Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

The Cremator (New Faction Type)

Go down

The Cremator (New Faction Type)

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 pm

I'd first like to say sorry that not too many specifics are given, as the sources that are being used aren't the greatest. Not to mention, cut content isn't the best for specifics, but I assume we could make up some things when needed.

Please notify me of anything that should be added or expanded on, I'm not the best at making these.

Since I have to wait 7 days, there are no links to addons, so you'll have to manually search for them. In 7 days I will update with links as needed.

The Cremator
Keep it clean...or he will.

The Cremator is a Combine drone that was cut from Half Life 2, that would've served as a combine cleanup drone. Not be confused with the Loyalist Janitor job, The Cremator would be deployed in an area to clean up objects that citizens or low ranking loyalists wouldn't be trusted with, mostly organic matter. The Cremator is usually used to clean up after a skirmish, removing corpses, weapons, (Since the Immolator is used for organic matter, weapons being removed has to be negotiated) and blood with their primary weapon, the Immolator. The Immolator is a very large cannon that sprays out a close-range beam of some kind of plasma or acid (Wiki sources weren't sure) that would disintegrate the target on contact.

Since the Cremator's Immolator is so effective against organic matter, they can also be partially used in combat, but not commonly. (Probably most effective during an Exogen Raid) Cremators also patrol some parts of the wasteland, such as train stations, meaning they could follow in on D6 inspections/raids.

Cremators are classified as robots, as some of their body parts are built by citizens, such as the heads are built by children in the beta, but children really shouldn't be added. (Cremator production line?) It is unknown what the building process is or what the Cremator is actually made of, but what is notable and could give us a small hint are some of the strange features on the Cremator, such as the ball halfway bulging out of the stomach, with a buckle and some sort of chain going to the bottom. The back of the hand also has an orange round symbol, looking almost like a lid. This object is also shown on the back hand of another cut NPC, the Alien Assassin. This could mean that the orange ball could have been used as a sort of armband or rank badge, however the meaning is unknown. Picture below. (Note that the hand is the Alien Assassin's, but the Cremator's hand has the same symbol)

Overall, the Cremator sounds like it could be a very good and an almost over powered unit in combat. However, all good things come at a cost. The Cremator is a very slow moving and rather loud, as it makes heavy breathing sounds and loud footsteps. Once the Cremator gets into contact with their target, it has to ready it's Immolator, which can give the enemy roughly 1/2 seconds to respond. If the Cremator takes enough damage, it will go into a flinch state, which lasts roughly 5 seconds.

Important Notes

• The Immolator can only picked up by OTA, CCA with augmentations, or rebels with augmentations, but can't be used by anyone else but the Cremator it belongs to.
  • Cremators would probably be put in their own category, seeing as they're not transhuman or brainwashed, but instead a sort of drone. (Might want to surf the beta textures/files for a suitable name or acronym instead of something generic)
  • Cremators should only be deployed after an attack, or during an Exogen Breach by order of High Command. (Exceptions can be made if there is a high priority of attack, or the Cremator was already patrolling when a death sentence was issued, such as Autonomous Waiver)
  • S2M shouldn't apply in the Cremator's case, as it has to get close enough to the S2K distance, and the Immolator's beam is an area of effect. (Might be wrong on the area of effect)

Addons/Misc. Ideas

• Cremator Model: Includes a Cremator model. According to the features list, it includes animations, meaning we could possibly code it into a playermodel. (I'm pretty sure Clockwork uses different animations than standard playermodels, so this hopefully isn't too far fetched.
  • Cremator + Combine Assassin SNPCs: A second option in case the above doesn't work. This pack also includes SNPCs and the Combine Assassin, not to be fooled with the Alien Assassin. This pack also includes a tool called the Posessor, which allows you to control one of the SNPCs. (Could be glitchy in practice, also I don't think the Immolator the SNPC uses actually removes corpses)
  • PAC3: A tool used to edit your player in a large variety of ways, such as replacing your playermodel with something else and having certain animations play. (Yes, there is a whitelist where you can add/remove players able to use this) This addon should be used if we can't get a working playermodel w/ animations in. (This could also be used for more than just the Cremator model, however PAC isn't the main suggestion) A PAC outfit download might need to be a requirement.
  • Propaganda Posters: I'm not sure if you guys can actually make custom posters on the map. If you can, please add the one below wherever necessary.

More ideas will be added later.

Thoughts/Concerns? Please tell me!

Last edited by Profit (tha_man234) on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated/Fixed suggestion)
Profit (tha_man234)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cremator (New Faction Type)

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm not sure if these things even exist in the post-beta HL2 canon. I mean, I know Eli has its head in a jar, but then his leg is a piece of a Combine Assassin's boot, and that also never shows up.

I also can't really think of a point for having them around besides just window dressing.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:10 pm

General Bravo wrote:I'm not sure if these things even exist in the post-beta HL2 canon. I mean, I know Eli has its head in a jar, but then his leg is a piece of a Combine Assassin's boot, and that also never shows up.

I also can't really think of a point for having them around besides just window dressing.

Well if you think about it They both might be Combine based thigns while for the most part we have been fighting Earth made Combine units. (The Union's Mertopolice as most are humans? I think) And there are many many burned bodys in Half life 2. As for the assassin boot uh. Half life 3 might show them :3?
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:14 pm

Even so, I still don't see what all having this big thing clanking around aimlessly with a flamethrower is going to do besides the aesthetic aspect.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:20 pm

General Bravo wrote:Even so, I still don't see what all having this big thing clanking around aimlessly with a flamethrower is going to do besides the aesthetic aspect.

EH The Roleplay might be nice to try buuut. I dunno I kinda like the idea of having an alien assassin faction or anything else Combine ish then just OTA and CCA.
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker wrote:
General Bravo wrote:Even so, I still don't see what all having this big thing clanking around aimlessly with a flamethrower is going to do besides the aesthetic aspect.

EH The Roleplay might be nice to try buuut. I dunno I kinda like the idea of having an alien assassin faction or anything else Combine ish then just OTA and CCA.

it's literally just a dead body cleaner
we just had civil service clean dead bodies using the closest incinerator today and it was completely fine
it's basically vort
the unit itself seems way too strange, OTA are already incredibly brainwashed to point where if you ask one "stay ota or go immolator" they'd probably respond "CCA"

as for the weapon
not necessary
at all

Last edited by Blukerbeh on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blukerbeh

View user profile http://tauwowdah.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:26 pm

You're right how this is pretty much for the aesthetic, but I think it's only for the aesthetic as of now. The problem here is we need to think up some better uses and how the Cremator comes into play for some other events, because as of now it's cleanup and part attack. I was thinking the propaganda poster could make the Cremator a good scare factor of some sort. Another idea is to allow the Cremator to roam D6 by itself, as seen in the Beta, where Cremators would roam the wastelands alone.

Not to mention, isn't the City Scanner pretty much for the aesthetic aspect? Sure, it can fly and take pictures, but that's the limit.
Profit (tha_man234)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:34 pm

The difference being every Civil Protection and Overwatch unit can see whatever picture a scanner might take, whereas a cremator just goes around imitating the Pyro from TF2.

Civil Protection:
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:20 pm

General Bravo wrote:The difference being every Civil Protection and Overwatch unit can see whatever picture a scanner might take, whereas a cremator just goes around imitating the Pyro from TF2.
Although I still feel like we could make up procedures to create a better use for them, I'm starting to notice how it's just going to turn into the point where we make things up that may/may not be very cannon accurate. That being said, I'm gonna just say this was a mistake, especially that I should've probably written more procedures to make the Cremator look more useful.

Unless someone else wants to add a point, go ahead and close.
Profit (tha_man234)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:23 pm

I get what you're going for, but, yeah, there really isn't enough canon(and just a small amount of Beta)to go off of to implement these. Oh, and did I mention the Nexus in i17 has an incinerator?

I'll leave this open in case anyone else has anything to add.

Civil Protection:
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 pm

General Bravo wrote:I get what you're going for, but, yeah, there really isn't enough canon(and just a small amount of Beta)to go off of to implement these. Oh, and did I mention the Nexus in i17 has an incinerator?

I'll leave this open in case anyone else has anything to add.
Actually, an idea that I did have was outfitting an empty warehouse as a Cremator head factory. We could take some props, add a material and color, and call it Cremator head components.
Profit (tha_man234)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:49 am

Just a heads up there is a plugin that I have that makes being this possible.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:56 am

It isn't pills, is it?

Civil Protection:
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:09 am

No it's an actual plugin just for the creamator

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:44 pm

I doubt cremators exist in the actual half-life 2 cannon, it mentions that they are cut content. Their heads are honestly universally designed, so I mean that head could have been anything in Eli's lab. Possibly strange science experiment as that place was sort of a baby blackmesa. The Cremator's purpose, I agree is very redundant as the CCA or civil service could be tasked to cleanup and extract fallen bodies and such. Though here is some evidence of the final cut that is worth taking a look at 

The Cremator partially made the final cut of the game as an Easter egg left in Eli Vance's lab at Black Mesa East. There can be found a Cremator's head apparently preserved in formaldehyde (methanal) on the table located to the right of the teleport. Eli mentions that Alyx brought it in, stating "We're still not sure what that does. Alyx brings in the strangest things". A nearby computer screen with some sort of scan of the Cremator head on it also suggests it is studied by Eli or someone else (it is also featured in the Half-Life 2: Deathmatch map "
Code:
dm_steamlab
"). Early Half-Life 2 footage also shows that the Cremator's head originally was not contained in a jar. There is also more evidence of the Cremator, there are lots of burnt corpses found in the "Route Canal" which could mean the Cremator was in the Sewers before the player arrived.

For now, since the Cremators are rather useless, I would shift my verdict to a -Support for adding them in for now.

As for the posters and propaganda, we've actually replaced all the beta posters with our own using adverts. 

Pac3 is a great addon though it is known to cause lag or something along those lines, and with this map, I'd say we don't use it for now (Though we could try it)

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Eh what about something like I said maybe using more of the Combine's more alienish things they have at hand. (No not talking about the female combine assassin I would only see that being used on someone who has casued so much damage they need them killed quickly.) But I mean more onto the fact there are other Xen monsters maybe they also enslaved them? Or even some of the more alien things the Combine could use
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volatile_tnt on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm going to -support this mostly because of with the recent development of Civil Service we have cleaners, and also because if there's a Cremator on a patrol (which I can see as the only other use) a flamethrower that vaporizes anything it touches is extremely overpowered.
volatile_tnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum