Oculatus (55)

Blukerbeh (43)

Top posting users this week

Half-Life 2 RP server

'Henry Lessels' Character Application

Go down

'Henry Lessels' Character Application

Post by Blukerbeh on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:45 pm

An application in request to create a canonically exotic character.

The reason this character is strange would be due to his age; 16. I'm fully aware under aged citizens would have been and will be amputated, but this character will not be a citizen with some sort of privilege to live like a normal citizen in plaza.

Relevant Backstory:

At a young age, Henry has always proved to be a mother's boy. His father had always been aggressive or dismissive to him, but his mother had proved to always care for him no matter what. Meteorology has always peaked Henry's interest. He's prepared a poor emergency kit filled with items to only help in the scenario of a flood. During a particular dinner, The Lessels had turned on the television, in which a national state of emergency had been announced. His father was quixotic, believing the tragedy was of course some hoax for gullible people to give them views. The Lessels had finished their dinner and his mother began putting the dishes in the washer, and Mr.Lessels had seated himself on the recliner and began reading the papers.

A low rumbling echoed throughout the neighborhood like an earthquake of low magnitude, and Henry rushed from his upstairs room to the front door which had already been opened by his parents. Upon exiting his home, he began to note just how many people lived in his suburban neighborhood as he his mother grasped him by the wrist and led him away from the building in case one collapsed. Distant screams became increasingly audible a few seconds prior to gun blasts, and as the rumbling stops the vibrations from monumental amounts of gunfire and explosions took its place.

Claire Lassel had noticed that in the rush of crowds that had been passing, she had lost vision of Joel, her husband. She began running through crowds with a tight grip on Henry, yelling his name awaiting some sort of response over the roars of both people and weaponry. The combine became visible at this point, Claire had been looking for her husband instead of running with the rest of her hometown, with her son in hand. She looked for the nearest building and entered it, panicking and trying to find a place to hide. The bathroom presented to be small, and upon opening the cabinets in search of anything that may help, she had found a displaced tile that revealed the foundation under the house. Claire looked to her son as tears pour from his face, just now noticing his terror.

"H-Henry, get in the hole---It's alright baby, J-Just get in," She spoke in a motherly voice.

Her son complied and looked up to her awaiting her following. She attempted to enter the small hole in the ground to be with her son, but the only reason Henry fit through was because even for his age he was especially lightweight. The marching and rumbling became much more audible, and Claire breaking into tears, and she looked to Henry, and ran into the home's messed kitchen and searching the cabinets. Some boxes of cereal, granola bars, peanut butter, hard candy, and some units of bottled water made their way through the hole in bathroom, before Claire spoke to her son. "Only a little bit at a time, okay, hon?" Henry protested, demanding his mother come down with her, and she explained it was impossible.

Claire covered the tile that revealed the foundation of the home and placed it precisely. The front door was broken open, and Claire ran away from the bathroom, so that suspicion would not be brought of it. "Did they see me as I ran in here? Is Steven safe?" she though, as she ran to the kitchen, where she grasped a butcher knife from the floor underneath some broken plates, and hid under a counter. Someone had entered the front door, and several things had began running around, and as soon as one made it to Claire's view, she had leaped at them with such grip of strength in her hand.

The room with dry grass as a floor was completely black except for one single diagonal of light from the edge of the foundation, that only lit a single dot of the ground a few feet from Henry. Henry grasped the objects around him and brought it towards this light, and waited for his mother to come back, or for the rumbling to stop. Both of which had not for several hours now, and he had become restless, tearing open the plastic cover over the first unit of bottled water, and attempting to open it to drink from it, but his strength could not overcome the weld of the water bottle's lid. Henry finally broke, him breaking in tears and sobbing, and covering his eyes, which have been powdered with dirt from the ground. Attempting over and over again to open the water bottle in a rage, the water complying after a few tries. The texture of the lid was ingrained on the side of Henry's thumb and pointer finger for several hours, as he hydrated himself, only taking sips, as his mother asked him to preserve the luck for as much as possible.

There was no more water, and the rumbling had not stopped yet, Henry has waited for weeks now, nearly driven insane due to isolation and Vitamin D deficiency. The tiny hole emitting a diagonal of light from the edge of the foundation was now mocking him, and in both a genuine rage and struggle for survival Henry began tearing at the dirt around it, revealing more and more sun, keeping at it for hours occasionally snacking on the last few handfuls of cereal. Henry barely made it out, exhausting himself of almost all the water that was keeping him alive, and he limped indoors. The rumbling was no longer a threat, it seemed, just a reminder. He opened the fridge of the house he was hiding in to find it completely empty, along with the neighboring houses. It was at his own that he had found some bottle in the basement fridge; they had not traveled too far from home in the panic as it happened too quickly.

Henry took his school backpack from his room and began filling it with food that didn't smell like pain itself, incapable of carrying a large amount due to lack of strength himself, he went from house to house only able to find one or two bottles, and rarely a half-emptied cereal box. Over the course of years Henry had survived this way, there where still plenty of things to sometimes entertain him on the houses he looted. Nobody brought a dictionary with them on this emergency, Nobody brought anything, it was a supposed earthquake, not a displacement. Often Henry had to hide in children's rooms and lay under the beds, hiding from footsteps, occasionally he would pass a body, which of someone he wish he knew. The first few times Henry had cried on the spot, terrified of the matter, but after weeks and weeks of seeing it, it became simply disappointing,  like someone who could have survived and accompany Henry, but had died. Death was still a concept Henry could not grasp until much later.

_________
Information about Henry that didn't present itself in the background story:
He's inflicted with Synesthesia and OCD.
If accepted, Henry would now be the age of 17.
Henry has never found an armed weapon or anything to truly protect himself with.

Slashraider and Blukerbeh In A Steam Chat wrote:
Blukerbeh: If i want to make a kinda weird char
Blukerbeh: do i gotta make a forum post anywhere?
Slashraider: what do u mean weird?
Blukerbeh: Weird just as in canonically strange
Blukerbeh: a 16 year old
Blukerbeh: or would that just be impossible to point
Blukerbeh: where I should not
Slashraider: well all 16 y/os would be killed
Blukerbeh: I'm not saying he has to be a citizen
Blukerbeh: he/she
Slashraider: idk
Slashraider: i'd make a forum post
Blukerbeh: where would it go under
Slashraider: suggestions, i reccomend writing big back sotry
Blukerbeh: ofcourse
Blukerbeh

View user profile http://tauwowdah.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Henry Lessels' Character Application

Post by DIABLO258 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 am

Can I ask where this character will be spawning if it was accepted? If he spawns in D6 and is meant to stay in there, he is a special character. I'm not sure what Bravo and Slash's idea on special characters are, but this is what I said no to. The age could be worked around... people can be fooled... But I don't think people should be able to spawn in Slums with a newly created character. Especially if you are a new user.

But that is just my two sense.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:41 am

DIABLO258 wrote: If he spawns in D6 and is meant to stay in there, he is a special character. I'm not sure what Bravo and Slash's idea on special characters are, but this is what I said no to. The age could be worked around... people can be fooled... But I don't think people should be able to spawn in Slums with a newly created character. Especially if you are a new user.

But that is just my two sense.

Slums wouldn't be necessary, but it is most likely the only way into I17 aside from the train station.

Steam Chat wrote:
Blukerbeh: Is there any way into I17 aside from train station?
Slashraider: Yeah
Blukerbeh: Where?
Slashraider: Shell beach
Blukerbeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Slashraider on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:52 pm

I agree with DIABLO. Maybe she could of fooled the CCA. But if you make that char it just can't spawn in the slums. You would have to figure out how not to get caught by the CCA.

I want to see what others think about this first before I make a decision.

Citizen(s) :
Shea Vegas - DEAD
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C18-GHOST-DvL.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - DEAD

Slashraider
Owner Of The HL2RP Server

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Neutral right now. Kind of iffy on him managing to a: survive the world after the war with all the Xen creatures around(remember people, the Portal Storms were a thing)and b: getting into the city at all without being found out.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Bravo has some good points. It would make more sense if you were caught by the CCA just like everyone else. But somehow managing to escape their grasp and then SNEAK past them? Doesn't make much sense to me.

And those portal storms. That shit would be fucked up. So that as well is a good point.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:34 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Bravo has some good points. It would make more sense if you were caught by the CCA just like everyone else. But somehow managing to escape their grasp and then SNEAK past them? Doesn't make much sense to me.

And those portal storms. That shit would be fucked up. So that as well is a good point.

I'm not saying Henry has to enter the map unscathed or alone for that matter.
Blukerbeh

Back to top Go down

Post by General Bravo on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Well, you might want to rework some of your premise, then.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his way
Overwatch Transhuman Arm:
OTA-ECHO-SQL.27766-Alive-Preserving Nexus internal stabilization, assaulting anti-citizen hideouts
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-Last seen in City 18
Enslaved Biotic:
Tuk'Zal-Unknown-Last seen in City 18

Founder of The Event Horizon
General Bravo
Supreme Commander of TEH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:43 am

Alone? Who is coming with? And unscathed?

The only legit way to get into the city is through the train system. Other wise only members from the Outlands area of earth know how to get OUT of the city. Few can actually make it back in, or even want to for that matter.

EDIT: And dont think I am trying to shit on your idea. Its just, with these types of characters there can be a lot of loop holes. Loop holes that the good of the cannon just can't afford to have.
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blukerbeh on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:15 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Alone? Who is coming with? And unscathed?

EDIT: And dont think I am trying to shit on your idea. Its just, with these types of characters there can be a lot of loop holes. Loop holes that the good of the cannon just can't afford to have.

I don't mind at all, You're all bringing up good points and it's for the better.

My effort was going towards having an underage char, and I'm trying to find a canonically-abiding way to have that happen, but there is a lot of things that need to be worked around or through.

The issue is finding a way to get onto the train legitimately since entering any city.
Blukerbeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaughi on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:32 pm

You could just do what Dr. Kleiner and Eli Vance did to get into City 17 canonically... but lose your leg to a Bullsquid on the way and have it replaced with a mechanical one.

JUST SCALE THEM WALLS LIKE A REAL MAN
Zaughi
Honored Individual

View user profile http://www.theterminalgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DIABLO258 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Eli lost his leg escaping from Black Mesa, not trying to enter the city.

But im fairly sure they all enter through the train stations, or the canals, sewers. Anything like that, but ITS DANGEROUS. Obviously a teenager couldn't handle CCA sweeps, Zombies, head crabs, radiation, its just to complicated.

But if you do find a way, I would like to know
DIABLO258
Technical Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum