Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

Unban Request

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Tygunner on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 pm

Atlas wrote:
Slashraider wrote:After reading the rules both when joining the server and on the forums. We do not specify this is against the rules. While it is common knowledge to most of you, it could not be known to newer players. I know that it states you cannot do this on the character restrictions, but not everyone reads every thread on the forums.

Under normal circumstances I would never allow a ban to be lifted as big as this one, but seeing that we do not have this rule specified, I am willing to shorten the ban.

Tygunner will be talked to to make sure he understands this, and all RP that was done between characters (including items given) will be voided and acted as though it never happened.

If anyone objects this, please say so in this thread. I have not decided on how much the ban will be shortened.
I'd like his RP with my unit to stay, if possible. Between me, Blackjack, and him, we have a lot of jailRP to possibly happen!

Can't wait, JailRP is one of my Favorites yet my least played  Very Happy
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinere on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm going to agree with Atlas happily. 1 month minimum. I will +Support the shortened ban, if it is a month or greater. I just. Wat'd when I saw the logs.
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculatus on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Atlas wrote:
Suiko wrote:A week ban maybe.
Just because he's relaxed, doesn't mean anything. I say a month ban, minimum.
+Support Atlas's proposition happily, one month minimum sounds about right. 
Oculatus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RenigadeBlackjack on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:22 pm

+Support shortened ban.
RenigadeBlackjack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -ChocolateSprinklez- on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 am

Gotta say, This got 181 views in about 2 hrs, that's more views than the views of the TEH rules. Bans are pretty appealing
-ChocolateSprinklez-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:37 am

Right I can roll with lowering the ban time on this one, people tend to get second chances, it's not like you deleted our entire plugin list somehow and fucked up our internal files. Though, the roguing is absolutely a -support from me. It's universal on pretty much every clockwork server to give other characters items. You are a low ranking unit that would be super afraid of doing anything sketchy for fear of what they higher commanding units may do to you. They would also be on to you. You'd fear the resistance as a basic loyalist to the Combine. You don't rogue at 05 because you somehow "feel sympathy" for the citizens. If anything you would want to mind your own business because you are not a citizen anymore technically. Fear of talking to them after seeing what the units higher ranked around you do to them on a regular basis is another factor which highly contradicts your rogue justification.

Many of these +supports are extremely one sided and bland. You were rightfully banned for violating a rule listed under the citizen restriction list in the cannon tab. Following that, you didn't ask permission or authorization to do any of these acts on your character and they are extremely unjustified. A unit of your rank would get to work and be afraid and intimidated by the higher ranks. There are also camera's all over the nexus so you getting these weapons from the armory all the time would not go unnoticed. You obviously utilized the population disadvantage here as well when little to no admins were on. This is unacceptable, if or when you come back, think about this. It's pretty much common sense.

As a matter of fact Slash was the one who banned him (@Suiko) at my catching on to this ludicrous and fishy behavior. I caught on to it because I noticed that you all had random weapons on your seemingly medic wearing "rebel" characters. I'm really not impressed at all with this guys.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 am

Technically transferring items through charaters is a form of metagaming which is highly listed and stressed. Metagaming means utilizing anything OOC to your IC advantage. OOCly he knew that his unit had given those items to Blackjack and such, he then took those items on Market which Blackjack just so coincidentally knew afterwards...

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverdisc on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:04 am

-Support.
What happened here is wrong on so many levels. There was huge meta, failRP and a huge focus on items. It is supposed to be common sense that, if you play on a serious RP server, you don't transfer items from a CCA char to your own slums char or friends. That's just terrible.

ICly, a unit wouldn't be able to. Even if he would be, it's still an extreme case of metagaming. In the slums, any weapons are supposed to be rare. This metagaming broke immersion big time.

If the ban were to be shortened, I'd say, at least permanently revoke any CCA whitelists.

Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:01 am

I'm very disappointed in the RP skills of you two in regards to this situation, however I am still in support of SHORTENING the ban. Not reversing. Shortening. To me, what looks like went on right here is someone trying to become one of the "cool" resistance members who have a large amount of items... while this is VERY wrong I do think that second chances should be given.

I doubt that ALL of this was done unintentionally while knowing the rules. However, a lot of it is just BASIC RP knowledge. Transferring items between characters OOCly, focusing on item collection... these are the rules that even newer roleplayers understand and almost universally accepted among HL2RP servers, unless you come from a semi-serious server such as LemonPunch or somewhere else where the focus isn't on character development.

I'm really starting to get sick of the lolwebul problem we've been having. I see everyone is rushing to get into the slums and get weapons and now I'm finding illiterate newbies with MP7s in the sewers. This problem needs to be addressed.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Zaughi wrote:I'm very disappointed in the RP skills of you two in regards to this situation, however I am still in support of SHORTENING the ban. Not reversing. Shortening. To me, what looks like went on right here is someone trying to become one of the "cool" resistance members who have a large amount of items... while this is VERY wrong I do think that second chances should be given.

I doubt that ALL of this was done unintentionally while knowing the rules. However, a lot of it is just BASIC RP knowledge. Transferring items between characters OOCly, focusing on item collection... these are the rules that even newer roleplayers understand and almost universally accepted among HL2RP servers, unless you come from a semi-serious server such as LemonPunch or somewhere else where the focus isn't on character development.

I'm really starting to get sick of the lolwebul problem we've been having. I see everyone is rushing to get into the slums and get weapons and now I'm finding illiterate newbies with MP7s in the sewers. This problem needs to be addressed.

I second this. I EXTREMELY support at least shortening it. He honestly did not know, and on the server we used to be on it was okay.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -ChocolateSprinklez- on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Yeah, Me, Suiko, Tygunner, And Blackjack were from the same server. There was no rule against it,But you could only give items to off-duty characters. That was till our old server shut down. :/
-ChocolateSprinklez-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Sprinklez, you have it wrong, as Suiko said you could give items from your units to your characters
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 pm

As long as there was IC reason. Which Ty thought he had. He was just a little misguided...
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Your "old server" sounds like a semi-serious ghetto... no offense, but it does. I don't see why that would be okay, I mean, that's setting yourself up for failure with the resistance having FAR better arms than the multidimensional Combine empire... and also you've got that thing in which... how are you going to leave the Nexus covered in powerful armaments that you aren't even allowed to touch at your rank? The Nexus itself is full of cameras and your biosignal is constantly being tracked so the Union knows where you are just about 24/7. So think twice next time you try to take a bathroom break.

But yeah, I'm almost always okay with second chances. I don't want to see this happening again, though. Ever.

100 posts... yay.

Last edited by Zaughi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Why do you think the server died?
Resistance quite fucking literally nuked the Nexus because a RCT got it to them "ICly".
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Just wut.

Wut.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Apparently the blast wasn't big enough to take the citadel however, and the server had about 10 rebels and 10 OTA on. Anyways, rebels walk into the Citadel with fucking C4 planted on it to "get in" and take out their big ass RPGs and shoot up the OTA*.

Last edited by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:04 pm

And let me guess. It was S2K?
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 pm

no the rebels powergamed and said /me kills combine QUITE LITERALLY and then shot the RPG. Eventually it turned into an FPS. I was one of the OTAs involved... oh god we barely survived. The Citadel was taken over and one of the rebels cannibalized the CA.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:06 pm

And this.... this was completely acceptable...?

What kind of RP server WAS this?

I need to know. Now.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 pm

The admins weren't on at the time but this event made like everybody leave and there was a fucking shitty Op that made it all happen.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -ChocolateSprinklez- on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Then they made a boring server where the owner is the programmer(He sometimes hosts ooc in game dance parties)
-ChocolateSprinklez-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful.

How did this operator get recruited in the first place? How did these rebels get RPGs somehow without their suppliers getting caught? As for the COTAs...  uhh... if the Resistance are trying to nuke the Citadel, then there would be gunships everywhere, and the Combine might just nuke the city to end the chaos in that kind of situation.

That server sounds so un-HL2 I could die.

While we're on that topic, why can't I find a HL2RP server that actually follows canon as closely as possible? I mean, The Crew/The Event Horizon did an okay job of it, but still, I'm rather turned off in servers that lack at least that depressing dystopian 1984 feel... which even TEH is starting to lose, in my opinion.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:13 pm

I think it's the fucking donut shop. Even though everybody loves it should be fucking shut down.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Zaughi wrote:Beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful.

How did this operator get recruited in the first place? How did these rebels get RPGs somehow without their suppliers getting caught? As for the COTAs...  uhh... if the Resistance are trying to nuke the Citadel, then there would be gunships everywhere, and the Combine might just nuke the city to end the chaos in that kind of situation.

That server sounds so un-HL2 I could die.

While we're on that topic, why can't I find a HL2RP server that actually follows canon as closely as possible? I mean, The Crew/The Event Horizon did an okay job of it, but still, I'm rather turned off in servers that lack at least that depressing dystopian 1984 feel... which even TEH is starting to lose, in my opinion.

Oh don't worry. We are fixing this. Actually today we are. The server will feel more dystopian and no more "oh come here for food!" Rations will be the only food you can get "unless loyalist" and more to come.

As for players getting into D6 easier, that will be changed as well. A lot of thjngs will be changed to make the server feel like actual half life than IRL city RP.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: