53% 53% 
[ 10 ]
47% 47% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 19

Primary Needs

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:23 pm

The Primary features are as follow;

Hunger: Over time, a Character will get hungry. When maximum hunger is reached you will get Blurred vision, lowered stats, and Stamina won't regenerate. Hunger is lowered by eating food items.

Thirst: A character will become thirsty quicker than they will become hungry. When maximum thirst is reached, a player will suffer blurred vision, and lowered attributes. Thirst is lowered by drinking fluids such as water.

Sleep: Sleep is the slowest to come into effect, however once it does you will suffer slightly reduced Attributes, blurred vision, and will get KO's at random times, due to your inability to stay awake. Sleep is staved off with Stimulants such as coffee, or by Sleeping with /Sleep.

Secondary features include several admin commands for modifying Hunger, thirst, or sleep. (/CharSetHunger, /CharSetThirst, /CharSetSleep respectively).

There is also a /Sleep command that will Ragdoll the player for 30 Seconds, and removes 50 points from their overall Sleep. /Sleep can ONLY be used if your sleep level Exceeds 70 points.

I know it is broken, but it is an easy fix. I can code in all food items and make some reduce or gain hunger / thirst / sleep.

Example (Eating salty peanuts will decrease hunger but increase thirst)

I can also change the variables so it takes longer or shorter, or I could remove sleep if people don't like it.

Please do +support or -support based with your opinion.

This could increase RP because now people will need to actually care about food. Rebels will have to go out and get food, deliver food to citizens, etc. Sleep well, now we actually need sleep RP Smile

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Primary Needs

Post by General Bravo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:49 pm

-support. Good idea on paper, usually just annoying in practice even without the forced /me's. All the little stat bars take away from people's RP until we start getting people lolrunning around threatening each other to try and get food and drink while the Combine forces just let them hunger games each other to death for a while. I suppose for me it could depend on just how long these bars take to deplete.

Also, sleepRP is pretty much the most boring thing ever. And I've actually done it a handful of times on TC, so I know.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Well I can set the hunger time so how many amount of seconds so whatever time you think is best I can add that.

For sleep you just go to bed, type /me goes to sleep. then /sleep and you go unconscious for a few seconds and you are good.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:04 pm

I +support it if you can actually get it to work properly and be less intrusive. My attributes are permanently hindered because it was removed while I was starving/dehydrated and unable to fix it.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 pm

- Support  For the exact same reason Bravo has voted it down. The addon is essentially a good idea but it is not good for an rp server. Tossed up with that medic rp plugin you wanted to add in, you then turn the game into a mixture of dayz with some rp elements because you are constantly worrying about your hunger needing to be managed or you will die. Too micromanaged and when people are having deep conversations or action rp which takes a while or interrogation rp, that stuff will be slowly wearing down and then we have to oocly spawn in some food or something to stop it. 

I personally love silver's better and for one solid reason, it is nothing forced upon the player, it uses rp how rp is meant to be used. It will force a /me when they are hungry. The only reason it was broken on TC is because of the junkmod which silver did say he could make compatible with his own hunger mod.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:37 pm

It will not kill you.... EVER. The worst it will do is effect your screen (Make it a little blurry) or lower your attributes.

Plus with all the /me's people overlooked it and never actually did anything about it. With this people's screens would be slightly affected and it would make them want to take care of their hunger.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Slashraider wrote:It will not kill you.... EVER. The worst it will do is effect your screen (Make it a little blurry) or lower your attributes.

Plus with all the /me's people overlooked it and never actually did anything about it. With this people's screens would be slightly affected and it would make them want to take care of their hunger.
Yes but then the blurriness just becomes an annoying ooc thing on their screen which they just want to get rid of, and then there will be a bunch of people always complaining about a blurry screen because generally servers don't use primary needs because of the reasons General and I stated. The /me 's were only overlooked because the plugin was broken in the first place, the /me's are more workable in rp because it is actually forcing a clockwork command upon somebody and encouraging them to actually rp it not just having a blurry screen which they may or may not deal with in the same manner involving /me's.

A lot of people complain it also drops their fps sufficiently.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 pm

The /me's were removed from Silver's Hunger mod anyways.

I'll see what other player's think about this though.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volatile_tnt on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:52 pm

neutral In my opinion, this has an equal amount of positives and negatives, and this is how I see them.

Positives:
More citizen RP
More benefits to being a loyalist (i.e. less hunger blur)
More access to lambda (trusted people making food runs)
Actual use for CAH rooms (beds and such)
Added affect of realism

Negatives:
Affects pop of server (this is huge)
May affect lambda/criminals more
Dependency on other materials may affect current RP
Affects Vorts (what do vorts drink)

I think that lambda (at least those that are know) having to depend on trusted people that are unknown friends of lambda would be good for the trusted people, as it may be another way into lambda, but this dependency on the weekly food/drink shipment would affect how lambda operates. Now I'm saying this purely as a non-lambda member so of course I could just sound like an idiot but this is how I see it.

As for what I said about pop, people that are not that dedicated to RP probably wouldn't want to deal with this sort of realism. This could be considered good, because it would root out good rpers from bad rpers, as in dedicated people from non-dedicated people, but I think any pop is good even if it is a bunch of new, not so dedicated rpers
volatile_tnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 am

I've actually played on a lot of successful servers with this mod, so +SUPPORT. It makes it so the Lambda doesn't just hide in D6 all day, because ICly they would starve to death unless they could actually have a food source. You could add items the Lambda could eat, like certain prey to hunt or old food spawners or something. Also, if you do implement this, make it so CCA don't have to eat/drink/sleep, that only interferes, however it would help with many factions such as CWU and Loyalist benefits are more wanted, as the above said, and also citizens are given something to do other than be in the plaza, watch beatings, and get beat. They try to find a way to stave off hunger every once in a while (you could make it longer to starve/dehydrate) so they aren't just talking to their "friends" about how the water has things that make you forget and how the combine suck.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:26 am

So far we have....

2 +supports
2 -supports
1 +-neutral

We will need more votes on this for me to make a decision. It works now (I tested it in a dev server) so that all food can be used with it. I can make it so CCA wouldn't have to eat, sleep, or drink (if you guys want that) and I can extend the time so it doesn't bother people that much.

If you honestly dislike this idea, please give a detailed reply as why you dislike it. It may be something I can add in the code, or just change it up a bit.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Super America on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 pm

-support I agree with both holler and Bravo, but volatile_tnt does make some good points.  But it is annoying as hell.

Edit: Sorry no detail, but everything I wanted to say was in bravo'
s/hollers.

Super America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Super America wrote:
Edit: Sorry no detail, but everything I wanted to say was in bravo'
s/hollers.

Please post your reason why, even if other player's have said it.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suiko on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:59 pm

I just think we need this because everybody is too OP. Nobody RPs eating or drinking or sleeping, even though citizens are mostly supposed to. Rebels would need to find food sources now, instead of just chillaxing in the sewers with vending machine doors guarding them from death. With this, they'd have to go out scavenging and start taking risks.
Suiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 pm

bump

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:56 pm

If you can code it not to affect some factoins and maybe remove the blur that annoys some people I would be willing to +Surrport it. but other then that my point of view on this is that it Get's annoying but people do need to Roleplay eatting I don't see that much it's like they are all robots not needing sleep ect So for now I'm going to watch this thread for a bit
Sophia_Orr_Voidwalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygunner on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:32 pm

I agree

+Support!
Tygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 pm

I still think people might just ignore anything that isn't forced on them(like sleep), and won't necessarily RP any of it. And then there's the risk of wiping out most of the rebels in the city because they decided they didn't feel like eating headcrab and tried to sneak stuff from a cafe or something.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:38 pm

A very true point, it will more or less be more of a nuisance to many, than an actually properly used rp factor.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 pm

So then people ignore it. This will just create a feel of "I need to it"

If it kills all the rebels because they actually need to get food now, so be it. It's canon. People had to eat. They tried smuggling food and died. Deal with it.

You take about trying to bring fear RP back, and this can create fear RP.

"Oh man where am I going to find food? Oh shit that CCA officer might see me with food I'm not supposed to have"

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:50 pm

3 -supports
4 +supports
1 neutral

I cannot make a decision about this yet. Try to debate and convience people as to why you picked your side.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Slashraider wrote:So then people ignore it. This will just create a feel of "I need to it"

If it kills all the rebels because they actually need to get food now, so be it. It's canon. People had to eat. They tried smuggling food and died. Deal with it.

You take about trying to bring fear RP back, and this can create fear RP.

"Oh man where am I going to find food? Oh shit that CCA officer might see me with food I'm not supposed to have"

Problem is, it doesn't seem like, it's going to be a thing of justice which enforces fear rp, as it is a plugin, a topping to the pizza, while the dough is still tainted and nasty beneath, not a bad topping, but the pizza is still baddish to begin with. Our server still has greater problems, this is only hiding the bad part of it underneath.

Last edited by Colonel HollerHavoc on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 am

It may be because it is late for me, but your analogies are not helping your argument Razz

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:23 am

Slashraider wrote:It may be because it is late for me, but your analogies are not helping your argument Razz
In your opinion maybe. Not a very hard analogy to grasp, a pizza needs to be good all around (our server). One bad element to that pizza, such as a bad topping, soils the taste and ultimately hinders the overall quality of that pizza, (once again, our server) So you either take the topping off, or replace it with a fresh and possibly similar topping.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:45 am

I understand it, I just wish you said in more detail about the "bad pizza" and how to fix it.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: