Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

What the actual hell.

Go down

What the actual hell.

Post by Atlas on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:05 pm

So there's this guy, steam name "Spike" and in-game character "Jeff E. Johns". He is relatively bad at RP and I learned today he does not like RPing without items. Tinder boxes, that is... He kept spamming these god damned camp fires everywhere and he can just spawn them whenever because someone gave her the permit to do so. What the hell is going on with this guy?

By the way, I banned him for an hour for lolrunning and spamming them.
Atlas
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What the actual hell.

Post by Slashraider on Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Yeah when we spawns items for crafting he would stay on the server for 3+ hours with no one on trying to collect them all. He is a "item whore"

Thank you for taking action.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:59 am

In other what the actual hell news, people seem to think it's okay to somehow obtain OTA armor and go waltzing around in the plaza wearing it like it's nothing. No, the OTA armor designed to stop Ar2 rounds is obviously the lightest thing around and can be easily walked and run around in. OTA armor is probably more heavier/uncomfortable than sitting like L from deathnote for a week.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:43 am

Actually, I do try to RP the weight of the uniform, however, it's not a suit of stone like people so seem to think it is. As for walking in the plaza, I don't see how instantly that particular OTA would immediately be recognized as "IT'S A SPAI KEEL!" Was BARNEY detected in that manner? No.

The only time you'll see me running with OTA gear on is probably OOC. I've agreed to void the plaza thing, even though it is perfectly plausible, so you guys can calm down.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Point 1: Overwatch suits are grafted to their wearers to some degree. You can see this taking place in Nova Prospekt if you look around a little bit. You wouldn't be able to wear the entire suit ICly, at most you could take parts off and wear them. But not the entire thing. Therefore, off that alone, you could be spotted.

Point 2: They may not be rocks, but they are still heavy, and you've been malnourished for well over a decade. It will take you a long damn time to even be able to walk in them without tiring easily, let alone jog or run.

Point 3: Barney makes sense, because if you take off a Civil Protection unit's armor, you find a normaly, [mostly] unaltered human inside. Not so with Overwatch.

Point 4: The Combine register lost biosignals. Overwatch had to die for anyone to have those suit pieces(because again, it's physically impossible to wear the full suit without alterations). Therefore it is possible that, upon seeing people running around in Overwatch armor who aren't registering with any database, they will target said people.

Now, personally, I'm not big on even allowing people to wear the stuff at all, so if this OTA armor stealing turns into yet another way to make resistance elements nigh-unkillable, that option will be taken.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Point 1: Actuly is tru, so it would make sense that you'd have to take parts off the uniform. You can see that npc_citizens with the rebel model actually have OverWatch padding here and there. Will modify my character accordingly to this.

Point 2: I'd say Point 1 nullifies this depending on how much of the armor you use.

Point 3: Yes, Barney is HEAVILY altered. I mean, LOOK at him!

Point 4: Still, doesn't mean insta-detection if the full suit is being worn. Considering it isn't now, then this point makes more sense.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Zaughi wrote:Point 1: Actuly is tru, so it would make sense that you'd have to take parts off the uniform. You can see that npc_citizens with the rebel model actually have OverWatch padding here and there. Will modify my character accordingly to this.

Point 2: I'd say Point 1 nullifies this depending on how much of the armor you use.

Point 3: Yes, Barney is HEAVILY altered. I mean, LOOK at him!

Point 4: Still, doesn't mean insta-detection if the full suit is being worn. Considering it isn't now, then this point makes more sense.
I'd also like to point out that OTA armor would not be the easiest thing to just take apart in two seconds by hand

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Zaughi wrote:

I would also like to point out that OTA are only out when they are called from stasis. You do not see OTA patrolling the streets randomly and if a unit saw that they would be VERY suspicious.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Seeing as Barney is a model and cannot be "looked at" thoroughly, in game models of CCA have NO EVIDENCE of any kind of alteration towards its host. The only way to tell is to go find the actually "suit less OTA" model. And that is only for OTA.

DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, I never gave that refugee guy his knife back, so we can assume that I used that to remove some of the armor padding. It makes more sense than wearing the full suit.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Wearing less of a suit makes more sense, but then it would also make sense for CCA to easily spot you. Surely without the full suit functioning your status is set to "OFFLINE" to all CCA Units. And even further, with the whole stasis thing, the question comes to hand, wont CCA Units ask why an OTA has been dispatched if there is no reason? And if that happens, wouldn't they just be able to tell right then and there that no OTA is online?

In theory it should he hella easy to spot a fake OTA. Fake CCA Units on the other hand can get trickey
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Right. Thus the voiding.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down