Work Cycles

Go down

Work Cycles

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:58 pm

What to do with them / improve them?

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Work Cycles

Post by General Bravo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:49 am

Besides have them more?
I'm gonna go with be more harsh and have units start beating anyone deemed to be "underperforming".

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:55 am

I'm talking about what to do with them. Like tasks and jobs, it's hard trying to have admins spawn stuff each time because then they cannot roleplay

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:36 pm

I had an idea last night, after Bazid killed me an ate me. One thing he did that I did not enjoy, but didn't fight was the fact that he had a knife on his person, that he didn't ACTUALLY have. He RP'ed pulling a knife and stabbing me. We rolled and rolled, I eventually pushed him away, getting stabbed once. I ran and got to his door where he stabbed me again, this time leaving the knife in my wound. I kept running, eventually he grabbed me and I used the knife to stab his arm to have him let go. I RP'ed passing out from being stabbed twice, he then took advantage of the situation and dragged me away before I woke up.

This whole time, there was no knife. Now I didn't like this at first, because, well, I PK'ed my char for this. Even though, he didn't really have a knife... But you know what? It was fun. It was super fun, exciting, and over all made me want to run into something like that again.

But how can we control this, so that people don't just "pretend" to have weapons on them and murder each other? Well let me first explain how I think we could get Jobs to be more inviting and also more "personal".

We could use a system similar to DarkRP. People can type /job and they can set there job to anything they want. Anything without the use of the actual items that job needs. So you would need to think "Well I can't say I am a cop, because I have no way to arrest anyone or detain, I can't be a CWU because I can't get items, I can't be a furniture salesman because I can't spawn props." Instead, this will lead them (hopefully) to thinking "I could be a therapist, because all it would require is talking to people, which I can do, discreetly." or "I can be a Garbage man, because that only requires picking up trash, and that is plentiful in C17."

So you see, if we used a custom job script that DID NOT CHANGE YOUR CLASS, but instead added a "Job: ____" line under your description/name when people look at you that was based entirely around manual labor or non-prop/tool/item requiring jobs, we could easy make the illusion that everyone has a job. Everyone gets paid from rations. If you don't have a job, you are beaten for under-performance. If it says you do have a job, a CCA Units could watch if you at all perform this job, if you don't, its a beating.

Now this is where Rules and Admins come into play. All you would need to do is stop people from using 'fake' items that didn't really exist in that players inventory, and look for Jobs that are unrealistic for this setting. Other than that, people can create their own job, work for no pay yet still get beaten for not working, and also feel like they have something to do as a citizen. CWU jobs will still exist how ever, and any character with a REAL job cannot have a pretend job like most citizens would.

Just an idea.

EDIT: To elaborate how the CCA are okay with this: We pretend that these Jobs people have are not 'jobs' recognized by the CCA, but are just labels that citizens give themselves. This is the type of person I want to be known as. Or, this is how the citizens here think of me. If you are good at consoling people, you could make yourself known as a Therapist. If you are good at getting something from one person to the next, you could make yourself known as a Courier. Jobs = Labels. Nothing more.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:49 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:I had an idea last night, after Bazid killed me an ate me. One thing he did that I did not enjoy, but didn't fight was the fact that he had a knife on his person, that he didn't ACTUALLY have. He RP'ed pulling a knife and stabbing me. We rolled and rolled, I eventually pushed him away, getting stabbed once. I ran and got to his door where he stabbed me again, this time leaving the knife in my wound. I kept running, eventually he grabbed me and I used the knife to stab his arm to have him let go. I RP'ed passing out from being stabbed twice, he then took advantage of the situation and dragged me away before I woke up.

This whole time, there was no knife. Now I didn't like this at first, because, well, I PK'ed my char for this. Even though, he didn't really have a knife... But you know what? It was fun. It was super fun, exciting, and over all made me want to run into something like that again.

But how can we control this, so that people don't just "pretend" to have weapons on them and murder each other? Well let me first explain how I think we could get Jobs to be more inviting and also more "personal".

We could use a system similar to DarkRP. People can type /job and they can set there job to anything they want. Anything without the use of the actual items that job needs. So you would need to think "Well I can't say I am a cop, because I have no way to arrest anyone or detain, I can't be a CWU because I can't get items, I can't be a furniture salesman because I can't spawn props." Instead, this will lead them (hopefully) to thinking "I could be a therapist, because all it would require is talking to people, which I can do, discreetly." or "I can be a Garbage man, because that only requires picking up trash, and that is plentiful in C17."

So you see, if we used a custom job script that DID NOT CHANGE YOUR CLASS, but instead added a "Job: ____" line under your description/name when people look at you that was based entirely around manual labor or non-prop/tool/item requiring jobs, we could easy make the illusion that everyone has a job. Everyone gets paid from rations. If you don't have a job, you are beaten for under-performance. If it says you do have a job, a CCA Units could watch if you at all perform this job, if you don't, its a beating.

Now this is where Rules and Admins come into play. All you would need to do is stop people from using 'fake' items that didn't really exist in that players inventory, and look for Jobs that are unrealistic for this setting. Other than that, people can create their own job, work for no pay yet still get beaten for not working, and also feel like they have something to do as a citizen. CWU jobs will still exist how ever, and any character with a REAL job cannot have a pretend job like most citizens would.

Just an idea.

Um I was talking about work cycles with the factory Razz
I don't think we should add /Job and turn this into DarkRP. They can apply to have a job like that on their own and add their description them selves.

But again this thread is for work cycles with the factory.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Seems like it would require a lot of micromanaging, and for the people doing it to actually have some interest in doing so. That and I don't know that there is a /joj command for Clockwork.

However, if people like this idea, I suppose we could attempt to implement it.

I do find it logical that there would be other labor besides just processing what's left of the old world into raw materials. And if we need to have a work cycle without admins(or admins don't want to spam garbage props), it would provide an alternative.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Sorry for wrong thread post. Got caught up in this, didn't even think.

And yes, it would mean micromanaging. But we can always rely on other citizens to report players with strange jobs, or cheating when using fake items. It really wouldn't be to hard.

Sorry for thread hijack.

EDIT: There isnt a job command. That's why we make a script, which is totally possible. And I can just see it being a button near "Description" when you press F1. Add your job in there, once its done, you perform that job occasionally just to keep you busy. It would all be based on the Want of the player, but with the amount of people asking "How do I get a job" from time to time, it may be nice to tell them to make their own and use their imagination to create it. After all, we are all just pretending and using our imagination.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum