Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

General Lolwebul extermination thread

Go down

General Lolwebul extermination thread

Post by Cinere on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:05 pm

In this I'm going to compile the best soulotions to Anti-Lolwebul D6plz. Post some ideas/rules etc. I'll post when I come up with some.
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Lolwebul extermination thread

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:10 pm

The problem with plots that exterminate the lolwebuls is that they tend to eliminate any actual legit rebels is well.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinere on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Alright, while gettings rekd in CSGO I came up with some ideas:

1. Confirmed Anti-Citizens should be set to their own faction, with a bright orange coloring and auto-recognize. If the combine wanted citizens to report, they should know who to report.

2. Sewers should be filled with manhacks.

3. Ghost needs to be more populated, and should have snipers to watch over D6 and snipe.

4. PK's need to be more widespread. When you are amputated by combine, Data is edited with amputated, and you are PK'd.

5. Death in D6 should be PK instantly. If needed, put a warning on D6 enterances "Permenant Death past this point" If we want people to ICly fear death, the best way to start is OOCly fear death.

6. Maybe have a plugin of some sort that encourages RP. It wouldn't be too hard to find. When a character is created, they have 3 IC days to RP eating food. The plugin detects key words like, "Eat, drink, food, meal, consume." Etc. If they don't, they're flagged as starving, and they get 2 more IC weeks in total, and are reminded that IRL you need food so RP like it etc. If 2 IC weeks pass without food rp, they are flagged for administrative review and asked why no food RP. There is no annoying reminders, just casual "RP eat plz" and if they don't, their RP is watched over for a while, and it'll be easy to see if lolwebul

7. If ghost snipers are not available, there is a Advanced combine NPC ai, and it includes the snipers from HL2. They have a blue laser, and scan around. They instant kill, but I believe the damage can be adjusted. It could do 5 damage or something, and if they take damage from it, they are put as Anti-Citizen.

8. If there is no DvL available, and all units online agree for a sewer patrol, it should be possible. For entering the sewers, it should require 2+ as normal, but. There must be someone from Anti-Citizen online.

Number 8 highlights a problem we have right now. When one anti-citizen is on, others are usually as well. It just happens that way, because without another AC, there's no point in just running around D6. It also happens that those in a position with DvL, also have anti-citizens. And when multiple AC's are on, it happens that there are no DvL's online and no sewer raids can be accomplished. Just think for a moment, in HL2, as soon as Gordon Freeman was found, and a combine was dispatched, they followed him into the canals, and they just kept following. As Alyx said, "The combine may be slow to wake but once they're up their's no stopping them." Or something similar to this. If there is an Anti-Citizen and a unit wants to investigate, all the other units come and help.
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculatus on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:50 pm

Here is what I think.
1. Npcs will probably ruin RP and will keep people in the sewers.
2. Admins should be more active on their High Ranking CCA (You didn't reach that rank for no reason)
3. Food plugins will actually make people look for food and it will give the CCA a reason for more ration cycles.
4. If there is a group of CCA with a 03+ in charge and there is a "Critical Miscount." that unit should be able to muster a group and lead a sewer raid, if a DvL+ is not online. 
5. Every character that enters D6 should be PKed if caught by a Unit. If a LoLwebul fears death of their char OOCly then they'll probably fear it Icly (From what I observed by literal "LoLwebuls")
6. There should always be 2 units clamping hard-point 3.
Oculatus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Basically what I'm seeing is "kill all D6ers". Well, guys, we tried that once. Didn't pan out so great in the long run. I know people tend to spend too much time jerking off in the slums, but this isn't the solution. If you see a trend where people are starting to fall to drug use more often, you wouldn't just kill all drug users.

Also, forcing two units to stay stationary all the time isn't the best idea ever, especially considering two units will be all that are flagged up sometimes.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:10 am

Gotta agree with General Bravo here. Remember the whole Wittmann/Stinger dealio on C08? The entire Resistance fell apart and took up until now to rebuild itself.

We need to find ways to exterminate lolwebuls without wiping out the entire Lambda/rest of the legit rebels in the process.

My plan? Have a unit or two man Checkpoint C whenever possible. Restrict access (turn on the shield) through the 1-2-3 checkpoint to the Cinema district. Don't let any citizens into the Cinema district without applying first. We're gonna need some actual pop to do this because we need:
At least 2 units patrolling the plaza
At least 2 units to clamp
At least 2 units to patrol the outer districts

So ratio may become a bit of a problem here.

I think the RP could do with some more congestion, there's too much space for citizens to go now. We need a good mix of space, not C08-sized by not I17-sized... this is my main gripe with I17, the scale... it's just a bit too large for a HL2RP server. I need to get back to working on C17 ASAP but I've been having a lot of trouble with leaks lately so it's been difficult to move forward.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinere on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 am

Yes plz The Zaughi is 2gud. It doesn't seem to difficult. Restrict Checkpoint C. What point does any citizen have of going there? Yes, the loyalist apartments. If they're a high enough level to use them, they should ask a unit to let them through. Just use the shields on two. It also helps the pop issue. Less space condenses more citizens, improves citizen RP and creates less of a need to go to D6. Its a great plan Zaughi +++++++++++Support
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:55 am

By the way Cinere with your GHOST suggestion I actually like it quite a bit, however GHOST isn't really populated. (One of my friends who doesn't have CCA whitelist YET really wants GHOST as he loves sniper rifles and stealth, so he may be able to help there.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:22 am

We also don't want to eat up the server with CCA population.
However, Cinere, I do like your ideas a lot.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinere on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Understandable. Thanks for the support so far everyone.
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Super America on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:08 pm

I don't understand why we can't have what cinere said.  Why ARE we trying to have the Resistance members survive, IC the combine are always hunting them down. But no no no, not in hl2rp.  We need to let Resistance members live because they "effect" roleplay.

All resistance do is jerk off in sewers.  I think Cinere's idea is pretty good.

So I plus Support with Zaughi and Cinere.

Super America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:16 pm

I for one think that some of these ideas are really meta. First off, the CCA shouldn't just sweep because they see on the scoreboard that one AC is online, this is complete meta. Miscounts should not happen unless the pop is 10+. And why do ideas that are ONLY for lolwebuls and not resistance? If you kill one you have to kill the other.

Holler and I have an IC plan (not OOC) to fix D6, but it's up to him because it's his character that is doing it.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinere on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Meta? They should know. The AC's don't just kill themselves when they DC. In general we need sweeps. SWEEPS. Then lets take the anti-citizen scoreboard off the idea and keep it simple.

MORE SWEEPS W/ LESS RESTRICTIONS ON PERMISSIONS TO DO SO
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:52 pm

It may be canon for the Combine to try and eliminate all rebels, but that doesn't necessarily make for good RP. Just because CmD may ICly intend on cutting through everyone who isn't loyal to the Union doesn't mean it should be something we should be seriously planning on doing OOCly.

People jerking off can be solved in ways beyond "fuk rebul chars i dont have one so no one shud kill all of them nao". That makes for bad server administration, it makes for had RP, and it even risks setting some seriously problematic precendence for having really bad ideas get implemented just because someone was really vocal about it. ObamaCare had a lot of support too, and look how great that turned out to be.

Last edited by General Bravo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Civil Protection:
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:01 pm

General Bravo wrote:It may be canon for the Combine to try and eliminate all rebels, but that doesn't necessarily make for good RP. Just because CmD may ICly intend on cutting through everyone who isn't loyal to the Union doesn't mean it should be something we should be seriously planning on doing OOCly.

People jerking off can be solved in ways beyond "fuk rebul chars i dont have one so no one shud kill all of them nao". That makes for bad server administration, it makes for had RP, and it even risks setting some seriously problematic precendence for having really bad ideas get implemented just because someone was really vocal about it. ObamaCare had a lot of support to, and look how great that turned out to be.
Gotta agree with you on that one.
DarknessBalancesoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

I think first we should decide what the criteria is for being a lolwebul other than what is common knowledge. Basically what we think we should get rid of in Rebel and refugee RP or else serious rebels may end up dead, or even maybe so unclear to the point the lolwebuls get off the hook. I've seen other servers discuss this same topic without defining it as ending up with a bunch of alive lolwebuls and dead rebels and refugees.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculatus on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Heres anidea that Zaughi kind of told me about when we were rping. The CCA should be more aggressive with the citizens. Like harassing the citizens, Random searches, Radio chatter (Now I know this is pointless but radio chatter is actually really fun when you master the vocoder). The CCA should just be all around dicks to the citizen, so they fear the CCA.

Last edited by Oculatus on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : God for bid if citizens harrass CCA)
Oculatus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Oculatus wrote:Heres anidea that Zaughi kind of told me about when we were rping. The CCA should be more aggressive with the citizens. Like harassing the citizens, Random searches, Radio chatter (Now I know this is pointless but radio chatter is actually really fun when you master the vocoder). The CCA should just be all around dicks to the citizen, so they fear the CCA.
That makes some sense, but being and all around dick to everyone might encourage failrp'ers and webuls into doing this even more to go try and mingerun into the D6 and find some kind of gun and then go and randomly shoot up the plaza. I also Agree with Suiko btw.
DarknessBalancesoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum