Top posters
General Bravo (341)
 
Slashraider (315)
 
Colonel HollerHavoc (256)
 
Zaughi (182)
 
DIABLO258 (102)
 
Suiko (80)
 
Cinere (60)
 
Atlas (57)
 
Oculatus (55)
 
Blukerbeh (43)
 

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server



Primary Needs

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Add this?

53% 53% 
[ 10 ]
47% 47% 
[ 9 ]
 
Total Votes : 19

Re: Primary Needs

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Silverdisc wrote:
-ChocolateSprinklez- wrote:I think The Plugin is neccesary, Webuls Run around Without Rping eating or drinking. This will teach more discipline to People who just hold on to food,
The thing is, the people who we call webuls are generally failrp'ers, and I doubt that they will care about this system. They'll probably just ignore it. I don't think that the few people who would actually RP it correctly need to be forced to, since they are the few people who would also RP it without a system in place.

The main thing I hate about needs plugins is that they use OOC time. In IC time, you would get hungry just a few minutes after you last ate, because in OOC time, this could be an hour.

I agree with the part about webuls and failrp'ers. I'm not sure about the ooc time thing.
avatar
DarknessBalancesoul

Posts : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Slashraider on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Okay, seeing people misjudged what I said. The server will not be up tonight. It is under going construction for the new update im implementing, sorry for the inconvenience.

(Please stay on topic)

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:35 pm

50 fucking 50 up in the poll
gettin intense
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 104
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Slashraider on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:43 pm

I don't trust polls. Someone can just make a new account to vote one more time. I wish there was a way to check exactly who voted so we can tell whos real and fake.

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:47 pm

I don't think anybody would do that. And honest to Christ guys if you do, just know you are degrading te community by forcing your will upon others.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 104
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Suiko wrote:I don't think anybody would do that. And honest to Christ guys if you do, just know you are degrading te community by forcing your will upon others.
^ this.
avatar
DarknessBalancesoul

Posts : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 pm

Also you could check and see if a random person registered then you could check the poll for increase
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 104
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Silverdisc on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Slashraider wrote:Okay, seeing people misjudged what I said. The server will not be up tonight. It is under going construction for the new update im implementing, sorry for the inconvenience.

(Please stay on topic)
I think you are the person posting in the wrong topic here xD.

_________________
When something's broken, it's usually my fault.
avatar
Silverdisc
Commander

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 23
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by RenigadeBlackjack on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:09 pm

+Support This is actually a good idea. Not much i can say on the matter.
avatar
RenigadeBlackjack

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-26
Age : 22
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by -ChocolateSprinklez- on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Odds are tied, Again
avatar
-ChocolateSprinklez-

Posts : 11
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-15
Age : 27
Location : Outskirts of Swaglandia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:47 pm

From what I've observed there's about;

5 Reasonable and justified -Supports

From I, Silver, Bravo and Darkness, Profit too

2 Lol-support (Partially justified, but not entirely)

from Chris and America

Atleast 7 Lol+supports/biased with no justification and targeting lolwebuls who are being misinterpreted. (Aka not counted [It was stated in the forum rules])

From Sprinklez, Tygunner, Blackjack, Sophia, Zaughi, Cin, Oculatus (No real definite reason relating to how it benefits the server)

1-2 +supports with justification with one being biased, once again, targeting "webuls".
Suiko, Slash

The rest is people spitting out votes on the poll for no reason which hardly means anything. Honestly the poll is really stupid to do for something like this as people can just blindly vote because they think it's "Good" or "Bad" with no real reasoning behind it. That's like making all food in North America Free based off a poll, the Government spending all this time trying to justify it's the wrong choice to make but because of the population, most of the country just votes on the poll with /no/ justification at all in favour of it and boom, free food, and Havoc.


Last edited by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

_________________
Colonel War Dog Of TEH

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
avatar
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Posts : 256
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 100
Location : Underdepths Of Flamboria

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by -ChocolateSprinklez- on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 pm

What about my +support ;_;
avatar
-ChocolateSprinklez-

Posts : 11
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-15
Age : 27
Location : Outskirts of Swaglandia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:From what I've observed there's about;

4 Reasonable and justified -Supports

From I, Silver, Bravo and Darkness

2 Lol-support (Partially justified, but not entirely)

from Chris and America

Atleast 5 Lol+supports/biased with no justification and targeting lolwebuls who are being misinterpreted. (Aka not counted [It was stated in the forum rules])

From Sprinklez, Tygunner, Blackjack, Sophia, Zaughi (No real definite reason relating to how it benefits the server)

1-2 +supports with justification with one being biased, once again, targeting "webuls".
Suiko, Slash

The rest is people spitting out votes on the poll for no reason which hardly means anything. Honestly the poll is really stupid to do for something like this as people can just blindly vote because they think it's "Good" or "Bad" with no real reasoning behind it. That's like making all food in North America Free based off a poll, the Government spending all this time trying to justify it's the wrong choice to make but because of the population, most of the country just votes on the poll with /no/ justification at all in favour of it and boom, free food, and Havoc.
I do agree with your thoughts on the voting poll, being pretty much a partially anonymous system where you say yes or no for no reason.

Also, you forgot my -support in the list.
avatar
Profit (tha_man234)

Posts : 34
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Suiko on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:54 pm

I think we should just give it a trial run at the least.
Also, Zaughi's stats are glitched to be permanently reduced because the addon was taken off when his char was starving/dehydrated.
avatar
Suiko

Posts : 80
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-11
Age : 104
Location : The Land of Marshmallows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Oculatus on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:12 pm

I personally + support  I find it annoying with the amount of people in D6.
avatar
Oculatus

Posts : 55
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-02-16
Location : 1337xXganjavill3Xx666360420

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Cinere on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:16 pm

+Support It makes the refugees have to exit D6, which allows them to be caught. It doesn't seem too harsh on the negative effects, but annoying enough to remind you, "F00D"
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Zaughi on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Don't forget that eating food doesn't really affect your hunger at all.
avatar
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Posts : 182
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 103
Location : Much Worse Depression

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Slashraider on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Zaughi wrote:Don't forget that eating food doesn't really affect your hunger at all.


What do you mean?

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Zaughi on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm

>Eats a watermelon, 3 jars of citizen supplements and Chinese takeout

>Still "starving"
avatar
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Posts : 182
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 103
Location : Much Worse Depression

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Slashraider on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Zaughi wrote:>Eats a watermelon, 3 jars of citizen supplements and Chinese takeout

>Still "starving"


This is fixed.

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:22 pm

Updated the Actuality poll above.

PS: Contrary to popular belief, adding this will not force people out of d6 the way in which it is intended. Those reasons are the most biased of all things. You want to get people out of D6? You certainly don't add in a needs plugin that doesn't force mandatory feeding other than some annoying overlay. D6 is another topic entirely.

_________________
Colonel War Dog Of TEH

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
avatar
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Posts : 256
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 100
Location : Underdepths Of Flamboria

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Cinere on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Biased? I mean, wat. If the reason is "wrong" what does that matter? It's still a vote with some form of reason. But anywayyyys. Im going to start a new thread now, it seems that as Holler said, this isn't quite the answer.
avatar
Cinere
666133742069SS

Posts : 60
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2014-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Slashraider on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah I don't like the whole "Oh your reason is biased or not enough, your vote doesn't count"

If someone just put a +support I can see that, but even a +support this seems like this could be good. is enough. If people vote for something, you can't say their vote doesn't count because it is biased... Almost anything you vote for is biased. Why else would you vote for it?

_________________
HL2RP OWNER Of TEH
Administrator :
Dr. Hiroshi Saga - Running the CCA from his office while eating takeout.
Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD


avatar
Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

Posts : 315
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 20
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:51 pm

It's extremely irrelevant to include a plugin that targets needs that aren't mandatory to get rid of lolwebuls, therefore the vote doesn't really make any sense, removing lolwebuls benefits the server, but it doesn't mean the plugin is guaranteed to remove the lolwebuls. Therefore it's a biased expression with no real justification behind how it would solidly remove lolwebuls from the slums. Stating that lolwebuls need to be removed because apparently the plugin is something this is "guaranteed" to do is the biased part of it though. It's quite self evident that adding it doesn't actually force anything upon the player, so how would it indefinitely benefit the server? Following that there is little information behind how it would actually help. Only people who gave that are you and Suiko, one piece of information being biased in your arguments.

How is it fair that there are a bunch of other people piggy backing off of the shear idea that "Adding needs that don't even force you to eat and won't kill the player" is an enforcer of getting IC or removing lolwebuls from the slums? It's all about fighting IC with IC, not plugins. Glad you took the liberty to devise a thread devoted to the straightening of lolwebuls.

And the reason a valid vote needs more depth is so that people don't just go "This plugin is awesome, I think it will be a good addition +support" Or "Wow this plugin is horrible, -support." Highly unjustified. And if you look at the government metaphor I'd think you'd understand better.

_________________
Colonel War Dog Of TEH

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
avatar
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Posts : 256
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-02-06
Age : 100
Location : Underdepths Of Flamboria

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Silverdisc on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:22 am

Gotta agree with Holler here. Of course votes are important and "count", but if the reason is entirely unjustified and it's self-evident that the reason is actually invalid, I don't see how those votes are supposed to help a discussion.

In cases like this, things should be discussed. It shouldn't just be around some poll. If a group of failRP'ers were to join the server and they become the majority, they shouldn't automatically be able to control the entire server just because they have more votes, right?

It should be about actual valid points. Not about people going "Oh I like this +support". That's Holler's point, and if we want to safeguard any good roleplay, that's what we should remember.

On the primary needs plugin.. Sleeping in the plugin is absolutely terrible and I hate it. These systems can be a reminder, but if they're like the public primary needs plugin, they actually influence stuff like blur and attributes.

Roleplay is not a survival game. It's a "book" that you can write your story on. It's not a book that forces you to write how a character sleeps and eats every 5 pages. While it's realistic, it doesn't add anything to roleplay. The people who don't roleplay needs properly will not suddenly start doing that with this plugin. And not a single lolwebul will leave D6 because of this.

If anything, this system will annoy new players and scare away potential great roleplayers. I know that if I see that a server has Primary Needs I'll reconsider playing there, and I'm not the only one who thinks like that. My needs plugin was designed to be a bit less forceful and just remind people, but that clearly doesn't work either, since good roleplayers already RP it, and failRP'ers won't anyway.

_________________
When something's broken, it's usually my fault.
avatar
Silverdisc
Commander

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 23
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum