth, beautiful and inviting warmth. A haven from the bitter world outside. But now, it signified nothing but utter sorrow and dread. Dread of the deed that Valentina knew was necessary. Several minutes later, after many tears and heartfelt goodbyes, the locket was left behind in the shop, and Valentina walked back out none the happier, but clutching a small bag of tokens in her hand. The last small reminder of the old life, the good life, gone. She let out a strangled sob, sinking down to the ground, bitter tears rolling down her cheeks. She stayed like this for some time, letting her grief spend itself, before slowly hobbling on. The soft glow of a CWU Diner caught her eye, and she changed her desperate course for it. The door was so close, the warmth and the absolute heavenly pleasure of food just meters away. But no warmth, no relief was to be had. A shadowy figure darted out of the shadows, grabbing her hand. "Give me the money!" the shadow hissed. Valentina screamed as the grip tightened. She lashed out with every last ounce of her panicked strength, catching her assailant in the eyes with her fingernails. The grip loosened for a half a moment, but that was all she needed. She tore loose and ran like she never had before. Alleys and streets rushed by, but she didn't stop until she hit ice, falling spread eagle on her chest. She stared in despair for one long moment, as her bag of tokens arced through the air and hit the storm drain in the road. She watched helplessly as one by one, the coins spilled out of the bag and rolled down the drain. She laid there, too tired to cry, to tired to care anymore, as the snow begin to cover her.

Character backstory (10 lines at least detailing you character's background. Events, job, family etc and should reflect your skills): Valentina grew up on a farm in Merville, France. She lived the picture perfect life with her mother, father, and sister, her best friend. She had loving parents, and she loved them just as much as they loved her. She worked on the farm, riding her bicycle to the nearest school every day. Her afternoons were spent with her sister, enjoying the many bounties and wonders of the nature around them. They were thick as thieves, nothing could destroy their relationship. Nothing but the war. It came so fast, and was gone so quickly. The happy family torn apart, never to see one another again. Valentina fended for herself as long as she could in City 8. But one day, a miracle came. She was to be transferred to City 17. She was overjoyed. She had heard stories about the capital city. They say it's safer there...

---IC Information---

Name:Valentina DeBourgh
CID:#60510
Amount of loyalist points: You must have at most -20 (Include a picture of a unit telling you how many loyalist points you have): 0
Country of origin: France
Hair colour:Brown
Eye colour:Brown

Have you had any previous affiliations with the CCA of the city or the UU as a whole?: No, this is my first time applying for a CCA or UU job.

No, my record is clean.

Yes, I have read, re-read, and reviewed it carefully.

Quiz

1.) Under section 1B in the CCA handbook, what does 10-20 mean?: Specify Location.

2.) Under Section 1C, what does the S in S-Trait stand for?: Special Trait

3.) Under Section 2A, how many Loyalist points are awarded if a citizen turns in Light Weapon Contraband?: -4

4.) Under Section 2C, what Level of Offence is trespassing?: Level Three, resulting in detainment for two cycles and possible interrogation if found with contraband.

Mr. Bubbles

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/mrbubblesthedebonaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:05 am

Mr. Bubbles your application is denied.

You are a good RP'er and you use vivid /me's but...

1. Need 20 posts on the forums.
2. I need your age (you can message on the forums)
3. You need to include a playtime picture with at least 20 hours on the server.
4. You need -20 loyalist points.
5. For RP examples you need /me's and /it's  you have none. Example of right use:
/me quietly hums a tune while walking down the street.
/it a CCA officer is beating a citizen in the distance.
/me quickly turns around and heads back into the CAH

For applications you need to have all the requirements. There are no exceptions.
You can re apply in 3 days, if you re apply earlier than 3 days it will be automatically denied.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to message me on steam.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Bubbles on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:43 am

Alrighty. Just to clarify a few things (please know that I mean no disrespect), first, I was indeed using /me's and /it's, just in their active form. Meaning, I'm using them as you would see them if I typed /me or /it in the server. Secondly, I misunderstood the loyalist points part. It says you must have -20 at the most. I thought that meant that you could only have -20 on your character at the most, and that any smaller amount of points was acceptable. Anyway, I'll get right on meeting those requirements. I really like your server a lot. It's definitely the most organized I've seen in the few years I've been on the gmod roleplay scene. A rigorous application process is the key to a healthy server. Keeps out all the riffraff ;3
Mr. Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 am

Alright. Just to clear some stuff up. We ask for you to write the /me and /it so we can see if you know how to use them properly. As for the -20 points, our system works like this: every time you get arreted / do something illegal you get +points. Once you get +12 you will be amputated. If you do loyalist things you will get - points. At -20 you are loyalist level 2 which you can apply to be CCA. That is why we require a picture.

I am glad you like the server! We are always open to ideas and suggestions so if you have any please post on our forums.

(Don't reply to this because this thread is for apps and not discussions) happy role playing!

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Bubbles on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:28 pm

---OOC Information---

Steam name: Mr. Bubbles
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:57365527
How long have you been roleplaying?:Over two years now.
How long have you been playing with The Event Horizon?:Around a week, I think.
How long have you played on our server, in total?: I have played for one day, and twenty one hours, but because I have been registered on the forums for less than seven days, it won't let me post the link.

/me waits hungrily in line for her rations

/it the line moves slowly forward.

/me sighs, her stomach growling hungrily

/it the line moves forward a little more, shifting like a hungry caterpillar

/me begins to feel even more starved, just one spot away from the front of the line.

/me steps forward, looking nervously at the officers around her.

Officer: Citizen. Apply.

/me applies.

The officer views her data for a few moments, "Alright, you can go."

/me eagerly moves forward, waving her citizen id in front of the scanner on the ration terminal.

/me waits for a few moments, until her ration drops out.

/me catches it eagerly, quickly leaving the station.

/me looks around for a bench, finding one and sitting down.

/me eagerly tears open the ration pack.

/me looks crestfallen, as her hands meet nothing but air.

/it The ration pack is completely empty.

/me tosses it away.

/me curls up on the bench, her stomach growling hungrily.

/it the wind begins to pick up, chilling the night air and sending the citizens into their homes, or whatever they may call their homes.

/me mumbles to herself, "Fuck!"

Nearby officer: /me walks over to her, "What was that?"

/me looks up, shocked, "S...sorry...I..."

Officer: /me takes out his stun baton, flicking it on.

Officer: Citizen, face the wall.

/me stands up, slowly moving to the wall, her mind racing at a million miles an hour as she searches desperately for a way out.

Officer: /me lowers his baton for a brief moment to take a pair of zipties form his belt.

/me seizes the opportunity, dashing away towards d6.

Officer: /me chases after her, flicking er: /radio Suspect is fleeing, headed towards d6!

/me sprints down the street, looking for an escape, finding none.

Officer: /me sprints towards her.

Officer: /radio I've got her cornered! Requesting backup!

/me runs over to the dumpster, looking around for anything she might use.

/me finds a brick, grasping it as she holds it behind her back, her back facing the dumpster.

Officer: /radio Detaining suspect.

Officer: /me approaches, grabbing the woman by her collar.

/me swings out with the brick, catching the unit hard, smashing it against the side of his head.

Officer: /me collapses in an unconscious heap.

/me shakes uncontrollably, thinking she has killed him.

/me doubles over in terror, throwing up.

Character backstory (10 lines at least detailing you character's background. Events, job, family etc and should reflect your skills):

When Amelia was a young girl, she lived in London with her parents and brother. They were relatively poor, living in a small apartment in one of the more shady areas. It was most certainly a rough area of town, meaning that most of the students at Amelia's school were not the nicest, to say the least. She learned at a young age how to defend for herself, and stand up against bullies, especially her brother. He always took sadistic pleasure in making her life miserable. Whether it was terrifying her as a child, ruining her relationships in her teen years, or getting her in trouble at school, she could always count on him to make her life as difficult and horrible as possible. This lead her to have a tough exterior, not very trusting of anyone, and not outgoing or friendly. She hated her parents. Both worked full time jobs, never taking time for her or her brother. She never really had any sort of love relationship in her life, as none of her family really cared for her. That is, until she went to college, and met her first boyfriend. They soon move in together, and their love was absolutely inseparable. Every waking moment was spent together in romance and passion. For the first time in her life, she was happy, and nothing could possibly go wrong. That is, nothing but war...

---IC Information---

Name: Amelia Sarin
CID:90218
Amount of loyalist points: You must have at most -20 (Include a picture of a unit telling you how many loyalist points you have
Country of origin:United Kingdom.
Hair colour:Brown
Eye colour:Brown

Have you had any previous affiliations with the CCA of the city or the UU as a whole?:

None whatsoever.

None

Read and reviewed, multiple times.

Quiz

1.) Under section 1B in the CCA handbook, what does 10-20 mean?: Specify location.

2.) Under Section 1C, what does the S in S-Trait stand for?: Special trait

3.) Under Section 2A, how many Loyalist points are awarded if a citizen turns in Light Weapon Contraband?: -4

4.) Under Section 2C, what Level of Offence is trespassing?: Level 3, punishable by up to two cycles of detainment, and interrogation if person is found with contraband.

Mr. Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Bubbles on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:29 pm

I couldn't post the links of the screenshots of my lp's and playtime, but I can steam message you the links.
Mr. Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 am

Mr. Bubbles, Your application is Accepted.

-Decent RP examples
-Good Grammar
-Great RP'er
-Good Backstory

Ask an SA on the server to give you the whitelist!

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculatus on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 pm

---OOC Information---

Steam name: Excelpredetor (Oculatus)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32530032
How long have you been roleplaying?: 3 years now.
How long have you been playing with The Event Horizon?: Acouple days now.
How long have you played on our server, in total?: You must have played here for at least 20 hours. Post a picture link here  http://gyazo.com/a113808153067403e969e27cd671cd6b

/me Yosef would be clamping down a checkpoint.
/it A citizen would run through the checkpoint .
/me Yosef would radio "<:: I got a code 603."
/it the citizen would run out of sight.
/me yosef would continue the pursuit.
/me Would stop and scan the area and yell "<:: Citizen."
/it No one would respond.
/me Would pull out his flashlight since it was dark outside and would start looking around.
/it There would be movement from a dumpster.
/me Yosef would take out his stunstick and set it on [HIGH] and approach the dumpster
/it The movement would of came from a small tremour, from the railways.
/me Yosef would feel pretty stupid and keep looking.
/it A door of an abandoned building would creek open.
/me Yosef would turn around quickly and approach that area, Radioing "<:: 10 - 76 suspect, over."
/it From what it seems the building would be empty.
/me Yosef would look around saying "<:: Citizen... You are disrupting social order." He would say this repeatdly.
/it He would hear the sounds of footsteps from the storage room.
/me Yosef would hear it and radio "I am approaching suspected area, over." He would approach and open the door carefully.
/it the room would be empty.
/me Yosef would briefly search around then radio " Be on the look out... Suspect has gotten away..." He woud go back to his post.

/me Yosef would be gaurding a checkpoint.
/it A citizen would run through the check point.
/me Yosef would see it and run in hot pursuit radioing "Code 603."
/it The citizen would trip over a can and fall on the ground, straight on its bottom.
/me Yosef would catch up and pin the man to the ground and attempt to zip tie the man.
/it The citizen was having none of that and would attempt to push the CCA off.
/me Yosef would be pushed off.
/it The man would would leg it.
/me Yosef would run in hot pursuit after him and leap on the mans back knocking him to the ground.
/it The man would mutter "Fuck."
/me "Audio violation." would say attempting to zip tie the man again.
/it The man would attempt to force him self from the CCA, but would fail, due to exhaustion.
/me Yosef would tie the ziptie, keeping his wieght on the man he would pull out his data pad and say "Apply."
/it The man realized that it may be all over and complied and said "Lenny Mcgrath, 67013."
/me Yosef would quickly log all of what happened. He would then radio "<::  10 -77,"
/me Yosef would take out his stunsick and flick it on [HIGH]
/it The citizen would start mouthing the combine, knowing its time would soon be up
/me Yosef would bring his stunstick up and say "<:: Prepare to recieve civil judgement!"
/it The citizen would cringe as he heard those dreaded words.
/me Yosef wold bring the stunstick down on the mans head.
/it The man would be knocked out.
/me Yosef would pick up the man and head back to The Nexus

Character backstory (10 lines at least detailing you character's background. Events, job, family etc and should reflect your skills): Yosef Poloski was born in December 4, 1992 in Ukraine. Life as an early child in Ukraine would be hard and rough for him, but at the time since he was so young he would think nothing of it thinking that it was just like everyones life, Yosef's parents were both woodwookers for a local woodworking company. While Yosef had early passion as a child and it would be running, yosef would literally run everywhere when he was a child, this would give him a distinct advantage for the near future. At age 10 his family would have saved enough money to move to America, now Yosef would have always been told this is the place where dreams come true, when Yosef got to America the hype that he received before getting there was lost. His parents would work in a lower paying job than they did in Ukraine and Yosef had to attend a public school. When he was in school Yosef was ofter picked out for his poor English and accent, this made Yosef very sad of course and one day during 5th grade he had enough of it. While a kid was bullying him, that was named "Kelly Sherman." Yosef would snap at this point from all the bullying and would knee Kelly in the groin. Kelly would fall to the ground and Yosef would repeatedly beat Kelly unconscious until a teacher would have to break up the fight. Yosef would end up being expeld from the school, and Kelly would receive multiply stitches to the head and that would make him afraid of bullying anyone ever again. At this point Yosef was lost he couldn't go to school anymore. But luck would have it local charter school would end up reading Yosef's record and would let him into the school. There Yosef would make plenty of friends and even be on the schools track team, Yosef would excel at track and win many awards. When Yosef finished school he would and would be getting his bachelors degree hoping to apply for OCS for the Marine Corp. When the combine invaded Yosef would be on his morning jog when he saw portals appear in the sky. He would look up surprised and confused wondering if he was seeing things but the people around him were seeing the same this. Yosef would see all the horrible things that the invasion would bring. Yosef would end up being rounded up with all of the other citizens and be issued his CID and be sent to city 18.
---IC Information---

Name: Yosef Poloski
CID:80140
Amount of loyalist points: You must have at most -20 (Include a picture of a unit telling you how many loyalist points you have - http://gyazo.com/a3568336893c9776518cc5cd42f33f5a (Yes I do)
Country of origin: Ukraine (Birth place) USA (This is where he would be during the combine invasion)
Hair colour: Brown
Eye colour: Blue.

Have you had any previous affiliations with the CCA of the city or the UU as a whole?: None that I know of.

Have you had any previous infactions from the CCA or the UU as a whole?: Not that I know of.

Have you read the CCA Handbook?: Yes.

Quiz

1.) Under section 1B in the CCA handbook, what does 10-20 mean?: Specify Location

2.) Under Section 1C, what does the S in S-Trait stand for?: Specialty

3.) Under Section 2A, how many Loyalist points are awarded if a citizen turns in Light Weapon Contraband?:  -4

4.) Under Section 2C, what Level of Offence is trespassing?: Verdict 3

(Ps. I was reading the format a little to quickly and thought that the rp examples was the rp scenarios you were suppose to use for the examples.I just proof read it and realized it.)
Oculatus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Excelpredetor (Oculatus), your application is accepted

-Your RP are a little weak. You do not need to type Yosef after a /me. It would look like this in the game, "/me Yosef eats." "Yosef Yosef eats." All you need is a /me like, "/me eats" would turn to "Yosef eats."
-Great Backstory!
-Great Grammar

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Slashraider wrote:Excelpredetor (Oculatus), your application is accepted

-Your RP are a little weak. You do not need to type Yosef after a /me. It would look like this in the game, "/me Yosef eats." "Yosef Yosef eats." All you need is a /me like, "/me eats" would turn to "Yosef eats."
-Great Backstory!
-Great Grammar

Excelpredetor (Oculatus), your application is Revoked

I apologize, but Slash hasn't analyzed this correctly.

- Your passive /me and /it's are very similar to your action /me an /it examples 
- The RP examples were decent but lack a sort of essence and attention to emotion/detail that they should have
- Your backstory left lot's to be desired, Little detail about many key features of Yosef's life were excluded which would accurately lead to him joining up with the CCA, also if he was considering joining the Military, he would have been amputated along with all the other military which failed to defend earth. It needs a lot more depth.
- The entire app features an abundance of grammatical, spelling and punctual errors

Please revise heavily, take your time and critically think and assess the app before submitting again and re-apply in TWO DAYS

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Holler, I wish you talked to me before you did this.
I did analyze correctly. His passive and action are slightly similar but they are different enough to show he knows passive and action RP.

A backstory doesn't need to be full of detail, it just tells is about his character. He said he WANTED to join the military, he never said he applied or went to the military so the combine would not kill him. Plus him wanting to join the military would show a "key point" for him wanting to join the combine.
As for the mistakes. They were minor, not enough to change it from accepted to denied.

Please talk to me before you do something like this, Holler.

This is accepted and he has the whitelist.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:45 pm

---OOC Information---

Steam name: Profit
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37143626
How long have you been roleplaying?: I've been roleplaying for quite some time now, mostly on semi-serious RP. So far, this is the one server I've played Serious RP on that I haven't hated, which I feel really is a step forward.
How long have you been playing with The Event Horizon?: According to the server, about 20 hours.
How long have you played on our server, in total?: Same as above.

20 lines of passive roleplay examples, using /it and /me. (Eg: /it The citizen runs through the checkpoint /me Gives chase):
CCA: /me lowers their 9mm to get a moment's rest from the constant gunfire.
/it Rebel corpses fill the street, dripping blood. A wind starts to kick in.
CCA: /me pauses briefly before taking out the magazine and letting it drop to the ground.
/it The magazine drops, making a metal clanging sound.
Rebel: /me hears the sound and walks over to where it came from.
Rebel: /me turns a corner to see the CCA unit.
Rebel: /me walks to the middle of the road, giving a straighter posture.
CCA: /me hears the footsteps and turns to see the Rebel.
Rebel: /me sees the magazine on the floor, and gives a slight smirk.
Rebel: /me pulls out a .357 and positions it on the CCA's head.
CCA: /me doesn't move a muscle and continues to watch the man.
/it Silence fills the streets, as the wind stops and the men face each other.
Rebel: /me slowly pulls the trigger.
/it A click echos across the city, followed by one more as the Rebel attempted to fire again.
Rebel: /me looks at the gun and back at the officer, with a scared look on his face.
CCA: /me begins to move again in search for a full magazine.
Rebel: /me flicks the revolver to the right, revealing the chambers.
CCA: /me keeps looking for the clip.
Rebel: /me empties the bullets and reaches for his pocket.
CCA: /me finds a magazine and takes it from his front pouch.
Rebel: /me takes out a filled speedloader and inserts six rounds.
CCA: /me loads his gun with the new magazine.
Rebel: /me raises his gun to the CCA's head.
CCA: /me raises his gun to the Rebel's head.
Rebel: /me attempts to fire before the CCA does.
CCA: /me attempts to fire before the Rebel does.

20 lines of action roleplay examples, using /it and /me. (Eg: /it THe citizen runs through the checkpoint /me Gives chase):

Citizen: /me walks by a CCA officer, holding a can in his hands.
CCA: /me looks at the citizen.
Citizen: /me drops the can.
/it The can hits the ground, making a metallic noise and rolling to the CCA's foot.
CCA says "<:: Pick up that can."
Citizen: /me looks over to the CCA officer, and moves over to him.
CCA says "<:: Pick...up...the can."
Citizen: /me looks at his face, raising a slight smirk.
CCA says "<:: Apply."
Citizen says "William Evans, 84632."
CCA: /me pulls up their datapad, entering his credentials.
Citizen: /me looks around to see if there were anyone nearby, to which there was nobody.
CCA says "<:: These credentials are wrong."
Citizen: /me gives off a larger smirk and pulls out a .357 he hid in his pants, pointing it at the CCA's body.
CCA: /me attempts to punch the Citizen's gut.
Citizen has rolled a 73 out of 100.
CCA has rolled a 83 out of 100.
CCA: /me successfully punches the Citizen's gut.
Citizen: /me flinches right before the CCA hits the gun out of his hands, causing the gun to fire and get smacked into the air.
/it The shot echos throughout the city, as the gun hits the concrete close to the Citizen.
Citizen: /me falls to the ground and attempts to grab the gun.
CCA: /me attempts to kick the gun away.
Citizen has rolled a 92 out of 100.
CCA has rolled a 63 out of 100.
Citizen: /me successfully grabs the revolver, rolling a small distance away from the CCA and scrambling to his feet.
CCA: /me pulls out their stunstick and sets it to [HIGH].
Citizen: /me attempts to pistol-whip the officer.
CCA: /me attempts to hit the Citizen before receiving the hit.
Citizen has rolled a 48 out of 100.
CCA has rolled a 13 out of 100.
Citizen: /me successfully pistol-whips the officer.
CCA: /me gets hit on the head by the .357, falling unconscious on the sidewalk.
/it The CCA falls to the ground, making a large clanging with all of the officer's equipment strapped to their chest.
Citizen: /me looks around for any witnesses and spots 3 CCA officers.
/it The CCA in the middle is holding a shotgun, aimed at the Citizen. The other two CCA have stunsticks, set to [HIGH]
Citizen: /me attempts to fire at one of the officers, shaking his gun as he attempts to fire at the middle CCA.
Middle CCA: /me takes out their .357 and attempts to shoot the Citizen's right hand.
Citizen has rolled a 38 out of 100. (-10 points deducted for scare factor.)
Middle CCA has rolled a 94 out of 100.
Citizen: /me unsuccessfully shoots the archway the CCA members were above.
Middle CCA: /me holsters the .357.
Citizen: /me begins panicking, dropping his revolver on the ground.
Middle CCA: /me holds the shotgun out, pausing briefly before firing a shot on the man's arm.
Citizen: /me cries out in agony as his hand is blown off, leaving a gaping hole where is right hand used to be.
Middle CCA: /me slings their shotgun, slowly walking up to the injured Citizen.
Citizen: /me gets on his knees, holding his hand and poorly attempting to keep the blood from rushing out.
Middle CCA: /me puts the barrel between the Citizen's eyes.
Citizen: /me slowly looks up to the officer, accepting his fate.
Middle CCA: /me pulls the trigger, covering the shotgun in blood.
/it The Citizen's fresh corpse falls to the ground, missing a head and an arm.

Christopher Borrego lived what he would call a good life before the war. He had a job of fishing at a harbor, going into the big city to sell it, and living in a well fit apartment. Although others would've said this a terrible way to live, Christopher loved every single part of it. The thrill of doing something and making something out of it was just a very good feeling to him that he kept close. Until one day, he was separated from his job and livelihood from the likes of the combine. He was than put into City 18, where he constantly walked about, not having a single job. He asked to move a crate, pick up some trash, or even pick up a can. Every time he asked, he was denied and he had to sit and watch the others do it. Until one day, he was relocated to Industrial 17. When Christopher heard this, he was overly thrilled to go. Once arriving, he was so eager to get to work and do something with his life. Although there wasn't a job around every corner, it was enough to make him feel like he was becoming something, and doing something useful for a change.

---IC Information---

Name: Christopher Borrego
CID: 47691
Amount of loyalist points: You must have at most -20 (Include a picture of a unit telling you how many loyalist points you have):
Country of origin: United States
Hair colour: Bald
Eye colour: Blue

Have you had any previous affiliations with the CCA of the city or the UU as a whole?: Yes, I can cite many where contraband was revealed.

Have you had any previous infractions from the CCA or the UU as a whole?: I believe there was one instance, with some litter that someone else threw on the ground.

Have you read the CCA Handbook?: Yes.

Quiz

1.) Under section 1B in the CCA handbook, what does 10-20 mean?:
Specify Location
2.) Under Section 1C, what does the S in S-Trait stand for?:
Specialty
3.) Under Section 2A, how many Loyalist points are awarded if a citizen turns in Light Weapon Contraband?:
4.) Under Section 2C, what Level of Offence is trespassing?:
Level 3

I'd just like to add that I really don't want to loose Chris, but if I have to then I'll accept it.
Profit (tha_man234)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 pm

ProfitI am sorry, your application is DENIED.

- Your /me's were fairly decent most of the time, holding a decent amount of depth though showed a few spelling mistakes. They also contained little attention to detail on the unit/rebel's parts. (Include Unit Identification Numbers and People's names) Try to iron out those grammar and spelling errors, retain depth and don't get sloppy with it if possible, remember you'll be real time in the server as a unit.

- The backstory, though meeting the minimum requirement was too short to describe your characters life legitimately meeting up towards his new career choice.

- I stress highly to increase the length and think about Who, What, Where, When and How more within your backstory.

- The backstory protrays almost no emotion out of Christopher, he seems like a bland worker with no real emotions or motives that seemingly doesn't care about what he had lost. What about his family? His Friends? His loved ones? Why did he want to become a loyalist so bad? What was his life before the war like? Where did he live? Who were his parents? Many missing elements that need to be filled.

Please re-apply in 1 day (as this app was long to be reviewed)

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down