Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

Im done...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Im done...

Post by General Cergis on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Im done with the server until you can fix the rebel ratio, Two Rebels, Two Refugees or more where on, 3 citizens, and 2 CCA, From what I can tell that is a instant Wave of OTA right there, TO much Rebel Activity, If you cant fix that, I will not join. And Yes I was tempted to get on my Vort, which I did, to get some decent RP, instead of walking around and shitting in the plaza waiting for something to happen. Until the 'Supremacy' fixes this, I will not join, I WILL NOT join. DONT even try convincing me, In steam or Fourms, I will instantly Deny, until you can fix this. Im really done.

~ Your Friend Colonel Cergis
General Cergis
Honored Individual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Im done...

Post by Slashraider on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Colonel Cergis wrote:Im done with the server until you can fix the rebel ratio, Two Rebels, Two Refugees or more where on, 3 citizens, and 2 CCA, From what I can tell that is a instant Wave of OTA right there, TO much Rebel Activity, If you cant fix that, I will not join. And Yes I was tempted to get on my Vort, which I did, to get some decent RP, instead of walking around and shitting in the plaza waiting for something to happen. Until the 'Supremacy' fixes this, I will not join, I WILL NOT join. DONT even try convincing me, In steam or Fourms, I will instantly Deny, until you can fix this. Im really done.

I was on and I was in observer to see the ratio and it wasn't that bad... I only saw 2 people in the D6/slums area. The rest were actually in the plaza, but not in the open. IE: CCH or CAH.

Just because you cannot find people in the open does not mean that the ratio is bad and you need to leave. Some people like to just RP by themselves in a room (CAH) together without being hassled by others ICly. This is apart of RP.

I know pop has been down due to the dumb addons problem Gmod is having, so when there is low pop, people may just RP together and that isn't something you should complain about.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Or maybe you could just.... I don't know, maybe try running one of your existing chars or maybe even a new one into the slums, fearRP properly and let it flow from there...?
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:56 am

Colonel Cergis wrote:Im done with the server until you can fix the rebel ratio, Two Rebels, Two Refugees or more where on, 3 citizens, and 2 CCA, From what I can tell that is a instant Wave of OTA right there, TO much Rebel Activity, If you cant fix that, I will not join. And Yes I was tempted to get on my Vort, which I did, to get some decent RP, instead of walking around and shitting in the plaza waiting for something to happen. Until the 'Supremacy' fixes this, I will not join, I WILL NOT join. DONT even try convincing me, In steam or Fourms, I will instantly Deny, until you can fix this. Im really done.

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Holler, I am someone who gets on to RP regardless of what the outcome may be, there are always going to be problems to fix Cergis. Today was a problem in itself at one point, but y'know? We had a population tonight, that's great. We are working our hardest to get rid of this failrp Cerg. A lot of what you are seeing is generated from fail rp, regardless of the exaggeration you made. If you don't wanna come on? So be it, but you know what? Running away from the problems instead of pitching in to trying and help, waiting for others to solve it when you could be trying to do your best to help us would be the greatest favor. Posts like this Cerg, is what makes our community look like it needs help. Why not get on? These problems will persist if you are on or not until we can actually work them out. We aim to bring TC, DA, SOTA and all other ancestry connections back to the golden age. The ratio was an issue in the past Cergis, why is it such a game changing element now for you? One key thing I am beginning to realize is balance, it is deteriorating, people need reasons to remain in the plaza. It needs to be as equally intriguing in it's own way = to the slums and D6/sewers. Once balance is achieved RP will flow the way we want and need it to.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:03 am

One way you could get people to find Citizen RP interesting is if it was.

To do that, you need people to be on their citizens.

Once you got that, you should really remove anything that takes away from the HL2 feel of the game. I'm talking about non-cannon stores, OOC CCA, just anything that isn't the CWU really. This will get citizens to remain citizens. You all will simply need to adjust, because as time goes on you will find that this is how it was meant to be played. And with all the extra things we added in, some of the game doesn't feel pleasant or interesting anymore. Why? I believe it's because there is to much freedom within the IC world. Stores like food stores allow people to eat when they want to, and not become malnourished. Rations come in and give them more and more tokens, for what? More food. This is not what happened in HL2. Instead, there were no food stores. Rations were the daily RATIONS of food. The only store that was remotely possible was the CWU store, due to the different colored clothing on the models. And even then, the default settings for the CWU faction does not sell food. It sells items for the citizens. Items they may need permits for.

I think citizen RP isnt fun anymore, because its not citizen RP. Its everyday normal life RP with dick head police and depressed people. Thats not very fun. Why would anyone wanna talk and group up to work towards a revolution if they get food, money, and a place to stay? It doesn't make sense.

This has nothing to do with Cergis' post, but honestly, Cergis, you don't post this kind of stuff. If you want to protest about something, you make your statement short and sweet and pop a "The Doctor is out" sign on your door. Then you don't respond for a long time until you get what you want. If you dont get what you want, and you come back, you will look like a dumb ass. If you don't come back, well hey thats the promise you made. So stop responding to the shit we say, unless you want to keep your promise. If you don't want to help fix the very issues you are complaining about, then by all means get out because I would not want someone yelling at me and telling me how to do my job, just to say "No you do it and I will stand by and watch because I am the player". Idk if you noticed, but this is a community. A community is a group of people who work together. Staff are just members with a higher status.

You do not fit this category if you post something like this.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cergis on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:52 am

HL2RP is very bland for me these days, that's why I hardly join. I was thinking about officially leaving, but I have been with the flow for about a year and three months, a lot of you are like family to me, but I'm starting to not feel that connection. You guys taught me a lot, trust me. But I just can't have fun on the server anymore, it's just... Bland for me. That's why I have been playing Fallout RP, something different. But I can't come back under diablos words, I will look like a dumbass, so... I'll just wait.
General Cergis
Honored Individual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:35 am

Colonel Cergis wrote:HL2RP is very bland for me these days, that's why I hardly join. I was thinking about officially leaving, but I have been with the flow for about a year and three months, a lot of you are like family to me, but I'm starting to not feel that connection. You guys taught me a lot, trust me. But I just can't have fun on the server anymore, it's just... Bland for me. That's why I have been playing Fallout RP, something different. But I can't come back under diablos words, I will look like a dumbass, so... I'll just wait.

RP isn't just bland for no reason, I remember the days when I was in your position, I actually had to put fourth effort to get something interesting happening for myself and for others to spark fun and deep stories and therefore, unbland rp. This isn't a serious rp server to just lolwalk around the plaza until you find something that is "cool". It's about developing your own character to make things interesting for you and those around you. (at school, gotta keep this discrete)

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Whatever. Just come back whenever you feel ready, if you ever do come back. It's your choice. Just don't expect us to come running after you, or wait around for our return. You are over exaggerating one night of some rebel RP. Other populated nights we try our best to fix.

The only thing I agree with here it the "supremacy" thing. Sounds like fucking Nazism to me.
Atlas
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Really a lot of rp is based off of paying it forward, if people aren't approaching you, approach them, be the one that sets the rp in stone and gets it rolling, but be versatile, don't just rp with the same person constantly if you can help it ( I mean of course if it's an IC sort of friendship and fate ). Doing a deed of rp will inspire others to do the same and the chain will keep flowing until it begins to stop. Lore will be established. Unique stories will spark. Most importantly it doesn't matter where you are in the map for this to happen. Utilize your surroundings to their most effectiveness, remember the bottleneck of D6, is the fact that it's dangerous as hell.

As for the CWU I've established a loyalist structure which we should follow here, I believe it fits in with the cannon better than what we are currently doing, with real world store shit, it needs to be a lot more mandatory.

http://theeventhorizon.forumsmotion.com/t136-how-the-loyalist-uu-abiding-citizens-work

I do not want to see any;

"John Waltz' Change store is now open! Come on in and buy things!"

No it should not be like that, this is a dystopian themed oppression, it would be more like;

"Attention residents, the Union Morality Facility: 'Change' is opening on your district, report to there immediately or face sociocidal charges."

It should all be forced open the citizens to do things, they must feel scared and obligated.

Citizens need a lot more beatings, their fear is diminishing and the only way to enforce that is to have CCA units correspond with their rank description located in the Handbook.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Atlas wrote:The only thing I agree with here it the "supremacy" thing. Sounds like fucking Nazism to me.

Eh, it's just a joke really, honestly just going with the starwarsish theme of these forums. I mean it honestly has truth to it, we have more power over the server and can do a lot more than others, doesn't mean we flaunt it around or anybody else is politically worse than us. Razz

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:04 pm

To me, it's sends the wrong message.  Shocked 
Atlas
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Atlas wrote:To me, it's sends the wrong message.  Shocked 

Just changed it for you mang, I don't want people thinking we are like the all and mighty kings

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Even Supreme Commanders answer to SOMEONE, believe it or not.

On-topic, this is probably a temporary situation. Arguably, the CWU itself is not technically canon(at least not the way we do it)given that we never really see any evidence of anyone running any sort of stores, but I suppose it could be implied based off of garbage that probably wouldn't have lasted ~20 years.

Also, if people are on the server, there's going to be at least one person who doesn't tell you to "<:: Move along." or just walk away from you(which technically isn't failRP, some people might be scared of what could happen if they're so much as caught talking). There's always someone to RP with, you just need to be willing to look. That, or just start making RP yourself.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content