Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

Deja Vu...?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Deja Vu...?

Post by Zaughi on Sat May 03, 2014 11:52 am

Okay, don't kill me, guys, but I decided to redo this.
http://theterminal.forumotion.com/t2-civil-protection-handbook

A lot of it is unfinished and the Handbook is pretty basic right now, but it's meant to be that way.

I decided to start rebuilding this and fix the mistakes made the first time around. I'm doing my best to force the HL2 canon down people's throats so it'll probably be a lot like what DIABLO is mentioning, which I say is pretty accurate. Sorry, no more CWU. ;-;

So if TEH doesn't pick itself back up, I might actually put this thing into effect (it won't be as terrible as the last time, trust me).
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sat May 03, 2014 11:59 am

It's funny you are writing that again, because I started doing the same thing this morning.

I changed the codes majorly so that they could be remembered and used easier. I edited ranks slightly. I pretty much re-wrote how the Combine should act in certain situations and in certain places. How they should act around other factions.

And most importantly, I added in rules that clearly tell you that this whitelist is NOT A FUN TOY. Its a job. You can have fun with it, of course, but screwing around, not following the Handbook when online, going OOC, being IDLE, will all get you your whitelist TERMINATED. I wouldn't want people dicking around as CCA. They control a lot and are often the source of RP for most citizens. We can't have them thinking they are still just players with stun sticks. They, as CCA Units, are now important to our server and must obey rules and the Handbook TO A T. If they don't I would remove their whitelist and recruit someone more fitting for the job.

EDIT: Basically I wrote it so the CCA have an actual job. An actual objective. For example: Only two Units allowed to patrol outside of the Nexus at a time. Those two Units must remain on the Side Walks, and are only allowed to stand guard at Corners. One guard must have the D6 entrance in his viability at all times. Units are expected to have at least one detain per patrol. When a Unit comes Online and asks to Patrol, they MUST have a second Unit either already out there or waiting to go on Patrol with them. They may then radio it in and request patrol duty. If the Units currently on Patrol agree, both Units must go back to Nexus and meet the other two Units at the door. Update them on the situation, then move inside to passive RP. CCA Units who are not on patrol must remain inside of the Nexus and either wait for a call for Backup, passive RP with another Unit or alone, or harass detainees.

This is just one thing I added in. Next to new Codes, which go by number category. Example: 1 deals with Suspects. 1-1 Suspicious suspect. 1-2 Armed Suspect. 1-3 Mentally unfit Suspect. 2 Deals with situations. 2-1 Assault. 2-2 Theft. 2-3 SO ON AND SO FOURTH. It will be much easier to identify your situation by giving it a number.

I also added Codes for locations. Someone asks for your current location and your response would be "My 10-20 is 6-10." or something like that. Citizens, and Rebels who listen to your radio will not know where you are going.

I also added rules that state "Comebine Units must use proper code and code words while on patrol, as to not give any information to those who do not need it."

So really I just gave them more of a guideline to follow, rather than weapons, rank, and clothing.

Last edited by DIABLO258 on Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sat May 03, 2014 12:09 pm

I still think Protection Teams are a good idea to encourage working together, not-getting-mugged, and also will make for some pretty interesting RP.

I've always felt that the codes in the handbook were a bit overwhelming and some of them weren't really needed. Also, OOC behavior from units needs to be cut down upon significantly. I'm even guilty of doing it myself.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sat May 03, 2014 12:11 pm

I don't care about overwhelming codes. If we cut it down to something like I stated in my update, it wouldnt be overwhelming. If it is, you shouldnt be a CCA. If its not, I expect you to memorize them and use them accordingly. If you do not, blackmark.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Exactly why I've been cutting down on some of the radio codes that are relatively useless or unneeded. Units don't really need to know some of these codes because they'll likely never have to use them. However, there does need to be a good number and variety of radio codes for describing situations.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sat May 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Exactly. Tell you what, you and I should both re-write this.

In the end, lets compare and combine the two. We will take what we think is good, edit what we think needs editing, and remove what needs removing.

You create your Handbook and I'll create mine. Tell me when you are finished, so we can view them both and revise as needed.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Not a bad idea. I'll go work on it a bit more and mess around with some things, try to make it work.

On-topic: We had some good pop last night, but let's not let that be a one-time thing. I can organize more riots and make more generic chars for a while, but I will eventually get bored and move on, so you guys will have to start doing the same, making your own characters and throwing them into the mix.

Just make random characters and see how far they get! They can last, like, 20 minutes, like the two I created last night, or maybe they'll last a good few months if they're lucky. Be careful about being too creative, though, because your ideas will probably get dashed pretty quickly by some 05 or 04 who gets an erection from amputating someone.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sat May 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Thats one thing I want to say too. Planning out your character before starting them can be a real let down if you get killed to early.

I always started off a character just with a name and a simple back story. The events that happened due to other Characters are what determined where my character would go in the future. This way I was never really let down if I died, because I never really had a legitimate plan. It was all determined in real time.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sat May 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Exactly.... it sucks to have your ideas shot down so quickly. But even then, it's pretty letting-down to lose a character you didn't plan at all too, if he or she actually gets somewhere. That's honestly the reason I don't play on TEH as much anymore, it's because I think it's a waste to try to make new characters that only have about a 3% chance to get anywhere. And then again, if they do get somewhere and have a ton of development behind them, it's even more crushing to see that lost in the blink of an eye, especially under circumstances that are sorta BS (05s amputating...?).

The way Cuddles put it, the loss of Rose/Garry was like "finishing a good book series and having nothing left to do". I think that's also pretty accurate. Picking up a new book series is never easy, because you had gotten really into the story of the series you'd been reading, but then it turns out the final book had a terrible ending so you're still wishing that story could continue.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sun May 04, 2014 12:16 pm

I think I have finished my Handbook. I really only cut it down to what was needed and added is some new things.

One of the things I know for sure though is that we cannot just rely on text to tell our CCA what to do. If we really want this to work, we would need Higher Ups who actually can be dick bags and demote people, black mark people, all that stuff. If we have rules, they need to be enforced.

One way we can let Units know that this shit is real, is to change the Training session. I am going to work on that. I'll make it a notepad, and who ever is able to train Units will get a copy from me or something. That way Units can't just pick things out that they know will be tested
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculatus on Sun May 04, 2014 12:21 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:I think I have finished my Handbook. I really only cut it down to what was needed and added is some new things.

One of the things I know for sure though is that we cannot just rely on text to tell our CCA what to do. If we really want this to work, we would need Higher Ups who actually can be dick bags and demote people, black mark people, all that stuff. If we have rules, they need to be enforced.

One way we can let Units know that this shit is real, is to change the Training session. I am going to work on that. I'll make it a notepad, and who ever is able to train Units will get a copy from me or something. That way Units can't just pick things out that they know will be tested

When my 05 was a RcT training was very easy. I really didn't get taught any of the codes, procedures, and regulations. Which is probably the core of any training like that. All I was taught is Icly how to shoot a pistol and what I17 looks like. I think a better training procedure would come in handy.

Last edited by Oculatus on Sun May 04, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a lot of mistakes)
Oculatus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sun May 04, 2014 12:24 pm

It will be a script. Trainers (OfC and up) will have a script to copy and paste. Steps to follow. Guidelines to meet. Procedures to adhere too.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum