Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

New Event!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Event!

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01 pm

This event was inspired by DIABLO's event back in TC that never happened, but it has changed for suit our IC needs. (I give most credit to DIABLO)

May I remind you that this takes place BEFORE Half-Life 2.

Story:

Back before the current inhabitants lived in the industrial part of City 17... There were different rebels, different citizens, different CCA. The rebels were a HUGE part of the city, almost becoming too powerful. They had technology, scientists, and were a major part in the resistance movement. This is until Operation Purge occurred. The skies turned black with Combine ships, OTA filled the streets and killed all life. All citizens, loyalists and rebels. Most of the rebels died while some fled to the outlands, never to be heard from again. Wyoming Churchill, the leader of this resistance went into hiding. He came out of hiding when people started living in the industrial part of City 17.

Here is a visual representation: (WITHOUT THE OOC BS) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-tgbLPxxY

After weeks of doing research, Wyoming has found a scientist... A scientist that can finish a project that Lambda has been working on for a long time.... A portal. Now Wyoming is convinced that this Scientist can finish the portal and Wyoming can finally find the remaining members of his Lambda team. This Scientist is Dr. Kleiner...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this is where the players come in. This event will not be open to all. We will need at least 5 CCA with a High Command leading them. 4-5 Lambda members. And some citizens to fill the plaza, (Most will be NPCs)  and 1 refugee. That's right. Someone is going to play as Dr. Kleiner in this event.

But I want to remind all of you, this is before the events in Half-Life 2. No one knows where Freeman is or if he is alive. No one knows what Black Mesa is or what it had to do with the Combine, and no one knows who Isaac is other than that he is an important asset to the resistance. Now let me get to the Faction Bio's so whom ever gets to be apart of this event knows what to RP like.

Rebels:
You have been asked by your resistance leader to enter City 17 and bring Dr. Kleiner to the Rebel base in I17. If he is captured, all hope is lost and the rebels will not be able to finish the portal technology. It is your job to go in, find him, and get him out safely.

CCA:
This is a normal day in City 17 for you. You do not know about Dr. Kleiner nor do you know Lambda members are entering your city. However, since it is City 17, security will be tight, and you must keep your eyes open.

Kleiner:
You have been in hiding for some time. You HAD communications with the Lambda team in I17 but your radio broke and you had to leave where you told them you would be. You have had no contact with them for over two weeks and you do not even know that they are coming. You try to just survive until help arrives, but time is ticking...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules!
I want to cover a few ground rules first. I will be watching over head the entire event, and seeing as there are less people compared to the last event, I will be watching nearly everything you do. If I see anything considered to be FailRP, I will make you re-do it. If I see S2K, I will make you re-do it. If I see anything going for Meta, you will be banned from the server and disqualified for the next event.

1.) OOC chat, and PM's are not allowed. Anything that can resort to Meta is not allowed. If caught doing this, you will be removed from the Event and disqualified from the next.

2.) You must RP. I do not want to see any traveling like in basket ball. Every few steps I want to see a /me or /it. Both teams on this.

3.) PK's can happen! If killed by another player from the opposite team, your player will be removed from both servers! Death is real here!

4.) All battles will be delt with in RP. I want to see P2L if it involves skill and rolling if it is luck. I will watch and make sure everything goes smoothly.

5.) Looking at 4, S2K is not allowed.

6.) FearRP! Death is real here! You are scared, even the CCA are slightly nervous!

7.) Any kind of cheating will get you banned and disqualified from the next event.

8.) Take your time. This event is in no rush, please RP to your fullest and make it an amazing experience for the others who are able to enjoy it with you.

9.) No observer. ALL staff will be demoted to user for this event so no meta can happen. There will be no reason for staff to watch over players in this event because it will be a private event.

---

I know the PK might raise a few eyebrows, but let me go over this with you. This event is not much of an "event" like I mentioned before. This is no competition, this is a real IC event that does affect the other server. Rebels can be killed off. And seeing as the Rebels are incredibly out numbered, you can see why PK's are on. This is not meant to be action packed. The Rebels are meant to run, hide, and flee from the CCA.

And the main reason I want this event is so we can tie our self's into the story of HL2. The rebels that save Kleiner are the reason HL2 event happened. Now is your chance to take a stand and be a real hero. Remember, what happens here will affect the other server. Kleiner escaping will make the Rebels happy and give them advanced technology.

CCA WILL NOT HAVE PK'S AS THIS IS CITY 17 AND THEY HAVE ICLY THOUSANDS OF UNITS!

If this mission is failed, IE Kleiner dies, the event is over and the all rebels who took part in the event are returned to the original server, including CCA.

If all Rebels die, Kleiner still has a chance to escape to the train station. If he makes it, PK's remain. Gifts for the winning team are distributed by the Faction leaders for a successful mission.

You may think that this is easy because the CCA do not know what is going on, but the CCA knows about the names of the Anti-Citizens and the code names of the Rebels. Everything that the I17 CCA knows about, will be known to City 17. Plus Rebels will have to search for Dr. Kleiner and this could be ANYWHERE. In the slums, plaza, or sewers. Sweeps DO happen.

ANOTHER POINT! All rebels will have nothing on them, the only way into City 17 is through the train-station. So all will have nothing in their inventory. If a staff member spawns something (an item or whatnot) they will be demoted from both servers.

Leave feedback!

Last edited by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Event!

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm

This event has no set date yet, but it should take place during a weekend. These next 2 weekends will be very busy for me so I'm not sure we can do it then, but I will post a date a week before this event.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Again, I cannot stress this enough. No OOC chat or PM's will take place. If you use one of these you will be immediately removed. If you have a problem or question during the event, message me on steam. If you are caught using any other sort of meta (steam chat / skype, etc) you will be banned and not allowed to play in the next event.

Everything will be done IC.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:07 pm

I foresee this event going undone for the same reason it didn't last time, that being people will not willingly put themselves in the way of slightly more certain PKs. Sure, the people with CPs that want to prove themselves will want in, but the rebels probably won't.

I could be wrong, but it's more likely that I'm right.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 pm

They won't need PK's if they just go in all stealth. And I feel the rebels would want to do this (A. For the Glory, B. For portal technology, and C. The leader might force them to do this)

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:21 pm

What I forsee is a lot of bitching if somebody dies in this event. A lot of controversy goes around about PK's and we understand that. But because this is such a private and pinpoint event (one that should require sign up). PK's should be possible on both sides (demotes). If it's only putting one side at risk, nobody from that one side will sign up because most people aren't into losing their lengthy story and depth (or just their super status "badass ranked" character) over some event that was almost forced. I honestly just propose either you remove the PK or allow it on both sides. I say this because then the CCA (players) will just feel invincible, and I get the logic behind expendable numbers of CCA in the city. The point is, this being put on by Wyoming in the first place is sort of annoying. For one, he is an asspulled character essentially one that's soul purpose was originally to show the rebels around and such. Secondly, *see your personal messages slash or pm on steam*. Thirdly this whole situation is sort of flawed in the first place, there is honestly little development of the situation, when Kleiner gets there, then what happens? He would have to be this character who cannot die at all, still played by the one in the event? Would there have to be another of him getting out of the city?

And lets just face it, put these facts into play, There is no way nobody is going to get hurt in this event. Going in with stealth and wit will not help that.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Okay, I agree with Holler, PK's should go on both sides.

We can have it so either if a CCA dies, they get 1 rank demote.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top