Add this?

53% 53% 
[ 10 ]
47% 47% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 19

Re: Primary Needs

Post by Silverdisc on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Slashraider wrote:If it kills all the rebels because they actually need to get food now, so be it. It's canon. People had to eat. They tried smuggling food and died. Deal with it.
This sentence throws me off quite a bit. If you want people to play on your server, trust me, adding a plugin that suddenly kills developed, good characters with a huge story, and then saying "Deal with it it's canon" is the easiest way to lose regulars.

Roleplay is not about items. Eating should be an element of roleplay. Eating shouldn't be the focus of roleplay. Roleplay is about character development and stories. Needs can enhance that and should be a part of it, but they should never force stories to end like that.

So, even though I like my own needs plugin, I strongly -support this. I would also not recommend the other Primary Needs plugin, having to sleep just breaks up RP.

Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:21 pm

It doesn't kill.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Not directly. It has the potential to do so indirectly by setting up situations that would not otherwise happen.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Slashraider wrote:So then people ignore it. This will just create a feel of "I need to it"

If it kills all the rebels because they actually need to get food now, so be it. It's canon. People had to eat. They tried smuggling food and died. Deal with it.

You take about trying to bring fear RP back, and this can create fear RP.

"Oh man where am I going to find food? Oh shit that CCA officer might see me with food I'm not supposed to have"

-Support

All I see this doing is people running around grabbing food so they don't lose their character and they may not even play on their rebel so they don't have to worry about it randomly dying. All I see it doing is draining the RP and even the fun element.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:54 pm

Chris10023 wrote:
Slashraider wrote:So then people ignore it. This will just create a feel of "I need to it"

If it kills all the rebels because they actually need to get food now, so be it. It's canon. People had to eat. They tried smuggling food and died. Deal with it.

You take about trying to bring fear RP back, and this can create fear RP.

"Oh man where am I going to find food? Oh shit that CCA officer might see me with food I'm not supposed to have"

-Support

All I see this doing is people running around grabbing food so they don't lose their character and they may not even play on their rebel so they don't have to worry about it randomly dying. All I see it doing is draining the RP and even the fun element.

Why do people think this kills you...? If your hunger goes to max, you will not die. It simply just blurs your vision and effect some of your attributes.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverdisc on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Slashraider wrote:Why do people think this kills you...? If your hunger goes to max, you will not die. It simply just blurs your vision and effect some of your attributes.

Because in this post, you implied you would cause IC death through not having food.

Slashraider wrote:If it kills all the rebels because they actually need to get food now, so be it. It's canon. People had to eat. They tried smuggling food and died. Deal with it.

Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Profit (tha_man234) on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Slashraider wrote:Why do people think this kills you...? If your hunger goes to max, you will not die. It simply just blurs your vision and effect some of your attributes.
The problem for me would be the fact that food and money is scarce. Ration Distribution almost NEVER happens enough to where this would end up pointless and irritating at best. Even if you've stored up cash, you can only buy drinks most of the time. (Can UU shops supply food?) I could see this being a really big problem for rebels, as they'd have to scavenge food in the slums, which I could imagine is hard.
Profit (tha_man234)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:20 am

Rations arn't given out much because people don't NEED them.

With some kind of reminder to say "Hey! You are human and need food!" you would just go to the CWU and buy food (which isn't supposed to be sold at the CWU anyway)

Food is scarce in Half-Life 2. I don't know if anybody knew that, but people are starving to death and are super malnourished. In TEH you can walk down the street and buy a melon, or Chinese food, or coffee. I think the only way to get people to actually want to eat food is to keep the Primary Needs plugin, and remove food stores. This will allow Rations to be given out more frequently because people actually need the food and are unable to get it without Combine intervention. If this is the case, peoples screens will blur, they will start to slow down, and they will want to fix it. How? Food. How do I get food? Beg the combine. Beg your little starving citizen heart out. That's what it was like in HL2. And that's how it should be here. May I remind everyone, in order to INCREASE demand for an item, you must make it unavailable to the people.

It's funny. This is HL2RP, yet when I played HL2 I was not reminded of TEH or TC in anyway. This is HL2RP: Custom Edition, because we have altered so much that the way "it's meant to be played" isn't possible. There for the original designers efforts to make a working version of Half-Life 2 that you can RP in is now totally in vain.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:04 am

Silverdisc wrote:

Because in this post, you implied you would cause IC death through not having food.

You horribly misunderstood me then, I will not cause IC dead by not having food. Bravo said that rebels could die from actually trying to get food. Well that should happen. Rebels should Icly try to get food (with this plugin or not) and if they get caught taking food, they could die. I wasn't going to just kill them, I meant that if they tried to get food they could die if they were caught.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverdisc on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:52 am

Also referring to this post:
General Bravo wrote:Not directly. It has the potential to do so indirectly by setting up situations that would not otherwise happen.

Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm

I think it truly forces rebels to actually scavenge for food (there could be food spawners) or take risks to get food, instead of chilling in the bases where they would IC starve to death. CCA this would be removed for because they eat and sleep sufficiently. This provides citizens actual worth to food, however, and gives them PassiveRP to beg for food instead or other things and going to rations for food, not only going to rations for tokens and throwing out the supplements because they are useless. This also causes RealismRP.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 pm

+Support

I think the server would need something like this
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Tygunner wrote:+Support

I think the server would need something like this

"By Submitting a suggestion based thread on this forum, you the user agree that you must not add in a Poll until sufficient support and educated/justified responses are given towards your topic." ~ Thread Rules

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Honestly, I think this would hinder the server slightly. I've been on plenty hl2rp servers and owned one myself for a time. Yes, I think that it adds a great deal of rp and realism to the game. However, Like Holler and Bravo said; Its great in theory, bad idea in practice. Most people find it aggervating to have to stop rp for IC reasons like food. If people ICed getting food after an rp or something of that nature, It would make sense and I would +support this. However, we all know that rps take forever and even then, no one would follow up on it. I think that it's just an annoyance to the players, even with its great potential if we could somehow fix some of the problems it would cause in the server. If any of that makes sense. If not, I'll ellaborate. Soooooooo -Support.
DarknessBalancesoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and stick a poll onto this.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Maybe we should give it a trial run.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Suiko wrote:Maybe we should give it a trial run.
Seems fair. Even still, I'd find it annoying. Also, Why is the server still down? Its 3/28...Did something go wrong?
DarknessBalancesoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:15 pm

DarknessBalancesoul wrote:
Seems fair. Even still, I'd find it annoying. Also, Why is the server still down? Its 3/28...Did something go wrong?

Slash locked it for building and then didn't give staff the password Lol  Razz 

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:
DarknessBalancesoul wrote:

Slash locked it for building and then didn't give staff the password Lol  Razz 

So the server won't be on for a long time?
DarknessBalancesoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 pm

It will be on shortly.(aka when slash arrives from swaglandia)
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarknessBalancesoul on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Suiko wrote:It will be on shortly.(aka when slash arrives from swaglandia)
I'm not trying to be hasty but I do want to get on the server ( I have one free day of homework, I want to rp with it Very Happy) Soooo yeah. That will be about an hour, correct?
DarknessBalancesoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Sure.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -ChocolateSprinklez- on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:49 pm

I think The Plugin is neccesary, Webuls Run around Without Rping eating or drinking. This will teach more discipline to People who just hold on to food, But there should be Other ways to get food other than stands and Rations (Cause of Webuls). And If this is added food should be served more.
-ChocolateSprinklez-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 pm

I second that notion. There is a poll, restating if you did not see Bravo's post.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverdisc on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 pm

-ChocolateSprinklez- wrote:I think The Plugin is neccesary, Webuls Run around Without Rping eating or drinking. This will teach more discipline to People who just hold on to food,
The thing is, the people who we call webuls are generally failrp'ers, and I doubt that they will care about this system. They'll probably just ignore it. I don't think that the few people who would actually RP it correctly need to be forced to, since they are the few people who would also RP it without a system in place.

The main thing I hate about needs plugins is that they use OOC time. In IC time, you would get hungry just a few minutes after you last ate, because in OOC time, this could be an hour.

Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next