Top posters
General Bravo (341)
 
Slashraider (315)
 
Colonel HollerHavoc (256)
 
Zaughi (182)
 
DIABLO258 (102)
 
Suiko (80)
 
Cinere (60)
 
Atlas (57)
 
Oculatus (55)
 
Blukerbeh (43)
 

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server



Unban Request

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Unban Request

Post by Tygunner on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Steam name: Tygunner111
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70686946

What was the reason for your ban?: Having no reason to go rogue on my unit|Metaing

How long is your ban?: 125 Years (Perma)

Which admin banned you?: Slashraider

Why do you feel that we should give you a second chance?: Because I thought it wasn't against the rules, when I checked the rules I didn't see one against it at the time.
Tygunner111: Sorry, I didn't see it on the fourms when I checked before I did it
Slashraider: i agree it is "unclear"

For the rogue unit thing: I had a reason because my CCA char saw the citizens and felt sympathy for them, he soon thought to help them and was about to join the resistance, instead he thought to stay undercover and supply the resistance instead

If you feel you were wrongly banned, do you have anything to support this?:
Slashraider: i agree it is "unclear"
avatar
Tygunner

Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-10
Age : 17
Location : In your mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by RenigadeBlackjack on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:15 pm

+Support I agree with Slash it kinda is unclear. Maybe the rules need to be updated?
avatar
RenigadeBlackjack

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-26
Age : 22
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by -ChocolateSprinklez- on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:18 pm

+Support. I agree, the rules do not mention anything about sharing items between chars
avatar
-ChocolateSprinklez-

Posts : 11
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-15
Age : 27
Location : Outskirts of Swaglandia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm

-ChocolateSprinklez- wrote:+Support.  I agree, the rules do not mention anything about sharing items between chars

http://theeventhorizon.forumsmotion.com/t51-hl2rp-citizen-restrictions

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 pm

+support Ty is the most easy-going RPer I have ever seen. He just does it for fun and doesn't get stressed easily when I'm RPing with him and he just relaxes RP, and even Slash agrees it wasn't too clear.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 103
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Holler banned him by the way, not Slash.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 103
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Zaughi on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 pm

-Support.

I'm sorry, I really am, but according to the logs... I don't even know how anyone with even basic RP experience could do this. Please don't take it personally... seriously... I have nothing against you, but honestly, think about it. If you feel sympathy for the citizens, you will give them food and water, not arm the populace with the most powerful weapons around.

Indirectly supplying your characters in that manner is just ridiculous... I might consider a +Support to reduce the ban time, and I think you have great potential as a roleplayer, but... this is just a bit excessive. And also, there are rules clearly stating this is not acceptable, you may have just been looking in the wrong place.

I'm sorry.
avatar
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Posts : 182
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 103
Location : Much Worse Depression

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Atlas on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Absolutely unacceptable. Especially because he's breaking out Market with his CCA character, and supplying EVERYONE with guns. I cannot handle rule breaking of this magnitude. I was getting the best RP with his two characters, and he had to ruin it by constantly breaking the one out with his other character. I am actually severely disappointed with my RP being affected by this. -Support
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Suiko wrote:Holler banned him by the way, not Slash.

I banned tygunner.

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 pm

A week ban maybe.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 103
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Atlas on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Suiko wrote:A week ban maybe.
Just because he's relaxed, doesn't mean anything. I say a month ban, minimum.
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Zaughi on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 pm

I have to agree with Atlas here.
avatar
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Posts : 182
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 103
Location : Much Worse Depression

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by RenigadeBlackjack on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Zaughi wrote:I have to agree with Atlas here.

As do i.
avatar
RenigadeBlackjack

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-26
Age : 22
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:39 pm

I don't think a perma ban is necessary. He didn't know. It's like saying its worse or as bad for a baby to break the law rather than an adult. The baby honestly had no way of knowing. It wasn't intentionally, he wasn't trying to ruin RP. He isn't a malicious bastard who just gets the guns to kill other players. In fact, sorry Ty to release this, but he's in his younger teens and isnt as mature as you guys, though he is amazingly mature for his age. Other people his age would act as intellectual or respectful as him. He has taken his punishment gracefully, and he hasn't been mad at Slash (the admin he talked to) at all. I believe, at most, a 2 week ban but if you kept him banned I believe a week or a few days would be sufficient. When I told him he was permabanned he was very sad, simply because he loves the admins and the community and the RP in general.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 103
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Atlas on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Suiko wrote:I don't think a perma ban is necessary. He didn't know. It's like saying its worse or as bad for a baby to break the law rather than an adult. The baby honestly had no way of knowing.
We're all in our mid teens. He is not a baby. So if he is mature an actual punishment will teach him a lesson. He ruined my characters development now because of this! I am not willing to sit by and let it happen without justice.

I didn't say perma ban either. I said a month, minimum.
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Zaughi on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Atlas, I do not believe a perma ban is necessary here also. I understand that it may have disjointed your characters' development path(s), however I think that Tygunner, with a bit more experience, can easily assimilate and become a wonderful addition to our community. I believe a ban of 3 weeks to a month and a half is sufficient here as to teach a lesson, but we don't want to be too draconian with our bans or we won't even have a population to RP with at all.
avatar
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Posts : 182
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 103
Location : Much Worse Depression

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm

I just think a month is too much. I think half a month would be more appropriate- he was originally permabanned however which is why I protest that. Also, hes like 13. I think a month is too much because you just build up this rage over that time or forget hl2rp or settle in at a new server by then and I really want to keep him here. And how did he ruin your char development? I'm just curious, not trying to wrong you
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 103
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm

After reading the rules both when joining the server and on the forums. We do not specify this is against the rules. While it is common knowledge to most of you, it could not be known to newer players. I know that it states you cannot do this on the character restrictions, but not everyone reads every thread on the forums.


Under normal circumstances I would never allow a ban to be lifted as big as this one, but seeing that we do not have this rule specified, I am willing to shorten the ban.

Tygunner will be talked to to make sure he understands this, and all RP that was done between characters (including items given) will be voided and acted as though it never happened.


If anyone objects this, please say so in this thread. I have not decided on how much the ban will be shortened.

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Atlas wrote:
Suiko wrote:I don't think a perma ban is necessary. He didn't know. It's like saying its worse or as bad for a baby to break the law rather than an adult. The baby honestly had no way of knowing.
We're all in our mid teens. He is not a baby. So if he is mature an actual punishment will teach him a lesson. He ruined my characters development now because of this! I am not willing to sit by and let it happen without justice.

I didn't say perma ban either. I said a month, minimum.

I never said he was a baby, that was simply a comparison.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 103
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Zaughi on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 pm

I think that the "Crafting Rules", "Character Restrictions", and general server sets of rules should be combined and replace the HL2RP main menu link on the server with that to make it easier for players to read up on all the rules and not have to go around scanning the forums for the right ones.
avatar
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Posts : 182
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 103
Location : Much Worse Depression

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Zaughi wrote:I think that the "Crafting Rules", "Character Restrictions", and general server sets of rules should be combined and replace the HL2RP main menu link on the server with that to make it easier for players to read up on all the rules and not have to go around scanning the forums for the right ones.


Agreed.

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:58 pm

This ban actually helped us in many ways.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 103
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Zaughi on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Indeed it did.
avatar
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Posts : 182
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 103
Location : Much Worse Depression

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Atlas on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Slashraider wrote:After reading the rules both when joining the server and on the forums. We do not specify this is against the rules. While it is common knowledge to most of you, it could not be known to newer players. I know that it states you cannot do this on the character restrictions, but not everyone reads every thread on the forums.


Under normal circumstances I would never allow a ban to be lifted as big as this one, but seeing that we do not have this rule specified, I am willing to shorten the ban.

Tygunner will be talked to to make sure he understands this, and all RP that was done between characters (including items given) will be voided and acted as though it never happened.


If anyone objects this, please say so in this thread. I have not decided on how much the ban will be shortened.
I'd like his RP with my unit to stay, if possible. Between me, Blackjack, and him, we have a lot of jailRP to possibly happen!
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by RenigadeBlackjack on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 pm

Atlas wrote:
Slashraider wrote:After reading the rules both when joining the server and on the forums. We do not specify this is against the rules. While it is common knowledge to most of you, it could not be known to newer players. I know that it states you cannot do this on the character restrictions, but not everyone reads every thread on the forums.


Under normal circumstances I would never allow a ban to be lifted as big as this one, but seeing that we do not have this rule specified, I am willing to shorten the ban.

Tygunner will be talked to to make sure he understands this, and all RP that was done between characters (including items given) will be voided and acted as though it never happened.


If anyone objects this, please say so in this thread. I have not decided on how much the ban will be shortened.
I'd like his RP with my unit to stay, if possible. Between me, Blackjack, and him, we have a lot of jailRP to possibly happen!

It would be nice yeah...
avatar
RenigadeBlackjack

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-26
Age : 22
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unban Request

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum