Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

The Life of a CCA unit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Life of a CCA unit

Post by Tygunner on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:17 pm

**Inside the nexus, there is a unit in the armory. His armband reads CCA-I17-CORE.05T.21811. He examines the weapons and as he opens the equipment locker, he takes out a bunch of paper. With a swift look around he leaves, minutes later a Citizen with dark messy black hair leaves the Nexus with a backpack on full of paper. When he gets to his apartment he writes on the paper in bold italic letters (the most serious font) he writes "Memoirs"

(This is going to be little things I write in first person when I'm bored. As a side note, I'm doing this on my phone, expect grammatical (Thank god for spell check) errors.

Chapter 1: Beginnings

As I get on my uniform in the locker room, I pull on my armband with a Large T on it. After being able to "Relax" on the train, now I have to start to work again. I have well knowledge of the codes, but this city is very different. As I get up, I check my camouflage black sachel. At my last city, when one of our HELIX died, she gave me it. Fully protected by Kevlar, and with a small pouch perfect for holding a knife. I search through my satchel, checking my gear. Vials, check, 9mm, check, folding knife, check, Baton, check.. Then I see it, a picture of myself and a girl. She has long blonde hair and blue eyes, she is in her Kevlar, but without the mask. Her eyes seem to be changing colors, and her arm around my shoulders.

Chapter 2: Out of the frying pan..

While I was patrolling, I saw someone with a loyalist armband and a jacket on. I would have killed to be warm. The doughnut shop opened and after getting my doughnut walked by D6.
I saw the biolocked door open. I choked on my doughnut in disbelief, the same loyalist I saw with the jacket.. Carrying a shotgun in D6.

(This is going to be little things I write in first person when I'm bored. As a side note, I'm doing this on my phone, expect grammatical (Thank god for spell check) errors.)

Chapter 3 ...And into the fire

I immediately radioed "<:: Malignant Spotted in D6" and HELIX 02 was there in five seconds flat. We encounter a few headcrabs, which I killed. While we were looking for the Loyalist, and 02 blowing down every door with her shotgun, we made our way into a bar. Inside, 02 led me into the bathroom "Uh, 02? I'd doubt they'd be in her-" and she kicks down one of the stall doors. She feels along the wall, finally finding a switch. And then the wall slides open, and as I stand there dumbstruck. 02 walks in, turns out it leads to a room with a sewer entrance. We explore the sewers for awhile, then 02 and I walk out of D6. She says "<:: Patrol Concluded" and walked away.

Chapter 4 My Story

I'd bet you'd like to know how all this has happened, eh? Well, back in C45 all was well. We first heard moans, then scuttling, then screams of Citizens. I was confused when over the radio we all heard, "<:: All units, ripcord immediately, and take position at the nexus walls, don't let anything get close" And then we saw them, being the first time I've seen one, I nearly wet my pants. A black headcrab ran at the nexus, the CORE DvL ran and used a mounted turret to kill it. Then a zombie, covered in the black headcrabs, walked slowly at us. There was a large outbreak of fire as we held out against everything. Headcrabs to Antlions. Soon we were running out of ammo, then a running zombie ran at HELIX and he went down, we killed it, but just before he died, he gave me his satchel. At least he died a hero. After the outbreak was stabilized, I was sent to another city, I had too many bad memories at C45. As I was getting on the train, a girl with blonde hair ran torward me. She gave me a hug, and then a man took our picture, her arm around my shoulder, and her eyes changing shades of colors.

**As 21811 is getting his gear on, he finds a journal labeled "20396's Journal" beneath the bench, and he puts it in his locker, eager to read it later

**Later, he reads it quicky

*As 21811 opens the journal, the first page is titled "March 22, 2016 - The Transfer" and the body is written as follows*
12:22 A.M. - Today I'm getting transferred from City 45 to the Industrial District, apparently things are heating up down there and they need more units. I'm getting transferred along with 21811. Sentimental talk isn't normal in this day and age, but we started talking about all the things we missed about City 45. He had a girl he liked, I had friends. Hard to come by these days. I can't afford to have one anyways... I've had experiences that were *There is a few wet marks on the paper, then the writing continues* quite changing. I can't believe I still have normal emotion as an 03, unlike the others. It's hard for me to change, because I have many thoughts swirling in my head... I just can't think straight. 21811 says I need an individual important thing to think about... so I try to think about getting back into HELIX. Well, that's it for now. 21811 is asleep by now, but I have my thoughts and myself, so I remain awake.

(BTW I'm allowing Suiko to add posts because our characters know eachother, and I was running out of events)

Last edited by Tygunner on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Life of a CCA unit

Post by Tygunner on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:24 pm

(Feel free to comment, and ask any questions if you'd (for some reason) have any)
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Is this story basically the buildup of a Recruit to higher ranks, or are you going to be jumping around perspectives of different units?
Profit (tha_man234)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:53 pm

This looks interesting but don't make new posts every time, simply just edit the first post to add the new chapter. You can do the occasional "Updated" post but don't just spam the reply with new chapters.

I'll sure to keep reading this Razz

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:56 pm

My unit is a transfer from C45, and when he arrived he was an 05 and it is recent events from his perspective. I started this from about a week ago, so everything that happens happened about a week ago. It will go along with him through the ranks.

Thanks Slash, but I'm doing this on my phone in my free time. So I can't really edit the post, but I'll do it when I can
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Done.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks Slash
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:46 pm

(I can't delete posts for some reason, ignore any of them other than the main post and questions)

Last edited by Tygunner on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:59 am

(I can't delete posts for some reason, ignore any of them other than the main post and questions)

Last edited by Tygunner on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks to anyone who has read this thread! I just realized that this thread has the most views in the whole Backstory Section. I'll make sure to write as often as I can knowing people like this story!
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:48 pm

*As 21811 opens the journal, the first page is titled "March 22, 2016 - The Transfer" and the body is written as follows*
12:22 A.M. - Today I'm getting transferred from City 45 to the Industrial District, apparently things are heating up down there and they need more units. I'm getting transferred along with 21811. Sentimental talk isn't normal in this day and age, but we started talking about all the things we missed about City 45. He had a girl he liked, I had friends. Hard to come by these days. I can't afford to have one anyways... I've had experiences that were *There is a few wet marks on the paper, then the writing continues* quite changing. I can't believe I still have normal emotion as an 03, unlike the others. It's hard for me to change, because I have many thoughts swirling in my head... I just can't think straight. 21811 says I need an individual important thing to think about... so I try to think about getting back into HELIX. Well, that's it for now. 21811 is asleep by now, but I have my thoughts and myself, so I remain awake.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Chapter 5 The Truth

(Sorry for the wait, didn't want to post this for fear of metaing. Too bad I guess)

I'm not sure what I was thinking, as I walked into the Garbage disposal area. I guess it was grief... Or stupidity. I had been the one all this time, I had given Blackjack the guns, more importantly Market the guns. Power is shoved into the hands of who do not want it, and they make the best of leaders. A day after I gave Market and his friends guns, the OTA was sent to deal with them.. And Market was captured at shell beach, no one has linked it to me yet. But I made a mistake, Blackjack, assumed dead. Was seen while I was in the garbage disposal room. So, she was one of the few survivors, and now on the run. I screwed this up. I want to leave the Nexus and never go back. I welcome remorse.
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:48 pm

*ty finds himself in a shitty situation and his unit winds up ded, shit*
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks for reminding me Suiko, I can't continue this story anymore. Hope everyone enjoyed it!
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top