Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

Something that has been bothering me.

Go down

Something that has been bothering me.

Post by Oculatus on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:23 pm

Now I'm new to CCA but I have found a couple things that have concerned me. This is the amount of citizens that are in D6. Now I get that people will feel adventurous and go into D6 by mistake, but come on. Not everyone has to be in D6, it should be a scary place that is taboo to even speak of. It shouldn't have a bigger population then the regular plaza.

Another thing that has also concerned and it is the sewer patrols. Now I understand that you have to have permission from a higher ranking CCA but when its a miscount and all the High ranking CCA are offline then it should be up to the discretion of the highest 03+. Plus when the all the high ranking server members flag up on there rebels and the CCA are left to patrol an empty plaza it seems kind of pointless. Also when people complain about lolwebuls this is pretty much why the CCA make so many lowebuls, so they can rp with people... and isn't that the point?

Final note: The CCA should be intimidating. Earth is practically a huge police state and should be treated as such so order can stable.
Oculatus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something that has been bothering me.

Post by General Bravo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 pm

This tends to happen when there are <10 people on anyway. When things get any higher, there's usually someone in the plaza. I don't think it's new people going in so much as people who are there staying there and not RPing on plaza characters.

And we all know the CCA need to be more intimidating, to the citizenry and to each other. I may need to convene an IC meeting of as many units as possible to rectify that.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:36 am

Yeah tonight we had at least 5+ Lambda on... If people just do this we are going to start having to enforce an Anti-Citizen ratio... I do not want to do this, but if people just get on their rebel all at once and the CCA cannot sweep without DvL Perm then it creates player wanting to get rebel characters just so they can RP.

So if there are tons of rebels on, prepare for massive sweeps often. Or a ratio. But the more Anti-Citizens on, the more sweeps that will happen. SO keep that in mind.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:44 am

I agree with Oculatus, though tonight, it was practically a wind down moment at like 11:00 on a school night (At least for me). People need to flag off their Anti-Citizen chars, or if they are on them, they need to stop hanging around at the back of the slums where it's "safe" and start doing rebellious things. Whenever I'm flagged, if it's not late, I'm usually out and about doing things on my character, rather than passiving in the back. Though when things wind down, I do tend to do that, but that would be when it's neccessary. Typically, there is some form of high command or DvL on when you want them to be so, theoretically what is happening isn't exactly fully unfair. Tonight was a bad example of this, seeing as for whatever reason, the whole server was in the slums while 4 CCA patrolled.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:I agree with Oculatus, though tonight, it was practically a wind down moment at like 11:00 on a school night (At least for me). People need to flag off their Anti-Citizen chars, or if they are on them, they need to stop hanging around at the back of the slums where it's "safe" and start doing rebellious things. Whenever I'm flagged, if it's not late, I'm usually out and about doing things on my character, rather than passiving in the back. Though when things wind down, I do tend to do that, but that would be when it's neccessary. Typically, there is some form of high command or DvL on when you want them to be so, theoretically what is happening isn't exactly fully unfair. Tonight was a bad example of this, seeing as for whatever reason, the whole server was in the slums while 4 CCA patrolled.

It wasn't too bad, none of us could get into anything huge done in that time. It felt like a period of time dedicated to character development for everyone and it felt really good. Next time there's a pop spike and that same group of people is on we'll most likely be more organized because passive RP gives us objectives and time to reflect ICly on what we need. There was really only one or two citizens that were on that I'd imagine gained nothing, but again, CCA faction and Lambda gathered a lot from this.

Sure there was some things that needed to be voided but whatever, it happens.
Blukerbeh

View user profile http://tauwowdah.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Totally wasn't anyone /meing drug use last night.

Having some Lambda and *gasp* CCA passive is not a problem as long as we do not leave a bunch of citizens wandering around aimlessly in the plaza with nothing to do.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 pm

General Bravo wrote:Totally wasn't anyone /meing drug use last night.
Having some ... passive is not a problem as long as we do not leave a bunch of citizens wandering around aimlessly in the plaza with nothing to do.
did you mean passive

Stop. You're making RP uncomfortable for me. It's not funny or witty, it's rude and annoying.

Anyway, It truly was the fact that it was 11pm on a Sunday that made this happen. That was all.
As for the sewer patrols, there are armed lambda members, there are OTAs that have been killed and fed to them. 03-01 and up is still a tad bit low to make those executive decisions. There was definitely something happening in slums and that's why all the Lambda characters were on, and all of the players able to make executive decisions about patrols in D6 were on their lambda characters; Not because they wanted to RP with people, but because there was RP to be done. As for the CCA 'making lolwebul chars' it's because these users most of the time have a grip on HL2RP, and can execute their abilities well. They're hardly lol-anything.
Blukerbeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

I feel as if staff members always have higher ranked characters. It's a shame, but it's not like it'll stop anytime soon.
Atlas
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Atlas wrote:I feel as if staff members always have higher ranked characters. It's a shame, but it's not like it'll stop anytime soon.

This is because the older users seem capable, and they are older users because they care about the server, and that's practically staff material. There is no real way to fix this problem that I can see, we can't make newer users that we have no clue about staff and expect it to work.
Blukerbeh

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:52 pm

There tends to be a natural progression with that. People who have been in longer develop their characters for longer and overall get more experience, and it just so happens that people like that tend to get picked for staff positions. Most of the time we don't see new people and just go "k new person with 20 minutes of playtime, you're SeC now." That wouldn't be smart anyway.

Civil Protection:
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cergis on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Bravo is very right.
General Cergis
Honored Individual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Of course it's not smart, but it's more fun to deal with less predictability. We all know eachother and the way we RP relatively well. 20 minutes of playtime is very exaggerated. It allows for a wider range of personality within different ranks allowing for more interesting RP.
Atlas
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Yeah I understand that too, Atlas. But here is the thing, just picture it like this.

I was just a user, I started out with Core-06 like everyone else. Over time I developed my character and now I am Ghost-DvL. I didn't get Ghost-DvL just because I was staff, I got staff because I played for a long time.

I have Dr. Saga because they wanted a player that wasn't staff to play him. So I was voted in but became staff a few months after that.

Lucy started off as a normal character and eventually became part of Lambda.

OTA because I reached EpU.

The only "high ranking character" I have just because I am staff is G-Man, which makes since because I know how to control him, but a normal character wouldn't be.

We do NOT give out random characters just because they are staff. They do not get any special IC treatment because they are staff. Even staff has to write character applications.

TL;DR. Staff only have high ranking characters because they have been around for a long time and developed their chars to that point.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Oh yeah I understand that, it's just right now all the high ranking people are staff because of the work they've put in. Now that they are at that high rank, I'm not sure if it'll ever change.
Atlas
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:11 pm

Atlas wrote:Oh yeah I understand that, it's just right now all the high ranking people are staff because of the work they've put in. Now that they are at that high rank, I'm not sure if it'll ever change.

All high ranked people are staff, not because they are staff, but because they have put forth the effort over time to develop these characters to become what they were. Believe me, any regular could become a high ranked unit/resistance member. I don't plan on holding those titles forever and ever because it just isn't fair. Elitism is not what people always seem to stereo-type it as. Anybody could become as high ranked as any staff member is by doing the exact thing those staff members did, it has nothing to do with if you are staff or not. Honestly, I still don't believe my characters are predictable, especially because I don't go spitting off their stories to everybody ever 5 seconds. Sure there are these false bureaucratic rumours spreading around about them. If you want less predictability, don't tell people things OOC that they otherwise shouldn't know. People meta no matter what they say. You cannot erase thoughts put into your head via nothing. Keep your RP to yourself and your characters mysterious, don't start resorting to the game of elitism. Teachers in schools are staff with a lot of experience and ability to teach, there are people out there who have that same ability but didn't go through university or schooling to achieve it or did and just don't have a job. They are not respectable and knowledgeable people because they are staff, it's because they have worked for it over time and happened to take a liking to that career strand and get accepted into a job. It's not about the rank or status, it's about the depth, creativity, fun, and story creation and most importantly the complexity of your character. The only politically correct elitist "high ranking" characters are the ones with no depth, the ones staff asspulled.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Well said Havoc
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum