Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

Enforcing FearRP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Enforcing FearRP

Post by General Bravo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Maybe.
Just keep in mind, death is not in and of itself character development. It's death. Death is something we have to be careful with because we killed two rebels in City 8, which led to the death of rebel RP and contributed eventually to the first death of TC.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:05 pm

General Bravo wrote:Maybe.
Just keep in mind, death is not in and of itself character development. It's death. Death is something we have to be careful with because we killed two rebels in City 8, which led to the death of rebel RP and contributed eventually to the first death of TC.
I don't really think that was the main cause of the death of TC, death is just death you are right, but those deaths actually had huge effects on the rebels which inspired a branch off of different development and thicker plot and twists. Those deaths also were a little on the annoying side, especially when the one who killed 1 of them just left and was never heard of again.

I feel the deaths were just shunned upon because of how BS development was at the time and how peoples characters were and such. but anyways aside from that we need to not linger on the past, we should push fourth towards the future and head for the Horizon (pun hue) and look towards correcting that sort of thing, we have these ideas, just time to but them into action.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

I never said it was the primary cause, but it certainly contributed.

Anyway, looping back to the actual topic of the thread. Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The corrupt. The innocent. Fear. Fear is my ally. Fear needs to play a bigger role. On seeing a dangerous force like the Overwatch, anyone whose first instinct is to engage would(for the most part)be either already subsumed into the Overwatch Transhuman Arm, or be dead on charges of being mentally unfit. Anyone else would fight defensively. Literally all the rebels in HL2 fight defensively until the uprising. And they tended to stick close to their bases. Major reasons why you don't see more of them get killed by Overwatch(although you do if you take your time killing the enemy)are pretty much limited to you being there drawing attention and fucking shit up.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:26 pm

I think if anything that was a prime example of how RP should not be. 2 people died, and it killed off an entire RP section of our story. Do you really want that to be the structure of our RP Entertainment?

I think we should have a Rebel RP that isnt based around a few Super Bad ass characters. Sure we can have role models. But. HUMAN, role models.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:I think if anything that was a prime example of how RP should not be. 2 people died, and it killed off an entire RP section of our story. Do you really want that to be the structure of our RP Entertainment?

I think we should have a Rebel RP that isnt based around a few Super Bad ass characters. Sure we can have role models. But. HUMAN, role models.
It wasn't because of them dying, it was an accumulation of so much other bullshit at the time, topped off with the huge ooc arguments following their deaths. As far as I'm concerned Rebel RP was lead by hugely developed characters with tons of depth and plot behind them, it was never based around them. They only really inspired development out of every other rebel. And even with that said, this thread is not about targeting rebel rp, it's simply about establishing realistic rules that have faltered due to various things which have corroded the way rp is supposed to work.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 pm

So....thread back on track.

FearRP is still disappointingly low. I am prepared to have people bumped off publicly until fearRP improves if that's what it takes, but I'd prefer people just do what they should be doing.

Civil Protection:
Resistance:
Enslaved Biotic:

General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Right, people are starting to tail off of the rule train and this idea again. Thinking nobody is seeing it. The fact, is, it is a crucial element to HL2 RP and in order to make things interesting, you must follow it. Put into perspective and empathetically let the life of a citizen amalgamate within your brain. Process the setting, the oppression, and the highest and most feared force who, lets not forget, took over the entire earth in 7 HOURS! It's really silly when I am seeing these characters acting like nomad from Crysis when they have 0 development what so ever. They mostly are just seen running around shooting off a few tones of voice that are brief and bland, never really fleshing out a solid character design. Think about this for a second ladies and gentlemen, The combine, a huge force to be reckoned with, what makes you think, you could survive their army on your own?

They have Better weapons, Armor, gear, sophisticated technology, better skilled people, more educated personnel, synths, augmentations. Now picture yourself in that world as a base point of development. I would basically be shitting my pants even if I saw a 05 walking down the streets. How the hell would a citizen be able to tell the difference if one of the same looking CP officers a few days before with an encrypted ID code has different tendencies after beating their friend senselessly for littering and loitering? They certainly would not. A lot of this lack of FearRp stems from two other violated policies, Intense OOC and Meta gaming.

You guys need to stop discussing things ooc all the time and get immersed in your character, it's okay after a while I can understand, but a lot of people just abuse the fuck out of it and it's very distracted to other players. Point is, if people do not start following rules, I will start administering proper judgement where fit. I guarantee if you do all of this, you will learn to enjoy RP far more and others will as well.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum