Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

"Hrimfaxi" Character applcation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Hrimfaxi" Character applcation

Post by Chris10023 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:11 pm

I have been establishing this character for a very long amount of time, and I feel I have put a sufficient amount of time and effort into legitimately developing him enough to be implemented into the server at the discretion of the community. Please do a +support or -support and a valid reason as to why you do/don't support it.

WARNING WALL OF TEXT INBOUND

Simon Tenma grew in a family of four, His mother and father, and his twerpy little brother Jim Tenma. Simon always bullied Jim whenever he got the chance; Simon was an ass to some people, including his teachers and other figures of authority. Growing up some people could see that Simon was off mentally, something never seemed right with him. Simon never struggled in high school, he was really intelligent, smart and often thought ahead on several assignments, he was a bully to most, but was really smart. After Simon had graduated from high school in the upper half of his class, and applied to collages, at this point in life Simon was a quiet reserved person, no longer the loud and rambunctious person he used to be when he was younger. Simon was studying thermodynamics and was working as an IT guy for the university he went to, and was a programmer. After collage, Simon moved to Japan, and was living a nice and quiet life when the portal storms happened and the evil oppressive race that called themselves the Combine invaded Earth. After 7 hours of hiding and keeping away from the intense fighting, the war was over, humanity finest soldiers couldn’t beat them and what was left of the human population was now being enslaved.
A few months after humanity lost the now termed “7 Hour War” Simon was in a Combine run city, the city being called “City 08” which sits on the former Japanese city of Tokyo. Simon was walking around the city, thinking to himself about what he can do, he could be like most people, endlessly wandering the streets without a purpose, he could trespass into D6 and look for the local resistance, or he could join the CCA metropolice force, which he did. Simon walked up to the nearest CP unit and asked about signing up, the unit nodded, then handed him a piece of paper for him to fill out “return to me when you’re finished” the unit bellowed, “I’ll look it over and either deny or accept you.” After Simon filled the form out as good as he could, he walked up the unit and handed him the form, the unit looked at it, resulting in a very tense moment of fear, “Alright, this is very good, you’re accepted, please follow me to get your gear and await instruction.” Simon followed and got the gear, “put that uniform and mask on, its standard stuff for new recruit.” The Unit then left, and Simon was left standing there for what felt like forever when another unit showed up, the unit yelled “Attention! You are a new recruit the CCA, and I will be saluted every time you see me!” The unit bellowed in a frightening voice, Simon stood up as straight as he could and saluted the unit. “I am Core-DvL.38074, your divisional leader!” Simon was gripped with fear `The DvL himself is training me’ Simon thought. “Unit, you are to follow me!” The DvL turned and left, Simon quickly followed, the DvL lead him to an area with a firing range. “Unit what are the ranks and divisions in order!?” The DvL barked furiously, “RcT, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01, EpU, OfC, DvL, CmD, and SeC. The divisions are Nova, Ghost, Core, and Helix.” Simon stated. “Wow didn’t think you could get them on the first try, not bad.” The DvL stated, impressed. The DvL moved on to the breech test and explained what to do when breeching and such, Simon passed it easily. After some more training the DvL handed Simon a 05 armband, and radioed for a unit to come and teach him how to patrol and detain citizens, soon the unit who accepted his application walked in and nodded asking for Simon to join him on a tour of the city. “This is the CAH, this is where the citizens stay, there are 3 floors to this building.” The unit stated, the tour continued and Simon learned the basics of how to detain and maintain order. Around the end of a tour a citizen was being belligerent to the two units, the unit giving Simon the tour, told Simon to detain, Simon nodded and approached the citizen. Simon ordered the man against the wall, and tied the man. “Apply!” Simon yelled, the citizen gave his name and cid knocked him out with his stunstick and dragged him to a cell, Simon felt like he could love this job. A few months had passed since he became a unit and he was now a 04, he was trained in how to question a citizen after detaining them by the DvL, Simon wasn’t very interested in questioning people, they were known to lie, and only higher ranked units were allowed to use force against citizens.
Simon was patrolling the streets when he heard shooting going on, he went to the 10-20 of the shooting and found a dead CCA unit, a 05, Simon couldn’t find the shooter, `Damn rebels’ Simon thought to himself as he radioed in the shooting and its location. Simon started thinking about which division he’d transfer to once he obtained the rank of 03, Nova sounded nice, Helix sounded too stressful, and Ghost needed an invitation to. Simon heard rumors from another unit that the Core DvL was once the first Ghost unit. “How do you know?” Simon asked the unit, “He seems different from other Core units, even from other DvLs.” The unit responded. Simon wasn’t going to dwell on just a rumor; Simon went to the DvL’s office and knocked on the door, “Come in.” Simon walked into the office, saluted with a sharp “Sir!” the DvL nodded “as you were, what do you need?” he asked, Simon put his arm down and asked “Sir, were you the first Ghost unit?” the DvL didn’t say anything for a bit but eventually got up and went to a locker. “Yeah you’re correct in that, I was the first Ghost unit.” The Dvl said as he unlocked the locker, inside was a suit, like the one he was wearing, but with green shoulder pads instead the blue on his current uniform, it was beaten and tattered from the use it had seen, the mask was dented in several places, he saw another mask, this one was shattered from the nose up, Simon asked about the mask. “I’d rather not talk about what shattered that mask.” The DvL responded. Simon nodded and started to walk out when the DvL stopped him. “Hey I have something for you.” Simon stopped and walked back to the desk, the DvL pulled out an armband, “What division would you like to join now that you will be a 03?” he asked. Simon responded without hesitation, “Nova, Sir.” The DvL nodded and handed him a 03 armband with a Nova armband as well. After some time had passed training and studying and developing electronical equipment Simon was a Nova-02, he had an understanding of the computer systems the CCA used, and put them to great use. Simon even asked the Core-DvL if he could train him in hand to hand combat, which he did, during these sparring sessions Simon eventually learned how to hold his own in one on one combat with the Core-DvL and occasionally beat him a few times. A few months had passed and Simon was now a Nova-01, a well-respected unit amongst the CCA and was often called to help backup other units who were dealing with an unruly citizens, Simon also was an expert in killing necrotics and was often sent to go deal with them, sometimes alone, Simon also placed traps for the necrotics along several chokepoints that citizens were never around. After a month the Core DvL and some other units were transferred to City 18, Simon declined the offer to transfer to City 18. One humid day, Simon was patrolling along the street when he heard an odd sound; a sound of a bottle rolling across the concrete, Simon turned his head towards it. It wasn’t windy at all that day, `That’s odd something must’ve moved the bottle’ Simon thought as he radioed in about it and his current location. Simon walked over to the bottle picked it up and was about to throw it away when he was attacked from the rear, a fist smacked him in the back of the head, Simon fell, unconscious.
Simon awoke several hours later tied up to a chair in a musty area, his vision was either blurred or whoever attacked him put a blindfold over his eyes. Simon heard voices off to his left, two of them, one was a man, and the other sounded like a female. The man stood at 5’11 and had some muscles; he had brown hair and some 5 o’clock shadow, and had blue eyes. The female was around 5’7 tall, and had what look like red hair; Simon could get a good look at her eyes. “What are we going to do with him?” “I don’t know, we can’t kill him or the CCA will come running looking for him.” “Well we could always just interrogate him.” The two discussed, with Simon growing more and more nervous as to what they were going to do o him. “Alright let’s do this then, grab that knife and heat it up.” The man took the blindfold off of Simons face and looked at him, “Pucker up, if you give us the info we want we don’t have to hurt you.” The man asked, “W-what do you want?” Simon asked. The man responded with a harsh tone “Where are you keeping the food and water supplies, and the locations of Nexus entrances and exits.” Simon didn’t answer, he didn’t know why the food and water was important to the resistances cause, and both of them didn’t look very malnourished like some citizens did, unless they were going to feed them the supplies. "Wrong answer, Gina hand me the knife.” Simon saw the female hand him the knife. After several excruciating minutes the torture was over. `Where’s the CCA? Why aren’t they looking for me’ Simon thought after they finished burning his face. The man put blind fold back on Simon and walked him back to city limits, when he got there the man knocked Simon out again, and put the mask back on before vanishing. After a few hours Simon awoke on the cold hard ground, and found himself in a dark abandoned ally, he got up and stumble towards the nexus, he tried radioing his fellow units but found out the rebels destroyed his in helmet radio. Simon collapsed, almost reaching the nexus; he turned himself over onto his back and rested. Soon the door opened and another unit walked out and saw Simon laying there and radioed for a Helix unit to come and help him bring Simon to a med bay. Simon woke up a day after being found in a hospital bed with a Helix Divisional standing over him. “You’ve been gone a while Nova-01, we lost radio contact with you about….5 weeks ago.” “Five weeks?!” Simon thought shocked at how long he was gone. “We were wondering what had happened to you some wanted to declare you dead. “ Simon was enraged, “They knew I went missing five weeks ago but yet never really searched for me?” he thought bitter. “Could you tell me anything of what happened?” “I was in a moist and muggy area, so I guess I was taken to the sewers, I saw two people, a man and a women, the man was 5’11 in height had brown hair and blue eyes, and the woman was 5’7 and had red hair and was called Gina.” The helix radioed the descriptions of the two and warned the other units to keep an eye out for the two and continued asked Simon questions. “What did they want?” he asked. “They wanted to know where the food and water supplies were at, and the entrances and exits to the nexus.” Simon responded. “You didn’t tell them anything did you?” He asked, “No Sir I didn’t.” Simon responded. “What did they do to you” the Helix asked curiously. Simon took his mask off and revealed the burns the man had given him with a knife. “Damn I didn’t know the rebels would go to such extremes to get information out of units.” The helix said, shocked. The Helix DvL healed Simon’s burns and sent him on his way, Simon felt betrayed, betrayed by his own friends, betrayed by the CCA as a whole, Simon though up something devious, something that would take a lot of planning and timing.
A few weeks had passed since Simon was found on the Nexus steps and he thought about faking his death and “transferring” to City 18 and blending in with them for a bit. Simon went to the Nova wing of the Nexus and started deleting his records from the network, and changing them to where he was found dead in the sewers. Simon grabbed a dead body from an amputation and put it into a NOVA suit with a copy of his armband. Simon then packed up his gear and headed out for City 18. Fortunately Simon found a way to get off of the island and onto the mainland. From there he snuck aboard Combine trains that were going in the direction of City 18. A few weeks of riding trains and fighting to stay alive Simon had made it to City 18 and arrived in the Nexus, showing a false transfer request. The unit reading nodded and accepted Simon into the ranks of the City 18 Metropolice force. Simon went straight to work on a suit for him to wear when he makes his move, the suit was black and had a standard CCA Kevlar before he modified it to take more damage and still be as light. The mask was something special, black with two glowing eyes with a skull painted on. The pants had a white stripe going down the sides. Simon was proud of this suit. Simon was working in the Nova bay when he thought about when and where he should go and hide the suit; he did some scouting in the slums with a scanner and spotted an old run down restaurant called the “Fat Nargodian.” “That looks like a suitable spot.” Simon thought to himself. Simon radioed a DvL and asked if he could patrol the outskirts of the slums, Simon was given the ok and he grabbed the case with the suit and headed out. He opened the back door to the nexus and was in the slums, he had calculated his patrol route, and started walking in a standard patrol pattern, when Simon approached the Nargodian he searched the area and hid the briefcase in a seclude spot and continued to patrol D6 and went back inside. Simon went into the break room for some lunch, the thought that City 08 might contact City 18 about Simon crossed his mind, but he didn’t think about it, by the time City 08 and 18 would figure out what was going on he will be long gone.
A month had passed in City 18 and Simon was ready to make his move, he proceeded to the same thing as he did in City 08 fake his death and wipe any information they had on him. Simon grabbed a dead zombie from the slums and went to change into his new suit and put a dead body of a zombie into his old suit and made it look like a headcrab got him. He took the armband off and put it into his pocket and then left the city entirely in search of a new city that didn’t know him.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Hrimfaxi" Character applcation

Post by Slashraider on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:17 am

Why does he feel betrayed by the CCA? They couldn't do anything for him. Why would he just leave the CCA?

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Slashraider wrote:Why does he feel betrayed by the CCA? They couldn't do anything for him. Why would he just leave the CCA?

Cause he was pretty much tortured for 5 weeks? And they couldn't do anything for him? maybe you just answered your question, he was captured and missing for 5 weeks and was being tortured during that time, of course he's going to feel betrayed when he finds out they weren't looking for him.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Okay. If this gets accepted I have 2 rules for now:

1. You would start in the city and it's up to you to avoid CCA and whatnot, but I don't want you to just run to D6

2. If / When you do get to D6 you would still HATE the resistance. They tortured you for 5 weeks! You would want to kill them or give them payback. Or at least avoid them at all cost. They could have your picture that says u were a unit, or they could rat you out.

Tip: I'd assume you would still have some love for the combine and stil b pretty loyal to them. Not looking for them wouldn't make you hate them that much, just maybe lose same faith and not want to work for them.

These are guidelines and not strict rules. If it comes u do build a relationship with the resistance ICly then that's fine, these are just starting out rules.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Slashraider wrote:Okay. If this gets accepted I have 2 rules for now:

1. You would start in the city and it's up to you to avoid CCA and whatnot, but I don't want you to just run to D6

2. If / When you do get to D6 you would still HATE the resistance. They tortured you for 5 weeks! You would want to kill them or give them payback. Or at least avoid them at all cost. They could have your picture that says u were a unit, or they could rat you out.

Tip: I'd assume you would still have some love for the combine and stil b pretty loyal to them. Not looking for them wouldn't make you hate them that much, just maybe lose same faith and not want to work for them.

These are guidelines and not strict rules. If it comes u do build a relationship with the resistance ICly then that's fine, these are just starting out rules.

I think I would be able to trust Chris of managing a character like this.
Blukerbeh

View user profile http://tauwowdah.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm accepting this. If anyone has any objections or something of that nature, please step forward and say something.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:38 pm

"By Submitting a suggestion based thread on this forum, you the user agree that you must not add in a Poll until sufficient support and educated/justified responses are given towards your topic. If you do add a poll it will be revoked if added early."

I do not see how this should be accepted at all, no offense to Chris, but this has been up for only a few days and clearly nobody has had a chance to give enough sufficient insight. There are 1 support on this only, hardly enough to say that it could just be added in like that with minimum consent. Slash I really do not understand why you are adding this with 0 notice time. Wowdah gave 0 justification to his supporting of it. And if you want to put it bluntly, not even you gave a justified or informed response.

I haven't even had a chance to read this all through.

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Jenny Lanes: Alive, Finding her ground, Hope far from leaving her.

Doug Suddler: Alive, Surviving his way and his way only.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/hollerhavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Because IMO it wasn't that much of a special character.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Slashraider wrote:Because IMO it wasn't that much of a special character.
It's still asspulled, and it is a rogue. It's still your opinion, and literally nobody had a chance to give insight

HL2 Characters
CCA-C18-HELIX-DvL.64007: Alive, Observing over his divisions units/Enhancing his OCULUS AUG.

Hak'Navel: Alive, Freed Using his power to help The Great Rose and the rest of the Lambda and is thankful for his saviors.

Daniel Fernandez: Alive, Level 5 CWU, Doing whatever he possibly can to benefit the CCA.

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:11 pm

I do find that to be a problem. I'm leaning towards the "no" side here. Us generating completely fleshed-out rogues from thin air is a great way to get people upset over "staff privilege" or something of the like.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:16 pm

General Bravo wrote:I do find that to be a problem. I'm leaning towards the "no" side here. Us generating completely fleshed-out rogues from thin air is a great way to get people upset over "staff privilege" or something of the like.
Exactly, elitism is such a highly thought of things throughout players in the server.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:08 pm

General Bravo wrote:I do find that to be a problem. I'm leaning towards the "no" side here. Us generating completely fleshed-out rogues from thin air is a great way to get people upset over "staff privilege" or something of the like.

I knew you were going to say no, so there's no surprise there.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Okay, I'm going to have to side with General Bravo here for a reason. Firstly, I'm sorry I disappeared on you earlier, Chris, I had to represent my Crew at a meeting and I was on very short notice. However, watching you in action with this character, I was rather disappointed in how he had used the position. Here are a few log snippets from combatRP with him.

** 'Hrimfaxi' puts his hand on the mans shoulder forcing him to the ground.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: much pg
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: wow

[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: HI
*** Invalid sample rate (32000) for sound 'ambient\atmosphere\station_ambience_loop2.wav'.
** 'Hrimfaxi' comes outof nowhere and attacks
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: wtf hold on
** 'Hrimfaxi' pins you.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: wait wat
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: how did you

** Garry Cubbarnes loses sight of him and begins his retreat.
** 'Hrimfaxi' grabs the riflel from the smoke yanking it out of his hands.
** Garry Cubbarnes has rolled 52 out of 100.
[LOOC] 'Hrimfaxi': really?
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: Yes, really.
** 'Hrimfaxi' has rolled 7 out of 100.
** You grip the rifle, but the refugee pulls back on it. A few small beads of blood form on your hand... nothing serious. Don't be touching sharp Combine metal next time.
** Garry Cubbarnes attempts to shut the door.
[LOOC] 'Hrimfaxi': bullshit
[LOOC] 'Hrimfaxi': you are not superman in that fucking suit.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: Well, you can do something like: '/me isn't able to grab the rifle, instead grabbing a bunch of smoke and shit.'
** 'Hrimfaxi' runs at the man full force pinning him against the wall.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: hold on there

Honestly, this was powergame to the max, COTA armor or not. If you will use the character in this way I cannot say that I support you using it.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Chris I know I asked you to make this app and I am very glad you took the time to make it, but, I am going to have to -support it for several reasons. The general one being that I am wanting this character to be very complex and not so bland. I want you to have a good developed character and it is purely constructive criticism.

- First there are many questions longing to be asked, starting with his childhood. I want to know a lot more about him than that he has a mom and a dad and a brother who he teases named Jim. I want to know about his drives, his impulses, his dreams, goals, etc. I want to know his parental influences in as much detail as possible. They didn't even have names... Most of his connection to his school life and friends are so bland and empty. I wish to know more about his accomplishments in high-school what he looked to become if he was so smart and why, the complications of becoming his dream and more. I want to know about his sympathetic emotional side, his difficulties and flaws I want to know much more than you have given. I was looking for his connections and relationships with his community more than you included, sure he is troubled with his teachers and such but why? What would drive him to be like that? Did he have a childhood tragedy? How does he just become so smart all of a sudden? I want to know about more of his relationship with Tim and some experiences with him and his family which relate to the future.

- I want to know more about what happened during the 7 hour war. It was all so rushed and you never know where he was, what he was doing, etc. I am looking for a scenario of something he was doing and how he avoided being captured or killed and most importantly how he got to the city. Was he scared? Concerned for his parents? Would he not care about all the people around him dying? What would he think? There are just so many unanswered questions man.

- There are many punctual and questionable errors, such as where he is all the time and such. I can never tell what area he is in at all. The attention to detail is very low as well

- His ranking up and unit rp life was so blank and rushed it just makes me feel so terrible for all of the rpers out there putting time and effort into developing their units and then you just getting this already ranked 01 rogue. The emotional drives and past life almost seem to break off after the 7 hour war almost as if he is a new person.  Why does he want to become a nova so bad other than it just seeming good and being unstressful. Most importantly there is no detailed loyalist or way of knowing why he even mentally was inclined into joining the CCA or UU at all. The entire CCA is meant to be stressful.

- The way he actually ended up roguing was very iffy. Why would he just leave and search for the rebels or people who had captured him? Why is the biggest question unanswered in this backstory/development application. What would make him drop all of that CCA luxury that he spent years obtaining, being brainwashed to the point of 01 to just drop it all to leave for these few people who captured him in the sewers. It doesn't make sense to me.

Overall the thought and creation and ambition of getting this character added is very nice but it just doesn't satisfy me for this character to be added based off of this underdeveloped backstory.

I am sorry.

HL2 Characters

Colonel HollerHavoc
Dog of War

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Zaughi wrote:Okay, I'm going to have to side with General Bravo here for a reason. Firstly, I'm sorry I disappeared on you earlier, Chris, I had to represent my Crew at a meeting and I was on very short notice. However, watching you in action with this character, I was rather disappointed in how he had used the position. Here are a few log snippets from combatRP with him.

** 'Hrimfaxi' puts his hand on the mans shoulder forcing him to the ground.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: much pg
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: wow

[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: HI
*** Invalid sample rate (32000) for sound 'ambient\atmosphere\station_ambience_loop2.wav'.
** 'Hrimfaxi' comes outof nowhere and attacks
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: wtf hold on
** 'Hrimfaxi' pins you.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: wait wat
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: how did you

** Garry Cubbarnes loses sight of him and begins his retreat.
** 'Hrimfaxi' grabs the riflel from the smoke yanking it out of his hands.
** Garry Cubbarnes has rolled 52 out of 100.
[LOOC] 'Hrimfaxi': really?
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: Yes, really.
** 'Hrimfaxi' has rolled 7 out of 100.
** You grip the rifle, but the refugee pulls back on it. A few small beads of blood form on your hand... nothing serious. Don't be touching sharp Combine metal next time.
** Garry Cubbarnes attempts to shut the door.
[LOOC] 'Hrimfaxi': bullshit
[LOOC] 'Hrimfaxi': you are not superman in that fucking suit.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: Well, you can do something like: '/me isn't able to grab the rifle, instead grabbing a bunch of smoke and shit.'
** 'Hrimfaxi' runs at the man full force pinning him against the wall.
[LOOC] Garry Cubbarnes: hold on there

Honestly, this was powergame to the max, COTA armor or not. If you will use the character in this way I cannot say that I support you using it.

you forgot the part where your malnorished citizen wearing KING armor can hear and turn all the way around to face a guy running at you from less than 10-15F feet away.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:44 pm

We were in a small, enclosed lobby... which the thing in full span is about 15 feet maximum. Also, malnourishment has no effect on hearing... but being caught near the explosion of a grenade does. Razz
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:31 am

Holler I redid the backstory adding and removing stuff you brought up I really hope I did a better job.

EVEN BIGGER WALL OF TEXT INBOUND

Simon Tenma grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in a family of four, His mother Haley Tenma and father John Tenma, and his twerpy little brother Jim Tenma. Simon always picked on Jim whenever he got the chance, Jim always fought back, but the two bothers loved each other. Simon always got along with his family and teachers. Simon was a very intelligent kid growing up, acing every test that came his way. Simon was a very tech savvy kid, tinkering with various electronics and even helping his Father fix the family car when it was in need of repairs or general maintenance. Simon had never struggled in high school; he often thought ahead on several assignments. After Simon had graduated from high school in the upper half of his class, and applied to collages. After Simon was accepted into a good college he studied thermodynamics and was working as an IT guy for the university he went to, and was a programmer. After graduating from collage, Simon moved to Japan, and was living a nice and quiet life working at a website designer and programmer, even pushing out a few flash games. When the portal storms started to appear, Simon looked out his window and saw and army pouring out of a portal above the city nearby.  Simon went running and looked for a nice place to hide, he found a small shed behind a now abandoned home and entered closing the door and hoping no one would notice. Simon heard the combat outside, a variety of explosions gunfire crackling in the distance. Simon was very afraid of what was happening outside, he didn’t want to die. Simon now started worrying about his family, he didn’t want them caught up in the crossfire, he worried the most about Jim, not wanting him to come to harm. After a few hours and the explosions and gunfire had died down to a concerning level, Simon peaked out of the shed to see what was happening, the city was ablaze, fires were in buildings and some had collapsed, the area appeared to be in smoking ruins. Simon looked and saw a gunship zipping around, a weird organic gunship, like nothing he’d ever seen before, it was tan with a white bottom, and with the rotor in the back of it rather in the middle, and it had no visible tail rotor. Simon stepped out of the shed to see two humanoid figures that were the Combine soldiers standing outside, “Hands above your head!” They barked, Simon did so and was escorted to the center of the city. Humanity had lost its war with the Combine.
A few months after humanity lost the now termed “7 Hour War” Simon was in a Combine run city, the city being called “City 08” which sits on the former Japanese city of Tokyo. Simon was worried about what happened to his family back in America, “I hope they’re still alive, Haley, John and Jim, I really don’t want anything bad to happen to them, and I love them so much.” Simon worriedly thought to himself. Simon was walking around the city in a slow worried pace, thinking to himself about what he can do, he could be like most people, endlessly wandering the streets without a purpose, he could trespass into D6 and look for the local resistance, or he could join the CCA metropolice force, the Metro police force seemed like the best idea at the time, as you were fed a decent amount of food and had a good place to sleep. Simon dwelled on the decision to sign up to the metropolice for a few days, Simon rented an apartment, and sat in a old rickety char, and started thinking about the positives and negatives on signing up, on the plus side he would be fed a really good amount of food, he would have a better place to sleep, he would also be a great addition to their ranks, and he could protect his family if they were in the city. But on the negative side, his life would be in danger every day, he could wash out and possibly be killed for it, and he might end up having to detain a family member if they were to show up in the city. Simon got up and went to the bed, laying down, the bed's frame squeaking under his weight, Simon decided to sleep on it before deciding. Simon woke up the next morning, and decided that the positives outweighed the negatives. Simon got dressed and walked down the stairs, and out the door and started to look for a CCA unit, after a few minutes of looking around, Simon found a unit. Simon then walked up to the nearest CP unit which was standing by the apartments,  and asked about signing up, the unit nodded, then handed him a piece of paper for him to fill out “Return to me when you’re finished.” the unit bellowed, “I’ll look it over and either deny or accept you.” Simon walked into an apartment by a fountain and sat down at a table holding a pen in his hand, Simon started filling the application out, filling in the necessary information as needed, he got up and opened the door and  walked up the unit and handed him the now filled out form, the unit looked at it, resulting in a very tense moment of fear, “Alright, this is very good, you’re accepted, please follow me to get your gear and await instruction.” Simon followed the unit to the nexus, after passing a zig-zag like checkpoint and past a hologram of the Combines logo he look at the nexus a massive building full of units. Simon and the unit climbed the steps to the nexus and went through the door, the unit told Simon to wait in the lobby and then went to grab the gear, after a few minute the unit returned holding a clean and folded uniform with a white mask on top of it “put that uniform and mask on, its standard stuff for new recruit.” Simon changed into the snug uniform and clipped the mask on. “You look nice.” the Unit said to Simon before returning to his patrol, and Simon was left standing there for what felt like forever when another unit showed up, this unit was bigger and more intimidating than the other one, the unit yelled in a thunderous voice “Attention! You are a new recruit the CCA, and I will be saluted every time you see me!” The unit bellowed in a frightening voice, Simon stood up as straight as he could and saluted the unit. “I am Core-DvL.38074, your divisional leader!” Simon was gripped with fear at the DvLs tremendous voice. “The DvL himself is training me, what an honor” Simon thought. “Unit, you are to follow me!” The DvL turned and left, Simon quickly followed, the DvL lead him to an area with a firing range, which was in the tunnel that was once used as a highway. “Unit what are the ranks and divisions in order!?” The DvL barked furiously, Simon was quiet for a moment thinking to himself before answering “RcT, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01, EpU, OfC, DvL, CmD, and SeC. The divisions are Nova, Ghost, Core, and Helix.” Simon stated. “Wow didn’t think you could get them on the first try, not bad.” The DvL stated, impressed. The DvL then handed Simon a 9mm and some ammo, then moved on to the breech test where a door was set up and explained what to do when breeching and such, Simon passed it easily. After some more training and target practice, the DvL instructed Simon to follow to his office which was across a bridge and to the left from where he came. The Dvl’s office was a darkroom with a desk, decorated with books, a personal computer terminal, and a file cabinet, with a cactus plant on top of it. Behind the desk was a large window overlooking the Ration Distribution Center. When the Dvl was behind his desk he opened up a drawer and pulled out and handed Simon a 05 armband, and radioed for a unit to come and teach him how to patrol and detain citizens, soon the unit which was a Helix-03 walked in to the DvLs office and looked at the DvL, saluted then turned to Simon asking for Simon to join him on a tour of the city. They left the nexus and started on the tour, went back through the zig-zaged checkpoint and moved along, “This to out left is the Café the CWU runs it and people eat stuff here in exchange for tokens.” The unit stated, they continued and turned right when the sidewalk did, “To your left is the pharmacy, another CWU run store, citizens can get pain killers and anti-depressants for tokens. Right next to the pharmacy is the loyalist apartment; the loyalists live here, and have a lot of space compared to the normal room of the other two apartments, and across from this apartment building is the CAH, this is where most of the citizens stay, there are 3 floors to this building.” The unit stated, the tour continued and Simon learned the basics of how to detain and maintain order. Around the end of a tour by the same fountain Simon had asked for an application to the CCA, an older looking citizen with greying hair and some wrinkle was being belligerent to the two units, shouting profanities and talking about the downfall of the Combine. The Helix giving Simon the tour, told Simon to go and detain the middle-aged man, Simon nodded and approached the citizen. Simon ordered the man against the wall, and tied the man with some zip-ties. “Apply!” Simon yelled, the citizen gave his name and CID; Simon looked at the other unit “Now you have to knock him out with your stunstick.” The unit said, Simon was reluctant, he didn’t want to knock him out but had to, he raised his stunstick activating it with a buzz of electricity and started hitting the man over the head until he fell unconscious. Simon grabbed the man by the collar of his dirty blue shirt and dragged him to a cell, Simon felt like he could love this job. After a few months had passed since he became a unit and after detaining dozens of citizens and even helping to stop a riot in the plaza he was now a 04, he was now trained in how to question a citizen after detaining them by the DvL.
Simon was patrolling the streets by the Loyalist apartments one humid afternoon when he heard shooting going on, he rushed to the 10-20 of the shooting and found a dead CCA unit by an old, rusty rundown car in a restricted area of the city, it was a 05, a new one by the looks of his suit. Simon couldn’t find the shooter after looking around the immediate area, they must’ve ran off, “Damn those rebels” Simon thought to himself as he radioed in the shooting and its location, after 3 units arrived, a Core-03, a Core-02, and a Helix-01. Simon debriefed them informing them of the shots sounding like a 9mm handgun, short and quick pops. While eating his dinner after his afternoon patrol had ended, Simon had started thinking about which division he’d transfer to once he obtained the rank of 03, Nova sounded nice, Simon was very good with machines and electronic equipment, Helix sounded too stressful, and Ghost needed an invitation to. One morning before he started his daily patrol Simon heard rumors from a Core-05 that the Core DvL was once the first Ghost unit. “How do you know?” Simon asked the unit, sitting down in the mess hall with his plate of breakfast “He seems different from other Core units, even from other DvLs.” The unit responded. Simon wasn’t going to dwell on just a rumor; Simon went to the DvL’s office and knocked on the door, “Come in.” Simon walked into the office, saluted with a sharp “Sir!” the DvL nodded “as you were, what do you need?” he asked, Simon put his arm down and asked “Sir, were you the first Ghost unit?” the DvL didn’t say anything for a few moments but eventually got up and went to a locker. “Yeah you’re correct in that, I was the first Ghost unit.” The DvL said as he unlocked the locker, inside was a suit, like the one he was wearing, but with green shoulder pads instead the blue on his current uniform, it was beaten and tattered from the use it had seen, the mask was dented in several places, he saw another mask, this one was shattered from the nose up, Simon asked about the mask. “I’d rather not talk about what shattered that mask.” The DvL responded it seemed the DvL was reflecting on what caused it. Simon nodded and started to walk out of the gloomy office when the DvL stopped him. “Hey I have something for you.” Simon stopped and walked back into the room, the DvL pulled out an armband, “What division would you like to join now that you will be a 03?” he asked. Simon though about it for a few moments before saying “Nova, Sir.” The DvL nodded and handed him a 03 armband with a Nova armband as well. Simon was happy he made it to 03 and was a Nova unit now; he had a greater responsibility now than what he once did.  
After some time had passed training and studying and developing electronical equipment and doing the regular CCA stuff such as detaining an interrogating citizens and criminals, Simon was a Nova-02, he had an understanding of the computer systems the CCA used, and put them to great use. Simon even asked the Core-DvL if he could train him in hand to hand combat, which he did, during these sparring sessions Simon eventually learned how to hold his own in one on one combat with the Core-DvL and occasionally beat him a few times. One day while patrolling by the old city fountain, Simon seen a suspicious man near the D6 entrance, Simon approached and questioned the man, he gave no clear answer, this man could have been a rebel or just mentally unfit, Simon detained and questioned the man, what he got was disturbing, threats and more threats, even a threat to the administrator, Dr. Hiroshi Saga, Simon interrogated the man trying to figure out the movements and the details of the threats, the man’s resolve didn’t wavier as he didn’t speak even when faced with death. Simon radioed what he could and amputated the man.  A few days had passed since the interrogation of the man, and nothing had happened, perhaps the man’s amputation put a stop the plans when suddenly, Simon felt the earth shake below, ant lions! Simon was quick to rush the citizens to higher ground in the apartments, before returning to the ground near the main apartments by the pharmacy, Simon’s attention was all over the place trying to find where the buggers would be coming from, left or right, he saw one then two coming from his left, followed by dozens, Simon radioed for backup and some extra units came to help ward off the dangerous creatures, after the attack was done and the ant lion horde pushed back into the holes they came out of, it was safe once more inside the city. Simon had some citizens clean the ant lion blood of the walls and had a few more fill in the holes the ant lions dug up. And he orders a cleanup crew to take the fallen ant lion bodies and have them burnt.
A few months had passed and Simon was now a Nova-01, a well-respected unit amongst the CCA and was often called to help backup other lower ranking units who were dealing with unruly citizens, Simon also became an expert in killing necrotics and exogen and often was sent to go deal with them, often alone, Simon also placed traps for the necrotics along several chokepoints that citizens were never around. A month later the Core DvL and some other units were transferred to City 18, Simon declined the offer to transfer to City 18 he knew the city like the back of his hand. One humid day, Simon was patrolling along the street by the Pharmacy when he heard an odd sound; a sound of a bottle rolling across the concrete, Simon turned his head towards it, the bottle rolled out of the nearby ally. It wasn’t windy at all that day, “That’s odd something or someone must’ve moved the bottle” Simon thought as he radioed in about it and his current location. Simon cautiously walked over to the bottle picked it up and turned around and headed for a garbage bin to throw it away when he was attacked from the rear, a fist smacked him in the back of the head, as Simon was falling to the cold hard concrete below, his life flashed before his eyes, then blacked out.
Simon awoke several hours later tied up to a chair in a musty area, he knew it had to be the sewers, he heard water flowing nearby, and water dripping with the constant *Bloop* every five or ten seconds. Simon looked around it was black, he couldn’t see, whoever attacked him put a blindfold over his eyes and took his mask off. Simon heard voices off to his left, two of them, one was a man, and the other sounded like a female. The man walked towards Simon and took the blindfold off of Simon. The man stood at 5’11 and had some muscles; he had brown hair and some 5 o’clock shadow, and had blue eyes and a scar running down the left cheek. The female was around 5’7 tall, and had what look like red hair; Simon couldn’t get a good look at her eyes.  “What are we going to do with him?” “I don’t know, we can’t kill him or the CCA will come running looking for him.” “Well we could always just interrogate him.” The two discussed, with Simon growing more and more nervous as to what they were going to do o him. “Alright let’s do this then, grab that knife and heat it up.” The man looked at Simon “Pucker up, if you give us the info we want we don’t have to hurt you.” The man asked, “W-what do you want?” Simon asked. The man responded with a harsh tone “Where are you keeping the food and water supplies, and the locations of Nexus entrances and exits.” Simon didn’t answer, he didn’t know why the food and water was important to the resistances cause, and both of them didn’t look very malnourished like some citizens did if they didn’t eat their rations, unless they were going to feed them the supplies. "Wrong answer, Gina hand me the knife.” Simon saw the female hand him the hot knife. The man took the knife and started to burn his face. After several excruciating minutes, the torture was over. “Where’s the CCA? Why aren’t they looking for me?” Simon thought after they finished burning his face.  “Now why did you join the CCA?” He asked Simon “For safety and it was the better option. The Union is Humanity’s next step” Simon responded. “Well he’s brainwashed, we can break that, brainwashing isn’t infallible.” the man said grinning, Several hours of being beaten by the rebel Simon was almost convinced the CCA was bad, but he still resisted, “No they can’t be bad they gave me so much, food safety, and I’m maintaining order” Simon responded. “Yeah they give their units food and stuff but not the citizens on the streets who starving and dehydrated!” The man said, kicking Simon in the gut. “The CCA feed them all the time with rations.” Simon responded. “Those rations aren’t enough, people are still starving and dying of malnourishment. Open your eyes you bloody fool!” He says again, punching Simon in the face giving him a black eye. The brainwashing was starting break, “That…that can’t be true.” Simon said back unsure if the man was telling the truth. “I assure you, it is, look over there, see that man? He was crawling on his hands and knees begging us for food.” Simon was shocked, he could see the man’s ribs from under his blue shirt. “The CCA are evil, they only care for the labor we provide them and giving out false promises of enlightenment, and those loyalists are no better.” The man said not hitting Simon. “I..I don’t know what to say.” Simon said not knowing who to believe, the rebel or the CCA, was it true? That the CCA left citizens starving and malnourished? “Damn it where did I go wrong?!” Simon said with a tear flowing down his face, knowing his family is going through this. “Good your eyes are now opened to what is really going on. Now join us, the Lambda.” The man said with a hand held out. Simon looked up at the man “Not yet, I’d have to think about it first.” Simon said reluctant. “You have to think about it? After everything I told you?!” The man bellowed. “Whatever, come on.” The man said untying Simon from the chair, and pulling the now weakened Simon to the ally where he was initially attacked. When they got there the man knocked Simon out again, and put the mask back on before vanishing. After a few hours of unconsciousness, Simon awoke on the cold hard ground , and found himself in a dark abandoned ally across from the pharmacy, he got up and stared to walk towards the nexus but he was weak he hadn’t stood or walked since he was attacked, Simon started stumbling towards the nexus, he tried radioing his fellow units but found out the rebels destroyed his in helmet radio. Simon collapsed onto his knees and fell over onto the nexus steps, he turned himself over onto his back and rested letting out a sigh. Soon the door opened and another unit, a Core-03 walked out and saw Simon laying there and radioed for a Helix unit to come and help him bring Simon to a med bay. Simon woke up a day after being found in a hospital bed in a white room with a Helix Divisional standing over him. “You’ve been gone a while Nova-01, we lost radio contact with you about….4 weeks ago.” “Four weeks?!” Simon thought shocked at how long he was gone. “We were wondering what had happened to you, some wanted to declare you dead. “ Simon was enraged, “They knew I went missing four weeks ago but yet never really searched for me?” he thought bitter. “Could you tell me anything of what happened?” “I was kidnapped by rebels and they took me to  a moist and muggy area, so I guess I was taken to the sewers, I saw two people, a man and a women, the man was 5’11 in height had brown hair and blue eyes, and the woman was 5’7 and had red hair and was called Gina.” The helix radioed the descriptions of the two and warned the other units to keep an eye out for the two and continued asked Simon questions. “What did they want?” he asked. “They wanted to know where the food and water supplies were at, and the entrances and exits to the nexus.” Simon responded, not telling the DvL about the rebel’s words about the CCA. “You didn’t tell them anything did you?” He asked, “No Sir, I didn’t.” Simon responded. “What did they do to you” the Helix asked curiously. Simon took his mask off and revealed the burns the man had given him with a knife and a black eye. “Damn I didn’t know the rebels would go to such extremes to get information out of units.” The helix said, shocked. The Helix DvL healed Simon’s burns and sent him on his way, Simon felt betrayed, betrayed by his own friends, betrayed by the CCA as a whole. “Not only do they let the citizens starve and die, they don’t care about their units” Simon thought, enraged, first the words of the man now this, Simon hated the CCA now, his family is starving and dying and Simon couldn’t do anything about it. Simon then thought up something devious, something that would take a lot of planning and excellent timing.
A few weeks had passed since Simon was found half dead on the Nexus steps and while eating lunch before the afternoon patrol, he thought about faking his death and “transferring” to City 18 and blending in with them for a bit. After finishing his meal, Simon went to the Nova wing of the Nexus and went to a terminal, and started deleting his records from the network, and changing them to where he was found dead in the sewers, Simon then made sure it looked like no one tampered with the records at all. Simon then got up and went to the prison area, grabbed a dead body from an amputation and put it into a NOVA suit with a copy of his armband, and took the body and threw it into the sewers. Simon then packed up his gear and headed out for City 18. Simon snuck out of the city through the sewers and looked around for any boats,  fortunately Simon found a boat and a way to get onto the mainland. From there he snuck aboard Combine trains that were going in the direction of City 18. A few weeks of riding trains and fighting to stay alive Simon had made it to City 18 and arrived in the Nexus, showing a false transfer request he made back in City 08. The unit read the request, and nodded and accepted Simon into the ranks of the City 18 Metropolice force. After looking around the nexus and finding the Nexus bay on third level, Simon went straight to work on a suit for him to wear when he makes his move, the suit was black and had a standard CCA Kevlar before he modified it to take more damage and still be as light. The mask was something special, black with two glowing eyes with a skull painted on. The pants had a white stripe going down the sides. Simon was proud of this suit. Simon was working in the Nova bay when he thought about when and where he should go and hide the suit; he did some scouting in the slums with a scanner and spotted an old run down restaurant called the “Fat Nargodian.” “That looks like a suitable spot.” Simon thought to himself. Simon radioed a DvL and asked if he could patrol the outskirts of the slums, Simon was given the ok due to his previous affiliation with the unit from City 08 before they transferred and he grabbed the case with the suit and headed out. He opened the back door to the nexus and was now in the slums, Simon had to be careful he didn’t want to be captured again. Simon had calculated his patrol route, and started walking in a standard patrol pattern, when Simon approached the Nargodian he searched the area and hid the briefcase in a secluded spot and continued to patrol D6 and went back inside. Simon went into the break room for some lunch, the thought that City 08 might contact City 18 about Simon transfer crossed his mind, but he didn’t think about it, by the time City 08 and 18 would figure out what was going on he would be long gone. Simon finished his meal and went to do a patrol of City 18’s streets.
A month had passed in City 18 and Simon felt he was ready to make his move, he proceeded to the same thing as he did in City 08, fake his death and wipe any information they had on him. Simon grabbed a dead zombie from the slums and went to change into his new suit and put a dead body of a zombie into his old suit and made it look like a headcrab got him. He took the armband off and put it into his pocket and then left the city entirely in search of his family and what happened to them.

Last edited by Chris10023 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:
It's still asspulled, and it is a rogue. It's still your opinion, and literally nobody had a chance to give insight

I very badly misunderstood his character. I didn't think it was rogue. His backstory just makes it seem like he wanted to leave the CCA, and not become a rogue. I read it as he left his suit and ALL his items on the dead body and left. I was thinking he would just be a regular citizen but with that backstory so he would have to hide from the CCA. Not spawn with armor and weapons.

I see now, this is not the case so it is now Denied, until changes are made or more people vote on it.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm willing to reverse my -support decision if you can confirm to me that I won't see any more powergame from this character unless under very special circumstances.
Zaughi
Honored Individual

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Slashraider wrote:
Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:

I very badly misunderstood his character. I didn't think it was rogue. His backstory just makes it seem like he wanted to leave the CCA, and not become a rogue. I read it as he left his suit and ALL his items on the dead body and left. I was thinking he would just be a regular citizen but with that backstory so he would have to hide from the CCA. Not spawn with armor and weapons.

I see now, this is not the case so it is now Denied, until changes are made or more people vote on it.

Did you see my post above yours slash I redid the backstory, and made several changes
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Alpha on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:52 pm

After reviewing your new backstory I would give this my +Support on this. BUT His power must be toned down a bit (IE he isn't a total badass) and his hate for dim rebels must be great (After all they did torture him). Other then that yeah he has my support.
General Alpha
Operative Personnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

After reading the new backstory I am neutral

I still feel the character is a little OP. I would like for your character to have no weapons and no suit and to start out in the plaza. How else would you get into I17? The only way is through the train as the beach is currently sealed off.

I would be okay if your character smuggled a pistol on the train and still plaza RP'd but when you first made your character he just spawned into the slums with full armor and a gun. He walked up to resistance characters and refuges with no thought that they could know about what happened to you in the other cities.

I will change my vote to a +support if you change the story so he has to ditch the suit (too many people have cca suits) and you came through the city and stayed in the city. I would like to see this character plaza rp for a while because ICly he wouldn't just walk into D6 because he hates the resistance at the moment and he could think that he could die if he went back there.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
Anti-citizen(s) :

Slashraider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Chris10023 wrote:
you forgot the part where your malnorished citizen wearing KING armor can hear and turn all the way around to face a guy running at you from less than 10-15F feet away.
I revoke my support and lean towards a no.

What kind of character he is shouldn't justify PG in these circumstances. He hasn't been malnourished, I'd say undernourished, and the difference matters. You do not have to be buff to dodge punches, you must be agile, there's a huge gap between the two and that's been neglected in the logs shown above. I'll also assume that because you were running at him you weren't very quite, either.

General Bravo also presents a nice point, These rogues should be created ICly through circumstances etc. and not applied for.
-support
Blukerbeh

View user profile http://tauwowdah.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris10023 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Blukerbeh wrote:
Chris10023 wrote:
I revoke my support and lean towards a no.

What kind of character he is shouldn't justify PG in these circumstances. He hasn't been malnourished, I'd say undernourished, and the difference matters. You do not have to be buff to dodge punches, you must be agile, there's a huge gap between the two and that's been neglected in the logs shown above. I'll also assume that because you were running at him you weren't very quite, either.

General Bravo also presents a nice point, These rogues should be created ICly through circumstances etc. and not applied for.
-support

It was voided, and we both agreed it can be re done. We both showed PG, with me a bit more than him, but I did not create the character with the intent to PG, I do apologize if that is how it came off.
Chris10023
Adminium Associate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Super America on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

I know I don't play much, but I am going to voice my opinion on this whole situation.

-Chris is a /o.k/ staff. He doesn't exceeds the requirements, he just meets them.

-I've had issues where Chris has Pged before.  Nothing big, but I don't think it'd be nice to have him as a rogue.

-Why the hell does a citizen have king's armor?

-Why Do we have rogues?

That's all.

EDIT:

Don't mention asspull.

Asspull is a huge thing on this server.

Super America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down