Top posters
General Bravo (341)
 
Slashraider (315)
 
Colonel HollerHavoc (256)
 
Zaughi (182)
 
DIABLO258 (102)
 
Suiko (80)
 
Cinere (60)
 
Atlas (57)
 
Oculatus (55)
 
Blukerbeh (43)
 

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server



Demotion Request: Atlas

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 pm

BAN REQUEST TEMPLATE

Steam name: Cinere
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40866245

Name of the person you wish to ban: Atlas
Their steam ID (If possible): STEAM_0:0:21986988

Why do you want this person banned? Explain what happend:

Over a fairly long period of time, Atlas has been critiqueing everyones roleplay, as if it needed to be corrected. It's not only annoying, but over time it seems immersion breaking. I am not one to say I have never went LOOC to help someone out, like tell them to /apply etc. But he simply will argue over voiding an ENTIRE rp sequence, one time which even both parties liked. He just argued about it. It was RP'd correctly, althought not to his standards apparently. Now, this isn't something to be banned over, but I just feel that he is unprofessional and unfit for duty as an operator. First off, rather than being calm about his work, he threatens to "lose his shit". This not only makes me doubt the competence of the adminstrative staff choicing, but also the server in general. Now, when I was "apprehended" by him today, for "flaming him", which in my point of view was just trying to enjoy myself without him jumping him but alas, there he was, threatning with kicks for meta, and what he says is finnally my punishment for flaming him... Wat. Not only does this seriously make me doubt my decision to have once donated to such an administrative staff, but also, why I even bother raising the pop cap by one to get angry at Atlas. He obviously is also biased against me and anyone who stands near me, as he will make it his goal to "finally" get what I, "deserve". When anyone supports me, he will say something sarcastic along the lines of "Of course you do, 05." As if his opinion mattered any less that I was patroling with him.  I try to be funny at first with him, when he self-appoints himself as the judge of me and others roleplaying, but after a while, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I disconnect, along with some others as well. It's annoying and he is a poison to TEH.

Do you have any evidence such as screenshots, or any witnesses?:
Oculatus is a witness.
https://i.gyazo.com/a83c458590764cd36b52d15af7ab8afd.png
https://i.gyazo.com/980f31946089c091c02d57dc92fab4d3.png

List the rules you think they have broken:
Unprofessionalism
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by volatile_tnt on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:22 pm

-support
All I see in those two pictures is you arguing with Bazid over meta...

*Edited to add -support*


Last edited by volatile_tnt on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
volatile_tnt

Posts : 25
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-17
Age : 21
Location : Virginia, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Oculatus on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:23 pm

+support
Now I don't believe this is something to get banned for, but I do agree with Cin.
avatar
Oculatus

Posts : 55
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-16
Location : 1337xXganjavill3Xx666360420

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:31 pm

avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by volatile_tnt on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:36 pm


Most of those were in the original pictures and I did see them. Seems like we're only seeing your side of this, and it's not looking like he's done anything wrong from your side of this. I'm sorry if you're biased against him, but that's no reason to go all out and try and get him demoted. Have respect for all staff, despite whether you like them or not. They do one thing, and that's enforce the rules, and I'm fairly certain Atlas does a great job at doing just that.
avatar
volatile_tnt

Posts : 25
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-17
Age : 21
Location : Virginia, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Oculatus on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:38 pm

This isn't the point here. It isn't that hes good at enforcing the rules. Its how hes enforcing the rules
avatar
Oculatus

Posts : 55
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-16
Location : 1337xXganjavill3Xx666360420

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by volatile_tnt on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:42 pm

oculatus wrote:This isn't the point here. It isn't that hes good at enforcing the rules. Its how hes enforcing the rules

As long as he's enforcing the rules and doesn't break them while he does so he's doing nothing wrong.
avatar
volatile_tnt

Posts : 25
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-17
Age : 21
Location : Virginia, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Let's check out this little thread then:
http://theeventhorizon.forumsmotion.com/t26-the-event-horizon-rules

See, he's already broken 2 that I can count:
-Be polite over OOC chat.
-Respect users and help them if they ask.

I'm pretty sure I don't feel respected.
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Chris10023 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:55 pm


Alright first of all use Imgur.com to host pictures as they can be put into an album. Second of all you were trying to lol break into the rebel base. no human the size of an adult could fit into those vending machines, there's a bunch of machinery in there, basically like the one in this album: https://imgur.com/a/jHBAN#0 the ones you were looking at were like the one in the first photo they would look like the one in photo 2 inside. Why would you even think there was something fishy with them? You would just assume they were broken, and not worth looking at.

-Support
avatar
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

Posts : 27
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Cinere wrote:
1. Over a fairly long period of time, Atlas has been critiquing everyones roleplay, as if it needed to be corrected.
YOUR roleplay* not everyones

Cinere wrote:
2. First off, rather than being calm about his work, he threatens to "lose his shit".
I am calm towards most players on the server. I feel one thing I do bring to the administrative team is the power of being assertive and aggressive. I will not sit back while you mess with the ways of roleplay and ruin others experiences.

Cinere wrote:
3. there he was, threatning with kicks for meta
Most of the administration team* not just me

Cinere wrote:
4. He obviously is also biased against me and anyone who stands near me, as he will make it his goal to "finally" get what I, "deserve".
You push me to my limits, unlike anyone else on the server. Oculatus was only blindly (no offense) following you because he was an 05 (with no fear RP or nervousness) about to find the Lambda base. Who wouldn't want to find that shit and be crowned a hero? So I somewhat understand why he did it, but he still almost meta'd finding it with you.

Cinere wrote:
5. When anyone supports me, he will say something sarcastic along the lines of "Of course you do, 05."
I am a human, not a robot designed to punish you for consequences. You down right piss off (nearly) everyone that I talk to about you. You are the only user to actually break so many rules, and still have the arrogant attitude to continue doing it all of the time.

Cinere wrote:
6. he is a poison to TEH.
So that's why I've been through so many communities and retained a reputation of being good at RP and being part of the staff team for majority of the time? Take a step back and look into the mirror and see what everyone else is seeing.


Plus, those pictures of what I said don't change anything. I did say them because it's my job! To stop people like you from ruining RP experience and breaking the rules.
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by General Alpha on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 pm

I - support this as I was there and atlas had done nothing wrong. You had literally went up to the two vending machines that lead to the Rebel base door in the sewers and shot at them for little reason saying your excuse was that a rebel may have been hiding in said vending machine. This was and is considered meta as your unit wouldn't think to shoot those said vending machines (the ones that lead to the rebel base) or any other vending machine. Remember a vending machine isn't completely hollow they have components inside to move the items (money or product that is being sold) around.
avatar
General Alpha
Operative Personnel

Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : On the Tyrant. An Eclipse class SSD.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 pm

I didn't come here to argue over the already judged "meta" we apparently did, but that is again beside the point here. If you are going to complain over the original problem, rather than support or deny my claims of Atlas' unprofessional-ism, then I don't see why you decided to even post in a thread specifically titled about him.
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Not only is this thread not about bashing and flaming me over others "opinions" about how I act, but this is about how I fear for the user base to be treated, when they are to be judged by such a person as you, Atlas. One who is willing to not only insult the person complaining about you in a thread specifically created to democratically discuss your demotion, but then, without proof, claim others opinions.

And to you, CallChaos, I had already destroyed the crates with no issue, assuming that people would hide in them, yet, although an possibly ill-proportionally sized vending machine can not be checked, simply because I didn't know there were rebels hiding within the machines. With that logic, you are saying just because a Jewish person in WW2 hid in a box, in a silent house that the perpetrator had never been in means he would not check said box, because there is no previous suspicion that there is a person in a box. You are right, there is no proof that there were people side the vending machine door thing. But, my unit as well as 05 are not absolutely lobotomized to the point where they will not shoot into a flimsy machine or crate, even if there is a high chance NOONE is in there. Should I therefore check NO crates, because there is no knowledge of people in there? What then is the point of searching?
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by volatile_tnt on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Cinere wrote: With that logic, you are saying just because a Jewish person in WW2 hid in a box, in a silent house that the perpetrator had never been in means he would not check said box, because there is no previous suspicion that there is a person in a box. You are right, there is no proof that there were people side the vending machine door thing. But, my unit as well as 05 are not absolutely lobotomized to the point where they will not shoot into a flimsy machine or crate, even if there is a high chance NOONE is in there. Should I therefore check NO crates, because there is no knowledge of people in there? What then is the point of searching?

Wat.
avatar
volatile_tnt

Posts : 25
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-17
Age : 21
Location : Virginia, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:10 pm

I personally think that since I've been an operator, I have the power to punish you now. And no other staff member ever warns you to back your arrogance off, and now that a staff member (me) is finally put you under control, you feel threatened.
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:11 pm

I have been staff with Atlas for almost an entire year now, if not more. He was admin when I was admin back on RC, and was admin when I was SA on RC. He does nothing for his benefits and he is usually right when it comes to it. I did not see anything wrong that Atlas did. This post seems very biased and the evidence is just some quotes that were taken from LOOC chat.

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Cinere wrote:I fear for the user base to be treated, when they are to be judged by such a person as you, Atlas.
For the record, I don't treat the user base this way. Only you and to others that deserve it. You don't fear for the user base, just yourself.

I feel that people like Slash trust me because I have the aggression it takes to get shit done and get rid of rule breakers efficiently. If you are ride to the people I respect, expect insults.
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 pm

It seems Atlas that you enjoy and almost wish to create an atmosphere of threatening and overbearing administration. You seem to forget, Atlas, although yes you are a operator and your decisions are in a way, more meaningful than mine, which you seem to happily portray in the way you address me, the point of this server is to be inviting and enjoyable. You are literally claiming not only how I feel, but directly knowing that your actions are creating such a threatening atmosphere.
Atlas wrote:And no other staff member ever warns you to back your arrogance off, and now that a staff member (me) is finally (trying to) taking you under control, you feel threatened.
Are you implying your fellow staff members are incompetent then? It seems you just wish to be superior, yet, that is the problem I have with you. You complain when I point you out on this, "Eliteism"
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by General Bravo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 pm

-Support
The evidence here is insufficient for me to get behind demotion. And with it coming from someone who we've had problems with several times causes me to question it very heavily. If someone has more convincing evidence to bring to the table, I'm all ears.

And administration should not be threatening per se, but we can't be effective if everything we do is questioned on the grounds of "elitism" and the like. And besides, if you want to be nervous about staff and their judgement of people, blue names shouldn't be the ones you scapegoat.

_________________
RP Characters:
Citizen:
Steven Davis-Alive-Citizen, in main district of City 18
Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
avatar
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

Posts : 341
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 24
Location : Orbiting Earth on his Super Star Destroyer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Thanks for pointing this out Atlas, I appreciate it greatly. It only further proves your bias against me. Administration is supposed to be unbiased among all members, and if they are to be treated and feel as if they are in a fair atmosphere, they should not have one administrator being their "big brother" and deciding it necessary to take their own actions against them, simply because they feel that they are breaking the rules. If you wish to turn this around on me, Atlas, feel free to post in the forums, as you said yourself. You are a human as am I, and I respect your ideal right to be equal to everyone else. I won't complain that you feel that I am a rule breaker, because I will admit this right now, I have. But by doing so, you only further prove your own incompetence as an operator for dealing with me as such. If you feel yes I should be banned over my "ruining of the community", ask yourself, why am I still here? I am still an active part of the community, and if others felt I was just ruining the experience, why would they bother inviting me. Yes, possibly I am just a number to a population cap to you, Atlas, but if that's how others feel I am as well, then I don't see why they cannot voice their own opinion, in their own thread Atlas. You don't need to be the leader here, others are able to say for themselves.

You continue to insult me, Atlas. But it seems to be turning around on you.

Atlas wrote:For the record, I don't treat the user base this way. Only you and to others that deserve it. You don't fear for the user base, just yourself.
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Cinere wrote:It seems Atlas that you enjoy and almost wish to create an atmosphere of threatening and overbearing administration. You seem to forget, Atlas, although yes you are a operator and your decisions are in a way, more meaningful than mine, which you seem to happily portray in the way you address me, the point of this server is to be inviting and enjoyable. You are literally claiming not only how I feel, but directly knowing that your actions are creating such a threatening atmosphere.
But now you understand, if you break the rules, expect consequences. Especially arrogance and..
Atlas wrote:And no other staff member ever warns you to back your arrogance off, and now that a staff member (me) is finally (trying to) taking you under control, you feel threatened.
Are you implying your fellow staff members are incompetent then? It seems you just wish to be superior, yet, that is the problem I have with you. You complain when I point you out on this, "Eliteism" [/quote] feeble attempts at redirecting my statements. My fellow staff members are not incompetent. They are merely trying to not get in trouble by prematurely banning your ass. I, however am willing to take that risk, considering it wouldn't be premature any more. It's people like you, Cinere, that require threats to stay in line.

Don't you dare try and turn this around on me.
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Cinere wrote:You don't need to be the leader here, others are able to say for themselves.

You continue to insult me, Atlas. But it seems to be turning around on you.

Atlas wrote:For the record, I don't treat the user base this way. Only you and to others that deserve it. You don't fear for the user base, just yourself.
I don't lead, simply take action. Against people like you.
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 pm

By saying that they will get in trouble Atlas, you are literally saying you are wrong. If they are doing their duty, they should have nothing to fear. And wow Atlas. Do you just want to be renamed "Unprofessional"

Atlas wrote:They are merely trying to not get in trouble by prematurely banning your ass. I, however am willing to take that risk, considering it wouldn't be premature any more. It's people like you, Cinere, that require threats to stay in line.

Don't you dare try and turn this around on me.
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Cinere on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Am I just an ass to you, Atlas? Is that all I am? Have I devalued myself to the point in which I am just an ass. I guess I am no longer a user then.
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Sometimes you need to step on the edge of the knife to get a job done. I am willing and attempting to do so. Ask any other staff member for their opinion. I am done discussing this any further because I do what it takes to help this community. Break rules=Be punished.


Cinere wrote:Am I just an ass to you, Atlas? Is that all I am? Have I devalued myself to the point in which I am just an ass. I guess I am no longer a user then.
I said "banning your ass"...
avatar
Atlas
Operative Personnel

Posts : 57
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Demotion Request: Atlas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum