Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

A Growing Concern

Go down

A Growing Concern

Post by Mr. Bubbles on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Something rather alarming that I've noticed as of late, is the growing number of both "rogue unit" characters, and extremely overpowered rebel characters, with OTA and high ranking CCA models (I'm not naming names, because you know who you are). I'm finding that this is extremely unrealistic, and a little frustrating. To put it bluntly, citizens don't understand how to use combine technology! I don't know when it became okay for rebels to be running around with AR2's and OTA armor! Fix this please! I beg of you!
Mr. Bubbles

View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/mrbubblesthedebonaire

Back to top Go down

Re: A Growing Concern

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Oh yes, we have noticed this as well. Many players "wield" the AR2s and armor but they don't know how to use it ICly. We cannot restrict this because they got them ICly but the Combine do know of this so I would assume that is on their main agenda. But we will try to prevent this from happening again because it is a little unrealistic. You never see resistance members rocking out OTA or CCA uniforms in game, they only had the kevlar.

Why would you want to look like the thing you are fighting for?

Bottom line: The CCA / OTA will now try to eliminate these characters (More sweep) because of their high technology and armor.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volatile_tnt on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:56 pm

In regards to the OTA armor, it was burned ICly and now what's left IC is the broken helmet. Other armor that was taken had its kevlar plates removed so it's purely aesthetic (I'm talking about the IW's armor). Now I don't know what rebel has an AR2 besides Sentinel, and if any does I agree it should be taken (or used as just a club) because realistically one would need a lot of weapon training to operate anything stronger than a shotgun. As for rouge units, I know of about three and two of them are from TC, the other is part of I17's storyline. If any units have gone rouge since the opening of the server I agree they should be voided and implemented back into the UU.
volatile_tnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Okay, as one of these "overpowered" characters, I would like to see the Combine taking action here, as we are an aptly-designated "growing threat". Rogue units need to be happening a lot less, maybe some of us refugees can work together to "solve" this problem. By that I mean starting a flash mob with torches and pitchforks. As for people having COTA models, this has been discussed. Most of the COTA armor is actually grafted to their skin, that's why you only see rebels in HL2 with OverWatch soldier padding.

As for OSIPR usage, you're right - refugees and even these rogue units should NOT know how to use them at ALL. I grabbed an AR2 off a KING unit and ICly have absolutely NO idea how to use it. Essentially to my character it's a glorified club, so he's only got it to scare CCA units and as trading leverage.

However, bear in mind that the majority of these overpowered characters have been around for a long time (Mine has been here since early-2013) and have had time to accumulate this equipment. I'm not sure where these characters like "Sentinel" and "Hrimfaxi" are coming from fully armed with hardcore equipment and armor, though.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:17 pm

I will disagree on the AR2 on the grounds that in-game, rebels can be found picking up and using AR2s without much trouble. That being said, it makes sense for anyone trying to do so to have a really rough time hitting anything.

As for the characters, I can sweep the sewers daily with 10 Overwatch soldiers and it won't matter if the rebels are in one of a few areas that we just won't/can't know about. If that happens, there's literally nothing I can do short of meta to rectify this situation.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

As for "Sentinel" He was a character that was supposed to only be used to get the Lambda on it's feet (Show them the ropes of the city, etc) and then he was to be killed off.

But there hasn't been much Lambda members on so It's mostly been passive rp with him (A couple times action rp as well) So I'm waiting to actually deal with the Lambda then he will be killed off.

As for "Hrimfaxi" he is voided / denied at the moment unless Chris changes the story to make him less OP.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Alright, I saw this at school today, and I have a lot of things to say. First off with roguing, nobody should ever plan their roguing ooc, it should be afflicted upon them through a turn of unexpected and unanticipated events that are just right and reasonably understandable around the lines of roguing. Non of this lol-rogue 05-04 shit. At that rank you are basically still a citizen, 04 you are beginnning to adjust to the ranks but you are still highly intimidated by the CCA and the UU. You wouldn't risk your life to be killed so easily by the UU or CCA, the whole point you joined the CCA was so you could be treated better and because your psychological fear and intimidation of it. 

The way I see the OSIPR (Ar2) issue is. For one, face to face with an OTA is pure luck if you win a battle between one vs yourself or extreme wit or smarts. You have to remember Gordon is a trained professional mastering in MIT as a theoretical physicist, he has been trained to use a variety of weapons and throughout half-life you see him using alien weapons for christ sakes, no doubt due to his education. The reason he knows how to use the AR2 is because of his education and logical analytic training behind weapons. By the time Half-Life 2 with Gordon rolls around the rebels are a stronger group than they would be 7-8 years prior which is basically what this rp's time zone is. It is all a prelude to the events of Gordon. Citizens and Rebels are certainly not Black Mesa educated top secret Dr's, Oh no, let's not get confused ladies and gentleman. These are just ordinary people that would have some form of real world education at most which is much much less than Black Mesa Education. You have to consider that the combine are not stupid and they would track down and acquire all the useful highly educated individuals for their own works, I.E. Breen. The rebels in HL2 are highly esablished with many black mesa scientists on their side who would have been studying combine technology for months and months and months and would have trained the Rebels how to use the technology by then which obviously would get around. Not in this timezone though, otherwise the combine would already be starting to get overrun and taken down don't you think? Killing fire with fire?

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:01 pm

I doubt Gordon would know how to use these weapons because of his MIT studying. He just was doing his normal job when aliens pop out of know where so he just picks up a weapon and shoots (most likely no gun experience before) he never got training for Amy of the weapons (even ar2) he just picked them up and shot things. I honestly don't think you need training just to shoot a weapon. But you would need training to get better at shooting that weapon.

(Sorry for mistakes it's hard to type on this shitty I touch)

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Kay... I was just looking at the AR2 OSIPR viewmodel... it has a very obvious trigger... at the bottom... wow. I just noticed this. I thought you pushed down on the dark energy compressor thingy, but... there it is, clear as day.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 pm

What apparently isn't so simple to use is the energy ball launcher, which rebels in HL2 can't seem to use. Which it sort of makes sense that Freeman might be able to figure out after using stuff like the Tau Cannon and Gluon Gun, which most people wouldn't be able to figure out.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Super America on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:24 pm

Some of you guys who are supporting this?

Slash's asspulled rogue and apparently some king armor wearing citizen, along with Chris's?

You're part of the problem of un-realistic RP.

Super America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 pm

I've already gone back and fixed the whole deal about the KING armor days ago, however at the time it was obtained perfectly legit. I feel that I've strayed a bit too far off the character's development path, however, and have been making revisions to that this week.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Super America on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Who can't find KING's armor? You just can't /wear/ it, as a tired Citizen.

Super America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Right, that was another involved concern. Malnourishment would make the user of the suit rather clumsy in wearing it, and also the suit-grafting debate sort of negated that point though.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:39 pm

I thought we discussed that it was not just the suit. It was parts of it (IE. It's Kevlar and helmet.)

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Super America on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 am

Alright, I see. I showed that but I meant why would you do that, knowing that?

It really doesn't matter anymoire, if the armors gone.

Super America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum