Cinere (60)

Atlas (57)

Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

Character Applcation: Sophia Orr

Go down

Do you support the adding of this character?

100% 100% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Character Applcation: Sophia Orr

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Well this took a bit to write down and think I hope you enjoy it also please read the end notes at the end of the Backstory Thank you and I hope you enjoy reading it

Sophia Orr.
The day I was born, eh? That's a long time ago. I'm not sure I would remember it, but it was a hard day on everyone, including myself I guess. My mother said I was a handful, scared the Doctors half to death when they thought I was dead. Though, I came out fine aside for not having vocal cords. I never really found out why. I guess my birth was alright for the most part. Neither too bad nor too good but it definitely was one hell of a start to my life.
Of course, trying to even stay alive these days is the hardest thing I can do, now being unbranded by the UU. So, what to talk about next? I have a good enough childhood for the majority of it. The kids at school called me White Head or Oldie due to the Albinism I was born with. But, I made a good friend there, or so I thought. I was foolish to think of him as a good friend as he stabbed me in the back later but I won't get into the details of what happened.
And about my mother and father? What about them... oh, how were they? They were nice people I guess. They took good care of me and they were incredibly loving, compassionate, and kind. Yet, my father had his moments at times when he got mad at me for doing the wrong thing. That still didn't change my overall opinion on him.
So, what other my family members? There is my brother but I don't like to talk about him. He and I never got along that well and we always had something to fight about.  I sometimes wish I could yell at his face. I doubt he would like to see me how I am now . Still, I think we both knew deep down that we cared for each other.
Um... I also have a sister. She has white hair like me but I don't know what happened to her. She was sort of nice at time, yet she always picked on me for being so short and stuff. I kind of wish I wasn't this short but it has its ups and downs, I guess.
Canada? It's was a great place let me tell you. The free health care there saved my family numerous times. But it didn't always save it in like I wanted it to do. Either way, Canada was an enjoyable, beautiful place. I loved living there for the time. It was still Canada and not City... what? 423? Eh. I don't give a crap about the number honestly. I wish the Union was the same. Fucking ass-holes.
Anyway my school life was a drag. I eventually turned to home-schooling after something tragic happened to me. I would prefer not to go into it right now, if you don't mind. So, I guess school life was fine at times. I learned quite a bit about the world and other subjects. I was hoping to major into computers or social skill. I was very good at calming people down or talking to them. Err, well, talking is a blunt term, but you get what I mean.

You want to know how I survived? I warn you, it's going to be a long story. So, let us start at the peak of the Seven Hour War. I was in the house, the one I'm always in, just spending time with my parents. My sister was away at the time, so I don't know what happened to her. We later saw these massive portals open up. I only managed to see one of them, but what came out terrified me.
Ships made of flesh and parts came out firing down on everything that was destroy-able. There were also other flesh-like ships, but I didn't stay long to see what they do. My mother worrying about me quickly told me to hide somewhere, it didn't matter where. I ran as fast as I could from the house to go to where my mother sent me to hide before.
It was a small bunker that was hidden under grass and leaves. I heard some odd robotic voices from above as I stayed hidden in the bunker. I slowed my breathing down, so I wouldn't make much movement and draw attention. I stayed as still as a rock for as long as I could. My heart was racing as I heard the robotic voices or whatever the hell it was out there. Of course, I could guess what they are now, but I was so confused back then. I had no idea what was truly happening.
Anyway, I was scared and worried for everyone. I knew before long, as I heard the footsteps get quieter, that the robotic voices died down. They had finally left the bunker. I stayed around fifty minutes longer before I got out and looked around the scene. Still, I was scared about what was going on. So I stayed in the bunker for a good while longer. Thankfully, there was food there. However, it was scarce and it wouldn't last longer than a day or two. Besides, I couldn't stay in that bunker for much longer as I heard more robotic like voices.  
I was scared beyond death. So, I hid there for few more hours still trying to stay quiet. Of course, that wasn't too much of a big problem with my lack of voice. Yet, I had to move as slowly as I could around the bunker to avoid making too much noise. After those few hours were up, I didn't hear anything for awhile and peeked out. What I saw was tons of flames and dead soldiers, civilians, animals, and many other various debris.
I was scared, really scared for the first time in years. I didn't know what to do or where to go. Before long, I saw a body. Who it was made me freeze in my tracks. It was my brother. Dead. Holding a picture of me. He also had a gun in his hand. Before long, I just stood there. Not crying or doing anything for only a couple of minutes. He... he really tried to find and save me. I didn't have time to give him a proper burial. So, I just walked away grabbing the photo and hiding it safely away in my pocket. I was still seven years old at the time. Unbelievable, huh?
Anyway, I had to hide for a long time. Moving from bunker to bunker, carrying very little supplies, and trying to avoid anywhere the Union might have been. There were hardly people I met on this long journey. I always had to move to a new bunker due to food loss. I was able to stay in one for roughly 3 years. Most of the time was spent quickly hiding in a bunker, well, only if I heard the Robotic Vo-coders of the Overwatch Transhuman. The arms those people... became what they are now.
In the long run, I had to scamper and hide the entire time. I met hardly anyone in the first few years as I stated before, but I did meet a few people. Some military, some not. I never got to talk to them per say.  Just a few words on paper, with what little pieces I had. I swore at points I would die from just fear alone. Yet, I never gave up.
I always kept moving from bunker to bunker. I manage to find taking whatever food I could. Being short and all really helped in hiding the OTA, that always looked around for people. What did you call it? Out lands? Yeah, that place. I was there a few times, of course. I guess the Outlands is anywhere outside of the city.
I managed to hide for good few years away from the Union until 2013. I started to get more scared while hiding due to the union actively looking for anyone to be put into their cities. I was alone. So, very alone for countless years while outrunning the Union. I nearly lost hope numerous times.  And I'm still scared of the Union since I saw what they did and the things they had in their evil possession.  I had no hope in thinking I could live long this long. Well, now I'm glad I have done so.
I managed to get this far into the world now. I will be dammed to hell if I died any time soon. Then again, I'm still scared. I can't fight the union I just can't. What did anyone do to take care of me? Yes, there was one person who took care of me for a time. I don't remember him well, but he took care of me for awhile, teaching me a few, useful things. One such thing was how to handle a small firearm, but I doubt I will use the skills I learned any time soon
Anyway, soon I will be going to City I17.  I will stay a bit longer to tell you more of what happened during 2014 when you were all forced into cities. I heard screams and people yelling along with the Robotic vo-coders overhead as I was on my way to a new bunker. I froze, fearing if they would hear or see me. By a stroke of luck, someone found me and took me into a small hideaway, leaving a note telling me not to move until four hours passed.
Whoever it was, he left me a watch with how many hours passed while I was out of sight. Four hours quickly passed and I left seeing no one around. I dashed off to the bunker to hide once more. But there waiting, was a man. He quickly ran up to me putting a finger to my lips. Of course, he didn't know I couldn't speak, so it didn't matter anyway.
He started to talk to me about the Union and how they kill children. He told me that once you're eighteen, you're safe. That means I would have to wait until 2015 until I became the safe age. I had to hide and run for what felt like 2 arduous and very painful years. I had to stop using bunkers for a time and just hide in other places like basements, old schools, and anywhere else that was large in size. I needed to move from room to room while avoiding any contact with anyone. One thing I do know is this. I nearly died a few times out there to the Union.
Quite a few times I was spotted. I had to run as fast as my legs could carry me to get away. One time, I nearly thought I was done for. But, a group of people came in time to kill the OTA chasing me. I was already wounded, though. They patched me up and taught me a few things to live longer out here. But after that I was on my own for the rest of those years until now, the year 2016. I will finally go into a city for the first time.
Whatever happens there will Happen I managed to find a way to get in without having to be spotted. When I get there, I will hide for a time until I feel safe to come out and attempt to help out.
And...that's it. That's all there is to tell you of my life of the Seven Hour War. If it wasn't clear enough, It was completely terrifying.  I will tell you that I see no point in fighting the union alone. Not one single point. That is asking for myself to be killed.
Now I hope you understand, whoever you are. You wanted this info. Do know I can't join this little group you have going on that wants to take down the Union. I'm traumatized from my past and I just can't trust you. I can't trust anyone until I get to know them for a long time. My trust is not going to be easy to earn, alright? Because right now, I'm terrified. Yet, I want to go to one of the cities, City I17. I heard you are making a stop there, so I will give you all the food I still have left and anything else I can manage to give you. I'm going to go in there slightly clean. When I do, I will hide there until it's time to come out and talk to everyone there. Sophia, over and out.

End notes: Now I would like to quickly say a few things. One: Please give me input on anything that should be changed I'm not trying to make it seem like I was hand picked by god but someone who used smarts instead of fighting she hid ect. Second: I want to make this very clearly I thought this through careful as possible. Any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes I found, I fixed but there are going to be some mistakes still I'm not perfect at that. Third: I will not. And would not fight the union alone with this person she is scared she is afraid of the Union more then the normal Citizen would be because she would be dead the the second the Union finds out about her. That is about it I hope you find the back story nice to read. Oh and Bravo Sorry if you don't like the way I survived I wanted to use a way that didn't use the Military helping me a fuck ton and this was the best I could come up with was Hiding in Bunkers

Thanks to my 2 Friends Zeusassasin and Gravewalker for helping with Grammar mistakes.

Last edited by Colonel HollerHavoc on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:12 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Mistakes. Changing 2nd Part of Story)
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Applcation: Sophia Orr

Post by Chris10023 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:19 pm

I'm going to remain Neutral for the time being.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:47 pm

-support

Too many grammatical and spelling errors. I see tons of places where commas should be added, run on sentences, and spelling mistakes.

Fix these and I will vote based on the character.

Last edited by Slashraider on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Cergis on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:17 am

I will give my Neutral on this.
General Cergis
Honored Individual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volatile_tnt on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:01 am

+support
In my opinion, it would be interesting RP to have a mute character. It would be hard to avoid having to apply but if you can pull it off that'd be great. I don't think they'd kill someone for being albino as it doesn't make a person physically weaker, but it'd definitely be more difficult to survive if you stood out that much.
volatile_tnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Neutral, leaning towards -support.
Being albino is not a factor for me. I still think that the odds of her living in the Outlands that long are slim at best. Like I said, there isn't just Combine soldiers running around. You've got headcrabs, zombie, antlions, various other Xen monsters, and possibly even a few remnants of the Nihilanth's army(if you go by some stuff on the HL wiki), all of which trying to kill everything that moves. And based on your story, you're a small child. It's not so implausible for me to be 100% against the idea, but I still have serious reservations.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:03 pm

General Bravo wrote:Neutral, leaning towards -support.
Being albino is not a factor for me. I still think that the odds of her living in the Outlands that long are slim at best. Like I said, there isn't just Combine soldiers running around. You've got headcrabs, zombie, antlions, various other Xen monsters, and possibly even a few remnants of the Nihilanth's army(if you go by some stuff on the HL wiki), all of which trying to kill everything that moves. And based on your story, you're a small child. It's not so implausible for me to be 100% against the idea, but I still have serious reservations.

Ya when I woke up I was thinking about how I should have added some things about the Xen monsters.

Also she always hid She barely ever fought because of that.

Last edited by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding stuff)
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Bubbles on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:16 pm

+support Because I can see you put a lot of work and thought into this. However, there are a few comments I would like to make. Proofreeding is your best friend. Spellcheck doesn't count. Always go back and re-read your own work. You'd be surprised at the mistakes you may find. Secondly, always outline a story before you try to write it. Just write a sentence for every plot point, so that you have your storyline neat and organized, and can easily decide what needs to be said, and what doesn't.
Mr. Bubbles

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/mrbubblesthedebonaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:22 pm

+Support, because while your grammar is a bit off you are certainly good at character development and I think that this character could canonically make decent sense according to the timeline that Slashraider has set in place, however, there is the matter of paradoxes getting in the way. Razz
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinere on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:39 pm

+Support
Grammar isn't the most important part. It looks nice, but looks aren't everything.
The core idea is fine.
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Neutral but leaning on +support

I want to see more about your character's life surviving during the war and aftermath. I want so see locations, how she got food, Xen, necrotics, etc.

I want to see how she got into the city (with more detail)

And finally I want to see other people's votes on this before I change mine.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 pm

+Support It's very good possibility for a character, nothing is OP, and nothing about it is asspulled.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darion on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 pm

+Support

Darion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lieutenant Corestealer on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:11 am

Neutral (becuase iw as told to do dis like some slave)

Lieutenant Corestealer
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:16 am

Lieutenant Corestealer wrote:Neutral (becuase iw as told to do dis like some slave)

Pffft I didn't force you to do it if I did you would have lost a limb or two lol! 
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:26 am

I am pending approval, I would like to talk to you about somethings regarding this application. Message me when possible.

- It is a very well written journal style application that really speaks as the character would which is a + for development

- I love the tone of voice, all the speech terminologies are realistic in the mind of Sophia, you sort of get the sense that it is Sophia Orr and not Sophia_Voidwalker (Username) Actually talking and recording this or writing it.

- Nothing is overpowered entirely or stands out about her other than her disability and age, how she survives is pretty adequate and believable.

** What I want you to do before I can approve **: I need you to include more about the xen monster encounters which are non existant, it seems to lack a number of needed variables and an explanation as to how she avoided them. Zombies, Scanners, Antlion swarms, Mercenaries, Cannibals, etc anything.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Sophia Orr.
1997 My Birth and Childhood.
The day I was born, eh? That's a long time ago. I'm not sure I would remember it, but it was a hard day on everyone, including myself I guess. My mother said I was a handful, scared the Doctors half to death when they thought I was dead. Though, I came out fine aside for not having vocal cords. I never really found out why. I guess my birth was alright for the most part. Neither too bad nor too good but it definitely was one hell of a start to my life.
Of course, trying to even stay alive these days is the hardest thing I can do, now being unbranded by the UU. So, what to talk about next? I have a good enough childhood for the majority of it. The kids at school called me “White Head” or “Oldie”due to the Albinism I was born with. But, I made a good friend there, or so I thought. I was foolish to think of him as a good friend as he stabbed me in the back later but I won't get into the details of what happened.
And about my mother and father? What about them... oh, how were they? They were nice people I guess. They took good care of me and they were incredibly loving, compassionate, and kind. Yet, my father had his moments at times when he got mad at me for doing the wrong thing. That still didn't change my overall opinion on him.
So, what other my family members? There is my brother but I don't like to talk about him. He and I never got along that well and we always had something to fight about.  I sometimes wish I could yell at his face. I doubt he would like to see me how I am now . Still, I think we both knew deep down that we cared for each other.
Um... I also have a sister. She has white hair like me but I don't know what happened to her. She was sort of nice at time, yet she always picked on me for being so short and stuff. I kind of wish I wasn't this short but it has its ups and downs, I guess.
Canada? It's was a great place let me tell you. The free health care there saved my family numerous times. But it didn't always save it in like I wanted it to do. Either way, Canada was an enjoyable, beautiful place. I loved living there for the time. It was still Canada and not City... what? 423? Eh. I don't give a crap about the number honestly. I wish the Union was the same. Fucking ass-holes.
Anyway my school life was a drag. I eventually turned to home-schooling after something tragic happened to me. I would prefer not to go into it right now, if you don't mind. So, I guess school life was fine at times. I learned quite a bit about the world and other subjects. I was hoping to major into computers or social skill. I was very good at calming people down or talking to them. Err, well, talking is a blunt term, but you get what I mean.

20XX The Seven Hour War.
You want to know how I survived? I warn you, it's going to be a long story. So, let us start at the peak of the Seven Hour War. I was in the house, the one I'm always in, just spending time with my parents. My sister was away at the time, so I don't know what happened to her. We later saw these massive portals open up. I only managed to see one of them, but what came out terrified me.
Ships made of flesh and parts came out firing down on everything that was destroyable. There were also other flesh-like ships, but I didn't stay long to see what they do. My mother worrying about me quickly told me to hide somewhere, it didn't matter where. I ran as fast as I could from the house to go to where my mother sent me to hide before.
It was a small bunker that was hidden under grass and leaves. I heard some odd robotic voices from above as I stayed hidden in the bunker. I slowed my breathing down, so I wouldn't make much movement and draw attention. I stayed as still as a rock for as long as I could. My heart was racing as I heard the robotic voices or whatever the hell it was out there. Of course, I could guess what they are now, but I was so confused back then. I had no idea what was truly happening.
Anyway, I was scared and worried for everyone. I knew before long, as I heard the footsteps get quieter, that the robotic voices died down. They had finally left the bunker. I stayed around fifty minutes longer before I got out and looked around the scene. Still, I was scared about what was going on. So I stayed in the bunker for a good while longer. Thankfully, there was food there. However, it was scarce and it wouldn't last longer than a day or two. Besides, I couldn't stay in that bunker for much longer as I heard more robotic like voices.
I was scared beyond death. So, I hid there for few more hours still trying to stay quiet. Of course, that wasn't too much of a big problem with my lack of voice. Yet, I had to move as slowly as I could around the bunker to avoid making too much noise. After those few hours were up, I didn't hear anything for awhile and peeked out. What I saw was tons of flames and dead soldiers, civilians, animals, and many other various debris.
I was scared, really scared for the first time in years. I didn't know what to do or where to go. Before long, I saw a body. Who it was made me freeze in my tracks. It was my brother. Dead. Holding a picture of me. He also had a gun in his hand. Before long, I just stood there. Not crying or doing anything for only a couple of minutes. He... he really tried to find and save me. I didn't have time to give him a proper burial. So, I just walked away grabbing the photo and hiding it safely away in my pocket. I was still seven years old at the time. Unbelievable, huh?
Anyway, I had to hide for a long time. Moving from bunker to bunker, carrying very little supplies, and trying to avoid anywhere the Union might have been. There were hardly people I met on this long journey. I always had to move to a new bunker due to food loss. I was able to stay in one for roughly 3 years. Most of the time was spent quickly hiding in a bunker, well, only if I heard the Robotic vo-coders of the Combine Overwatch Transhuman Arm. The arms those people... became what they are now.

I travelled across sprawling urban centers and open farmland, making my way down south to the United States, hoping to find refuge there. I encountered many dangers on the path, but soon I found myself over the border. Naturally, there wasn’t anybody defending them… everyone had gone off to fight the encroaching Combine threat that was so quickly overwhelming Earth’s governments.

There were so many… strange beings that seemingly came from those very weird teleportation type storms I believe, that was what one man told me… Just a commoner, told me his name was… Herman Wagnleitner I had to stay with him in this very stinky cabin in the woods. He was just waiting in there… strange howls in the distance, I thought they were coyote’s or something, we used to get a lot of those in Canada. The reason I was in this forest in the first place was because of the… what are they called, OTA soldiers, that’s right, them, they searched the school I was in a few kilometers or something away from where I was hiding, hungry and lost… Second I heard them breaking in, my heart was almost evaporated into thin air, I jumped up from where I was sitting, and rushed to the nearby window, they had spotted me at that point. I will never forget those 2 cyan glowing eyes, staring in the darkness, strange weapon pointed at me. If I could scream, I would… probably have screamed as loud as those howls I heard in the woods at that moment right there… I jumped out the window, and I thought I was shot, no, I landed on my foot, and face planted slamming my jaw off the tarmac, I thought I was shot, they told me it burned back at the last bunker, if you get shot by them, it felt cold… No, it was the snow… the chills from the snow had coated my whole arm. So I crawl, I crawl and crawl until I reach the fence of the playground yard. Jumping over it as I scrambled to my feet, I ran and ran and ran deep into the woods nearby, I didn’t stop running. When I stopped, I felt as though I was going to pass out, my heart and lungs depleted. Those echos could still be heard even from however deep I am in the woods now. Anyway… I was in the cabin with Herman. He tells me of mass-murders of These Odd alien type...Things They looked like those face huggers from that one movie What was it called. Oh Alien! Ya those guys aside I don’t think they lay eggs from what I seen of this...More or less Zombies I guess you could call them. But I don’t really like calling them Zombies heard too many of those things before hand from Movies. So I just called them Cannibals. Don’t get me wrong, there were cannibals here too. Real cannibals, non face hugged by whatever the hell those chicken shaped things were. I had a run in with a few of them before they eyed me with those humanity lost eyes as they had to flee to eating there own kind just to live I nearly once died to them I still have the bite marks where they bite some of my flesh out. It was terrible
But I had worse much worse.

In the long run, I had to scamper and hide the entire time. I met hardly anyone in the first few years as I stated before, but I did meet a few people. Some military, some not. I never got to talk to them per say. As far as I knew from most of the little conversation going around was that the military was mostly eliminated.  Just a few words on paper, with what little pieces I had. I swore at points I would die from just fear alone. Yet, I never gave up.
I always kept moving from bunker to bunker. I manage to find taking whatever food I could. Being short and all really helped in hiding From the OTA, But it didn’t always work. Sometimes it failed and at those times was when I thought I was doomed that always looked around for people. What did you call it? Outlands? Yeah, that place. I was there a few times, of course. I guess the Outlands is anywhere outside of the city.

I managed to hide for good few years away from the Union until 2013. I started to get more scared while hiding due to the union actively looking for anyone to be put into their cities. I was alone. So, very alone for countless years while outrunning the Union. I nearly lost hope numerous times.  And I'm still scared of the Union since I saw what they did and the things they had in their evil possession.  I had no hope in thinking I could live long this long. Well, now I'm glad I have done so. I’ve been scavenging food and water bottles from abandoned Wal-Mart stores and from the corpses of survivors…. it’s terrible having to take things from the dead, but it’s the only way
You want to know how people react to me? That’s an odd request to say the least but alright it was weird for the most part to see a white haired mute still alive a child no less. They had many questions some even offered to kill me or even kill me just because of this to “End my suffering” I either had to run or explain to them that I can’t give up. Ever To give up is to waste what my mother, Father, And Brother did to save me They died to save me And with that I will never give in. A lot of people Find me weird and alienish A mute albino still alive hard to believe I can’t yell for the help you can No. I mainly survived because I used my wits and my will and everything I had to get this far! I refused death at every turn! Even when I nearly died that one time to those...Things those winged beasts. You call them Antlions? Whatever I don’t care for the name all I know is that whatever that Guy tossed it saved my life they flew towards me one rammed into my breaking one or two of my ribs I couldn’t move for hours the guy carried me away to where he was hiding and just talked to me. I still couldn’t move for a few days he kept a watch over me for my times healing I still have that slight damage from those antlions ramming me thankfully I’m still alive I still have a few scars from this but I manage.  I was glad he he was there when he was because those antlions as you call them were nearly the end of me. Anyway I left the man said his name Was Shark Fang I was confused by the name I guess it was just a nickname anyway I gave him some food and supplies i had. It was the last of what I had so I had to loot more then. So I headed out to find unpicked places for food and gear. I didn’t find much left aside for few canned foods in some Raided and attacked Bunkers so I ate those for awhile. But for the most part I had to loot the dead bodies of those who couldn’t go on anymore. I hated to do it but I had to do it it even live any longer I just hope that when I get into this city it will be a bit more simple but I doubt it

I’ve survived thus far. I hold some significant ground in evading the Union forces with my adeptness in agility, however it can only get me so far.
I managed to get this far into the world now. I will be damned to hell if I died any time soon. Then again, I'm still scared. I can't fight the Union I just can't. What did anyone do to take care of me? Yes, there was one person who took care of me for a time. I don't remember him well, but he took care of me for awhile, teaching me a few, useful things. One such thing was how to handle a small firearm, but I doubt I will use the skills I learned any time soon. I’ve been coming across a lot more of those… things. The mutated ones with the aliens on their heads. I can’t help but discern that these are still humans, trapped under the influence of these vile monsters. If only there were something I could do for them besides running away like the coward I am.
Anyway, soon I will be going to City 17I.  I will stay a bit longer to tell you more of what happened during 2014 when you were all forced into cities. I heard screams and people yelling along with the Robotic vo-coders overhead as I was on my way to a new bunker. I froze, fearing if they would hear or see me. By a stroke of luck, someone found me and took me into a small hideaway, leaving a note telling me not to move until four hours passed.
Whoever it was, he left me a watch with how many hours passed while I was out of sight. Four hours quickly passed and I left seeing no one around. I dashed off to the bunker to hide once more. But there waiting, was a man. He quickly ran up to me putting a finger to my lips. Of course, he didn't know I couldn't speak, so it didn't matter anyway.
He started to talk to me about the Union and how they kill children. He told me that once you're eighteen, you're safe. That means I would have to wait until 2015 until I became the safe age. I had to hide and run for what felt like 2 arduous and very painful years. I had to stop using bunkers for a time and just hide in other places like basements, old schools, and anywhere else that was large in size. I needed to move from room to room while avoiding any contact with anyone. One thing I do know is this. I nearly died a few times out there to the Union.
Quite a few times I was spotted. I had to run as fast as my legs could carry me to get away. One time, I nearly thought I was done for. But, a group of people came in time to kill the OTA chasing me. I was already wounded, though. They patched me up and taught me a few things to live longer out here. But after that I was on my own for the rest of those years until now, the year 2016. I will finally go into a city for the first time.
Whatever happens there will Happen I managed to find a way to get in without having to be spotted. When I get there, I will hide for a time until I feel safe to come out and attempt to help out.
And...that's it. That's all there is to tell you of my life of the Seven Hour War. If it wasn't clear enough, It was completely terrifying.  I will tell you that I see no point in fighting the union alone. Not one single point. That is asking for myself to be killed.
Now I hope you understand, whoever you are. You wanted this info. Do know I can't join this little group you have going on that wants to take down the Union. I'm traumatized from my past and I just can't trust you. I can't trust anyone until I get to know them for a long time. My trust is not going to be easy to earn, alright? Because right now, I'm terrified. Yet, I want to go to one of the cities, City 17I. I heard you are making a stop there, so I will give you all the food I still have left and anything else I can manage to give you. I'm going to go in there slightly clean. When I do, I will hide there until it's time to come out and talk to everyone there. Sophia, over and out.

I’m off to get into the city now.

*A note left outside the city found by the same man that she told her life story he sweeped it up and started to read to himself*

It’s been two days already when I got in huh? I hope you’re still alive and if you’re reading this. I guess you’re and if someone else is then Damn I still hope he or you’re alive. But whatever I guess you wonder how it went? I got in but it was hard Had to climb over quite a few things and climb under a few things mainly in Sewers my god it was gross but I made it. ANd now I’m in the city. Oh also as how to this letter got here I would prefer not to say But i might at one point. Anyway I got in and now I’m in hiding hopefully maybe one day I might see ya again Anyway onto the details I was slightly Horrified knowing this might bring my death onto me at one point but I got in nonetheless sneaked in But here I feel something odd but I shake it off nonetheless as for how I got in here for real this time. It was slightly hard I had to climb over a few things first off Mainly small fences or rubble of the old parts of this city Not only did i misjudge the size of this city I misjudged a lot about it. I had to hide into the Canals to make it into City 17I As you told me it was called And I made it I sneaked past most things ran into a few Cannibals The...Zombie ones anyway nearly got a bite taken out of me if it wasn’t thanks to keeping the pistol i had to shoot it but I left it behind I can’t take everything with me here I need them to think I just got here as long as I stay out of there way and not get near them i should be fine but other then that. I feel something odd about this city. This is where my Fate will unfold slowly maybe into a small picture or a bigger one either way this place will ever be a Battleground for me or my resting place I don’t know what will happen to me in this city. In this city filled with slaves to work. In this CIty filled with chatter and eerie voices of the Cannibals. The Citizens and everything else here. I’m still afraid I can’t go and hide right away it will bring too much attention to me. For now I leave you with this parting words If I ever bump into you and you want to say anything to me just say this Phase And I should know it’s you “Hope. Hope is the keyword you cling to.” Well then Hopfuly I’m still alive to meet you once more. Would be ashame to die now wouldn’t? Aftering living past all that as a Child to my age i’m now. Good luck out there. We’re all going to need it. Sophia. Over. And. Out
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker wrote:Sophia Orr.
1997 My Birth and Childhood.
Of course, trying to even stay alive these days is the hardest thing I can do, now being unbranded by the UU. So, what to talk about next? I have a good enough childhood for the majority of it. The kids at school called me “White Head” or “Oldie”due to the Albinism I was born with. But, I made a good friend there, or so I thought. I was foolish to think of him as a good friend as he stabbed me in the back later but I won't get into the details of what happened.

20XX The Seven Hour War.
Ships made of flesh and parts came out firing down on everything that was destroyable. There were also other flesh-like ships, but I didn't stay long to see what they do. My mother worrying about me quickly told me to hide somewhere, it didn't matter where. I ran as fast as I could from the house to go to where my mother sent me to hide before.
Anyway, I had to hide for a long time. Moving from bunker to bunker, carrying very little supplies, and trying to avoid anywhere the Union might have been. There were hardly people I met on this long journey. I always had to move to a new bunker due to food loss. I was able to stay in one for roughly 3 years. Most of the time was spent quickly hiding in a bunker, well, only if I heard the Robotic vo-coders of the Combine Overwatch Transhuman Arm. The arms those people... became what they are now.

I travelled across sprawling urban centers and open farmland, making my way down south to the United States, hoping to find refuge there. I encountered many dangers on the path, but soon I found myself over the border. Naturally, there wasn’t anybody defending them… everyone had gone off to fight the encroaching Combine threat that was so quickly overwhelming Earth’s governments.

There were so many… strange beings that seemingly came from those very weird teleportation type storms I believe, that was what one man told me… Just a commoner, told me his name was… Herman Wagnleitner I had to stay with him in this very stinky cabin in the woods. He was just waiting in there… strange howls in the distance, I thought they were coyote’s or something, we used to get a lot of those in Canada. The reason I was in this forest in the first place was because of the… what are they called, OTA soldiers, that’s right, them, they searched the school I was in a few kilometers or something away from where I was hiding, hungry and lost… Second I heard them breaking in, my heart was almost evaporated into thin air, I jumped up from where I was sitting, and rushed to the nearby window, they had spotted me at that point. I will never forget those 2 cyan glowing eyes, staring in the darkness, strange weapon pointed at me. If I could scream, I would… probably have screamed as loud as those howls I heard in the woods at that moment right there… I jumped out the window, and I thought I was shot, no, I landed on my foot, and face planted slamming my jaw off the tarmac, I thought I was shot, they told me it burned back at the last bunker, if you get shot by them, it felt cold… No, it was the snow… the chills from the snow had coated my whole arm. So I crawl, I crawl and crawl until I reach the fence of the playground yard. Jumping over it as I scrambled to my feet, I ran and ran and ran deep into the woods nearby, I didn’t stop running. When I stopped, I felt as though I was going to pass out, my heart and lungs depleted. Those echos could still be heard even from however deep I am in the woods now. Anyway… I was in the cabin with Herman. He tells me of mass-murders of These Odd alien type...Things They looked like those face huggers from that one movie What was it called. Oh Alien! Ya those guys aside I don’t think they lay eggs from what I seen of this...More or less Zombies I guess you could call them. But I don’t really like calling them Zombies heard too many of those things before hand from Movies. So I just called them Cannibals. Don’t get me wrong, there were cannibals here too. Real cannibals, non face hugged by whatever the hell those chicken shaped things were. I had a run in with a few of them before they eyed me with those humanity lost eyes as they had to flee to eating there own kind just to live I nearly once died to them I still have the bite marks where they bite some of my flesh out. It was terrible
But I had worse much worse.

In the long run, I had to scamper and hide the entire time. I met hardly anyone in the first few years as I stated before, but I did meet a few people. Some military, some not. I never got to talk to them per say. As far as I knew from most of the little conversation going around was that the military was mostly eliminated.  Just a few words on paper, with what little pieces I had. I swore at points I would die from just fear alone. Yet, I never gave up.
I always kept moving from bunker to bunker. I manage to find taking whatever food I could. Being short and all really helped in hiding From the OTA, But it didn’t always work. Sometimes it failed and at those times was when I thought I was doomed that always looked around for people. What did you call it? Outlands? Yeah, that place. I was there a few times, of course. I guess the Outlands is anywhere outside of the city.

I managed to hide for good few years away from the Union until 2013. I started to get more scared while hiding due to the union actively looking for anyone to be put into their cities. I was alone. So, very alone for countless years while outrunning the Union. I nearly lost hope numerous times.  And I'm still scared of the Union since I saw what they did and the things they had in their evil possession.  I had no hope in thinking I could live long this long. Well, now I'm glad I have done so. I’ve been scavenging food and water bottles from abandoned Wal-Mart stores and from the corpses of survivors…. it’s terrible having to take things from the dead, but it’s the only way
You want to know how people react to me? That’s an odd request to say the least but alright it was weird for the most part to see a white haired mute still alive a child no less. They had many questions some even offered to kill me or even kill me just because of this to “End my suffering” I either had to run or explain to them that I can’t give up. Ever To give up is to waste what my mother, Father, And Brother did to save me They died to save me And with that I will never give in. A lot of people Find me weird and alienish A mute albino still alive hard to believe I can’t yell for the help you can No. I mainly survived because I used my wits and my will and everything I had to get this far! I refused death at every turn! Even when I nearly died that one time to those...Things those winged beasts. You call them Antlions? Whatever I don’t care for the name all I know is that whatever that Guy tossed it saved my life they flew towards me one rammed into my breaking one or two of my ribs I couldn’t move for hours the guy carried me away to where he was hiding and just talked to me. I still couldn’t move for a few days he kept a watch over me for my times healing I still have that slight damage from those antlions ramming me thankfully I’m still alive I still have a few scars from this but I manage.  I was glad he he was there when he was because those antlions as you call them were nearly the end of me. Anyway I left the man said his name Was Shark Fang I was confused by the name I guess it was just a nickname anyway I gave him some food and supplies i had. It was the last of what I had so I had to loot more then. So I headed out to find unpicked places for food and gear. I didn’t find much left aside for few canned foods in some Raided and attacked Bunkers so I ate those for awhile. But for the most part I had to loot the dead bodies of those who couldn’t go on anymore. I hated to do it but I had to do it it even live any longer I just hope that when I get into this city it will be a bit more simple but I doubt it

I’ve survived thus far. I hold some significant ground in evading the Union forces with my adeptness in agility, however it can only get me so far.
I managed to get this far into the world now. I will be damned to hell if I died any time soon. Then again, I'm still scared. I can't fight the Union I just can't. What did anyone do to take care of me? Yes, there was one person who took care of me for a time. I don't remember him well, but he took care of me for awhile, teaching me a few, useful things. One such thing was how to handle a small firearm, but I doubt I will use the skills I learned any time soon. I’ve been coming across a lot more of those… things. The mutated ones with the aliens on their heads. I can’t help but discern that these are still humans, trapped under the influence of these vile monsters. If only there were something I could do for them besides running away like the coward I am.
Anyway, soon I will be going to City 17I.  I will stay a bit longer to tell you more of what happened during 2014 when you were all forced into cities. I heard screams and people yelling along with the Robotic vo-coders overhead as I was on my way to a new bunker. I froze, fearing if they would hear or see me. By a stroke of luck, someone found me and took me into a small hideaway, leaving a note telling me not to move until four hours passed.
Now I hope you understand, whoever you are. You wanted this info. Do know I can't join this little group you have going on that wants to take down the Union. I'm traumatized from my past and I just can't trust you. I can't trust anyone until I get to know them for a long time. My trust is not going to be easy to earn, alright? Because right now, I'm terrified. Yet, I want to go to one of the cities, City 17I. I heard you are making a stop there, so I will give you all the food I still have left and anything else I can manage to give you. I'm going to go in there slightly clean. When I do, I will hide there until it's time to come out and talk to everyone there. Sophia, over and out.

I’m off to get into the city now.

*A note left outside the city found by the same man that she told her life story he sweeped it up and started to read to himself*

It’s been two days already when I got in huh? I hope you’re still alive and if you’re reading this. I guess you’re and if someone else is then Damn I still hope he or you’re alive. But whatever I guess you wonder how it went? I got in but it was hard Had to climb over quite a few things and climb under a few things mainly in Sewers my god it was gross but I made it. ANd now I’m in the city. Oh also as how to this letter got here I would prefer not to say But i might at one point. Anyway I got in and now I’m in hiding hopefully maybe one day I might see ya again Anyway onto the details I was slightly Horrified knowing this might bring my death onto me at one point but I got in nonetheless sneaked in But here I feel something odd but I shake it off nonetheless as for how I got in here for real this time. It was slightly hard I had to climb over a few things first off Mainly small fences or rubble of the old parts of this city Not only did i misjudge the size of this city I misjudged a lot about it. I had to hide into the Canals to make it into City 17I As you told me it was called And I made it I sneaked past most things ran into a few Cannibals The...Zombie ones anyway nearly got a bite taken out of me if it wasn’t thanks to keeping the pistol i had to shoot it but I left it behind I can’t take everything with me here I need them to think I just got here as long as I stay out of there way and not get near them i should be fine but other then that. I feel something odd about this city. This is where my Fate will unfold slowly maybe into a small picture or a bigger one either way this place will ever be a Battleground for me or my resting place I don’t know what will happen to me in this city. In this city filled with slaves to work. In this CIty filled with chatter and eerie voices of the Cannibals. The Citizens and everything else here. I’m still afraid I can’t go and hide right away it will bring too much attention to me. For now I leave you with this parting words If I ever bump into you and you want to say anything to me just say this Phase And I should know it’s you “Hope. Hope is the keyword you cling to.” Well then Hopfuly I’m still alive to meet you once more. Would be ashame to die now wouldn’t? Aftering living past all that as a Child to my age i’m now. Good luck out there. We’re all going to need it. Sophia. Over. And. Out
I am +Supporting, you have successfully revised and altered this app correctly.

- It is a very well written journal style application that really speaks as the character would which is a + for development

- I love the tone of voice, all the speech terminologies are realistic in the mind of Sophia, you sort of get the sense that it is Sophia Orr and not Sophia_Voidwalker (Username) Actually talking and recording this or writing it.

- Nothing is overpowered entirely or stands out about her other than her disability and age, how she survives is pretty adequate and believable.

- You have implemented a wide variety of variable situations such as antlion, necrotic experiences.

- It is believable and has a lot of effort gone into it.

{Poll Added}

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinere on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:19 pm

How do I even vote?
Cinere
666133742069SS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Character officially approved.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content